Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #1351
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
By any chance, does anyone know if the POR gift shop sells loaves of bread? Coronado did not, but Wilderness Lodge gift shop did. Last time we made a special trip over to Wilderness Lodge to pick up a loaf.

We take Jif PB for our son and buy a loaf of bread each trip. He's a picky eater and sometimes pulling out a Jif to go, and a couple slices of bread comes in really handy. And I see from that the food court has toasters so we could even make PB toast for him for breakfast.

Thanks in advance for the info.
I don't know about POR but I know that OKW and SSR do so you could head there if needed.

Actually now that I think about, I think only the hotels with kitchens (DVC) will have food like that.

But I did read you can buy bread at most food courts and counter service. Bring a ziplock and buy like 10 slices at first breakfast. Keep them fresh in your room.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #1352
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #1353
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post

Sadly, three days into our 9 day trip, my father in law passed away and we needed to make arrangements to come home. The kids were crushed and it was a really difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss I hope you are all able to return again soon and thanks for taking the time to share how Disney tried to alleviate worries for you during this difficult time...

Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #1354
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sadly, three days into our 9 day trip, my father in law passed away and we needed to make arrangements to come home.
I am very sorry for your families loss and that it had to happen at such a time. Prayers are on the way for your family. I hope you get to go next year!

The magic is extra special at such a vulnerable time. I'm glad to hear they were so helpful. I agree with the others. email Disney and explain everything including dates and approximate times. They will know who it was.

This is the best way to return the favor as it is very valuable to a Disney employee to receive commendations from visitors.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #1355
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
Actually now that I think about, I think only the hotels with kitchens (DVC) will have food like that.
No, other resorts do too. Check out this post from easywdw.com:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...-bayou-part-1/
Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #1356
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
Is there any advantage to not doing online check-in. and we still do the fax about 5 days before
I don't see any reason why not to do it to be honest. Some people say to avoid filling in the special-request tickboxes if you have already got more detailed verbal requests on your original reservation, but it is meant not to remove older stuff. See also www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
Do faxes still work? I thought they phased that out.
Yep, they do at some resorts anyway. I can't speak for anywhere else, but I do happen to know the person who generally reads them at POR/POFQ and I can assure you they do get noticed. Requests are still not guaranteed of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
By any chance, does anyone know if the POR gift shop sells loaves of bread? Coronado did not, but Wilderness Lodge gift shop did. Last time we made a special trip over to Wilderness Lodge to pick up a loaf.
Yes, lots of nice goodies in the shop, including bread:

Quote:
Sadly, three days into our 9 day trip, my father in law passed away and we needed to make arrangements to come home. The kids were crushed and it was a really difficult time. I spoke to a girl at the concierge desk and she was so nice and so helpful and did everything she could to try to make things ok for us. I wish so bad that I had gotten her name, because I really want to let someone know how wonderful she was.
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and for you and your kids' much-anticipated vacation to have been so sadly curtailed. If you could maybe PM me with the rough time and date that you spoke to the CM at the concierge desk (I'm sure that the date is etched on your mind; I know the date that my own father passed away is etched on mine) I'll see if I can find anything out for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-14-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #1357
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Andre
Thank you for the link. I knew I saw it somewhere. I am dyslexic and reading through the threads takes me forever. I will do my online tonight(home alone with no one to bother me hehehe) We are 50 days and counting!!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #1358
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
Andre
Thank you for the link. I knew I saw it somewhere. I am dyslexic and reading through the threads takes me forever. I will do my online tonight(home alone with no one to bother me hehehe) We are 50 days and counting!!
I have been recommending guest to do the check in also to save time. But As andre has mentioned I am one to say dont check all the tick boxes at the bottom about room request specifics if you have already done faxed or verbal requests.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #1359
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

What building to request? I had a package booked at CBR but cancelled it... Just looks too big for me. I am going to book if free dining comes out like everyone is anticipating. I really don't care for the look of the alligator bayou rooms.... Any POR experts can help me out?
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #1360
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Andre, I see there's PB&J along with the bread. How about tuna and mayo?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #1361
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom
I'm only up to page 36 reading this thread....I was wondering when we arrive at the airport and take the Magical Express....does it just stop at French Quarter and Riverside, or does it stop at other resorts as well?

Thanks!!
ME stops at multiple resorts and it has rarely been the same each time. ME is based on need for that day and not on any set route..

In addition, the bus driver chooses the order, so you will not know until he closes the door and announces it.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #1362
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Andre, I see there's PB&J along with the bread. How about tuna and mayo?
Sorry, no idea... not something I would have dwellled on to be honest.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #1363
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
What building to request? I had a package booked at CBR but cancelled it... Just looks too big for me. I am going to book if free dining comes out like everyone is anticipating. I really don't care for the look of the alligator bayou rooms.... Any POR experts can help me out?
Well, if you're not interested in AB, your only options would be Acadian House and Magnolia Terrrace unless you book a royal room.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #1364
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Ok- are these options in a good place? I have 2 boys so no real reason to get the royal rooms.
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #1365
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I have been recommending guest to do the check in also to save time. But As andre has mentioned I am one to say dont check all the tick boxes at the bottom about room request specifics if you have already done faxed or verbal requests.
Thanks to both of you. I have verbally contacted them and will be doing the fax-so thanks for your help. I am all for saving time

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: