Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #121
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe

I love it there but the rooms are on the small side.
Our friends stayed in AB section with 3 kids. One girl 16, one boy about 14, and a 5.5 yr old boy. They used the pull down bed and said a bit tight but loved it and would definitely do it again!
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #122
amydeich
Mouseketeer

Pool question: is there enough shallow area at the main pool for my 3 year old to stand in? Or should I bring her puddle jumper floatie? Leaving in the morning to drive down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #123
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydeich View Post
Pool question: is there enough shallow area at the main pool for my 3 year old to stand in? Or should I bring her puddle jumper floatie? Leaving in the morning to drive down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
There is a kiddie pool at the main pool that will be perfect for your 3 yr old. I usually kept arm bands on mine when they were little though because if they sit down in the middle of the kiddie pool it is deep for them. I think the main pool will be too deep for your 3 yr old to stand though once leaving the steps. They do have life jackets available but mine were always more comfy in what they were used to wearing in the pool at home. If you have some kind of floatie that you usually use, I would bring it.

Have a great trip!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #124
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Port Orleans Hurriance Tumbler

I saw this on another website is this available at both Riverside and French Quarter?

thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #125
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylizcox View Post
We have a family of five, two adults, two teen boys and a preschool girl. Will we be squished in a POR room?
Tony and Liz
We are a family of five also. The rooms are small. But for us we love the POR. Quiet and peaceful. And one room saves us money. And the bathroom broken up allows us to get ready pretty quick. We don't spend a lot of time in the rooms. POR only five person rooms Disney has that are not suites as far as I know.
You have to consider how much money, space and time In the rooms you want to spend.
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #126
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Water Slide

Hello staying @POR this Sept. We were thinking of doing one day just hanging out at the resort...

This brings me to my slide question.... what is the height requirements if any and can two ppl go at a time as in me and ds 2 but a large 2
Old 05-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #127
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
Hello staying @POR this Sept. We were thinking of doing one day just hanging out at the resort...

This brings me to my slide question.... what is the height requirements if any and can two ppl go at a time as in me and ds 2 but a large 2
I don't recall there being a height requirement of any kind, but I do know that you cannot go two at a time.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #128
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

Bus or boat to DTD

First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??

ps.. sorry posted this like 2 times on the wrong threads..
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #129
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

This wait is driving me crazy.....

so I find myself checking to see if the movie/recreation/activities schedules are out for June yet.....

My 8 year old daughter cries several times a day saying she can't wait and why can't we go today??? Breaks my heart, but she is my "mini me"

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #130
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
so I find myself checking to see if the movie/recreation/activities schedules are out for June yet.....

My 8 year old daughter cries several times a day saying she can't wait and why can't we go today??? Breaks my heart, but she is my "mini me"
I'm looking forward to the June calendars too! Andre usually posts them on his site on the first of the month (or a day or two prior, sometimes.) Oh, and I agree with your daughter!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #131
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan73
First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??

ps.. sorry posted this like 2 times on the wrong threads..
The buses start running at 9am; the water taxi starts running at 11am. The buses run every 20 minutes until 1am/2 am or so. You will have no problem; just remember the water taxis run every 20 minutes until 4 pm. Then they run every 10 minutes.

You are confusing the comments regarding buses AT DTD, not TO DTD. Buses at DTD hub that run resort to resort run sporadically because they are deadheaded in the morning. The priority is to get to a park and then take guests to resorts as needed, because few people are trying to get to the resorts in the morning, but everyone is going to a park. 95 percent of the people trying to get to an early morning ADR at a resort are going to use a parks bus and walk to the resort. The rare case is AKL or OKW like me, on my last day. I just take a cab.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #132
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

We are booked in a Royal Room Poolside....Anyone know what the name of the building is that we will be in??

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Old 05-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #133
amcn928
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyshopper View Post
We are booked in a Royal Room Poolside....Anyone know what the name of the building is that we will be in??
I'm pretty sure it is Oak Manor. You can check out the maps on the first page of this thread. I think there is only one pool view room in Panterre
Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #134
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyshopper
If you look on the map on the first page and click on Parterre Place and Oak Manor, it is color coded as to which rooms are which category on each floor. There are several nice locations.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #135
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928

I'm pretty sure it is Oak Manor. You can check out the maps on the first page of this thread. I think there is only one pool view room in Panterre
Huh? Not quite. See my post above. I am an architect, you would not begin to allocate rooms in a building and have only one room, unless it is the presidential suite which would be a highly desirable room that commanded a great deal of money.

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: