Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #1426
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Yes I was wondering about the view for a standard Royal Room
Thanks

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #1427
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Yes I was wondering about the view for a standard Royal Room
Thanks
Here is some shots of a standard view.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 07-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #1428
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Looks beautiful!!! Not that I asked but it is what I booked and I'm pleased to see so much green before the horizon of the parking lot...exactly how I hoped it would be
Yay I'm so excited like 70 days n were there

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #1429
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
Looks beautiful!!! Not that I asked but it is what I booked and I'm pleased to see so much green before the horizon of the parking lot...exactly how I hoped it would be
Yay I'm so excited like 70 days n were there
Honestly its not too bad... if your like us we keep the blinds and cutrains closed all the time.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #1430
jaybee1026
Earning My Ears

Probably a dumb question, but would there be much difference regarding distance to the food court, main building between a standard view Royal room and a river view one? I thought, by looking at the map, that a river view might be closer to everything, depending on what building you were in. Is there a recommended view to book for this or is it all pretty much the same distance?

Me Dh DD(13) DS(12) DD(10) DD(6)

Old 07-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #1431
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyg View Post
I have booked a preferred room. I was thinking of calling and explaining the situation and requesting a ground floor room.
I assume you won't need a full Accessible room (i.e. roll-in shower, etc), just a ground floor one? You could call the Special Needs line in advance on 1-407-939-7807 if you wish, but you'd probably do just fine by faxing the resort about 5 days before you arrive - let them know you'd like a room that you can get to and from by wheelchair easily, but that you don't want a fully adapted room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Riverside still has the coins. FQ is a test at this moment, so nothing is happening at RS for now.
Phew, I thought I'd got it wrong. Glad to know my info is still up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1026 View Post
would there be much difference regarding distance to the food court, main building between a standard view Royal room and a river view one?
Mostly the River View Royal Rooms are closer than the Standard View ones - but there are a few more remote ones at the far end of Parterre Place which could be further than away than some of the more 'central' Standard rooms. The best choice in terms of guaranteeing you a fairly centrally located Royal Room for getting to the main buildings would be a Pool View Royal Room by the way, they are almost all in Oak Manor and are all pretty close to the bridge over the river. See the floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/images/bu...gnoliaBend.pdf.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #1432
ABCastillo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1026 View Post
Probably a dumb question, but would there be much difference regarding distance to the food court, main building between a standard view Royal room and a river view one? I thought, by looking at the map, that a river view might be closer to everything, depending on what building you were in. Is there a recommended view to book for this or is it all pretty much the same distance?
Last January we stayed in a royal room with a garden/river view. They might be a little closer but overall it felt about the same. We had a stroller and needed the elevator so we always wound up going to the center of the building anyway but many of the buildings have lots of exterior stairwells so its easy to get to most of the rooms. You might want to ask for a first floor room if you can. That would be the fastest I think.

July 1998 - CBR | June 2010 - RPR | January 2013 - POR

Next: January 2014 - CR
January 2014 PTR: The Monorail, a Double Stroller and a New Little Brother
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #1433
ollyg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I assume you won't need a full Accessible room (i.e. roll-in shower, etc), just a ground floor one? You could call the Special Needs line in advance on 1-407-939-7807 if you wish, but you'd probably do just fine by faxing the resort about 5 days before you arrive - let them know you'd like a room that you can get to and from by wheelchair easily, but that you don't want a fully adapted room.

Phew, I thought I'd got it wrong. Glad to know my info is still up to date.

Mostly the River View Royal Rooms are closer than the Standard View ones - but there are a few more remote ones at the far end of Parterre Place which could be further than away than some of the more 'central' Standard rooms. The best choice in terms of guaranteeing you a fairly centrally located Royal Room for getting to the main buildings would be a Pool View Royal Room by the way, they are almost all in Oak Manor and are all pretty close to the bridge over the river. See the floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/images/bu...gnoliaBend.pdf.

Andre
Thank you very much! You are correct, I would not need a handicap room, just something on ground level because of the wheel chair. I am actually hoping that she will be weight bearing by then, but even if she is, the Dr. still wants her to use a wheel chair for the trip since it will be cutting it close.

I should be able to park it in the designated areas and get in the ride line with no problems.

Thanks for your help!

DH Me DD (8)
2009 WL---2010/2011 POP
September 2012 AOA
September 2013 POR
September 2014 POR
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #1434
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Our TA booked a River View room with a request for the Magnolia Bend mansion buildings (preferably Magnolia Terrace) and I am hoping that since we're going during a "quieter" week (we will be there 11/11 - 11/17) that our request will be fulfilled. I really want to stay in one of those rooms rather than an Alligator Bayou one. Do you think it's likely that will happen? Any suggestions on how to push the odds in our favor?

*note: I tried to read through all the prior posts but failed miserably.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #1435
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Got my fax in begging for a room close to the main building thanks to this giant pregnant belly.....wondering which section we'll be in. I've left it up to the Disney Gods to decide. Husband wants Alligator Bayou, I prefer mansions, though AB is closer to the main building. We'll see! I'm just happy to be going. I guess I need to look at pics on the pic thread for AB. We stayed in mansions last time and it was GORGEOUS!

4 days out! WOOHOO!

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1436
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

according to another thread there is more free dining this year

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post48969007
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #1437
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Thanks for those pictures Venomhatch that look way better then I was expecting

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #1438
jaybee1026
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your responses about my Royal room view/distance question. Our children are a bit older so even if we don't end up as close as we could get, it will be OK.

Me Dh DD(13) DS(12) DD(10) DD(6)

Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #1439
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Thanks for those pictures Venomhatch that look way better then I was expecting
Yeah no worries. That was the view from the back of the Oak Manor. Id say from room 9111 but that is not a standard room that is actually a garden view room. I would ask for rooms between 9088-9091, IMO 9091 would be better because I believe it would have a corner room and it may have two windows. But that is a brick wall there so it may also just have one window but the advantage is only one next door neighbor. It is pretty close to the quiet pool and laundry facilities right there.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #1440
Shaden
DIS Veteran

2014 Rates

hey guys, wonder if any knows the reason, or even noticed this ...

So, we loved our stay this may at POR, just 2 of us, so we stay in King beds when we have been to WDW.

We were planning on returning to POR, doing AB this time, except Disney has Jacked the rates on King Beds. For our Two week trip in May its now $500 extra for a king bed.

Then I popped over to French Quarter ... and they have NOT jacked the rates, its $236 to upgrade to the King Bed in FQ. ???

POR 252/233 vs POFQ 238/213

We really liked the feel of POR more then FQ when we were there last, but, dang, $260 more ? We could stay an extra day !

I just thought it was weird that Riverside would jump the rates on Kings so much but FQ didn't.

Last edited by Shaden; 07-16-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: