Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #1306
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
We just booked a royal room for one night before heading over to SRR for a weekly DVC rental. I am really excited as we have never stayed or visited either Port Orleans hotel. .
Venom has already answered your question properly, but I reckon you should hire a pontoon boat at the marina at POR and take your luggage with you and drop it off at the SSR dock. One of you would then need to bring the boat back to POR of course, and then make their way back to SSR, but it'd sure be a fun way to do it!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #1307
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Just checked in to POR this morning... We have a refrigerator in our room, coldest one I've ever felt in a Disney resort...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #1308
Sandyt05
Earning My Ears

Where is Bldg 14 located and do they have Royal Guest Rooms? I was just going to post this question below and saw your post.

Which location (bldg) at POR Riverside would be the best location for a Royal Guest Room that is conveniently located nearest the main bldg and bus stops?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1309
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyt05 View Post
Where is Bldg 14 located and do they have Royal Guest Rooms? I was just going to post this question below and saw your post.

Which location (bldg) at POR Riverside would be the best location for a Royal Guest Room that is conveniently located nearest the main bldg and bus stops?
No sorry Building 14 doesn't have RGRs. They are only located in Parterre and Oak Mansions.

If you go to www.portorleans.org, andrewilley's Site, under Riverside. Then go to quick reference and map tab in the top left is a map and it can show you where the Oak and Parterre are located.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1310
Sandyt05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
No sorry Building 14 doesn't have RGRs. They are only located in Parterre and Oak Mansions.

If you go to www.portorleans.org, andrewilley's Site, under Riverside. Then go to quick reference and map tab in the top left is a map and it can show you where the Oak and Parterre are located.
Thank you, just found that site right after I posted this question! great site!

Between the 2 Oak Manor or Parterre...anyone prefer one over the other? What is the best room location at either?

Thank you!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1311
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Or you could go to the first post in this thread and scroll down just a bit to see the map. But yes, do visit Andre's site also.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #1312
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Venom has already answered your question properly, but I reckon you should hire a pontoon boat at the marina at POR and take your luggage with you and drop it off at the SSR dock. One of you would then need to bring the boat back to POR of course, and then make their way back to SSR, but it'd sure be a fun way to do it!

Andre
That would be $80 I want to spend on Mickey Ice Cream Bars
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1313
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Yeah, but just think of it as a recreational activity with a practical result. You could do it cheaper in a Sea Raycer, but it might be a squeeze...

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1314
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, but just think of it as a recreational activity with a practical result. You could do it cheaper in a Sea Raycer, but it might be a squeeze...

Andre
It would actually be a pretty funny site too!
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #1315
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyt05 View Post
Thank you, just found that site right after I posted this question! great site!

Between the 2 Oak Manor or Parterre...anyone prefer one over the other? What is the best room location at either?

Thank you!
I definitely like the Oak Building. "JMO"

Quote:
Yeah I agree!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #1316
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I've just gone through all of the 2014 seasonal rates from the WDW website and entered them into a table for POR rooms (that's three hours of my life I'm not going to get back! LOL).
OK, I've done the rest of the 2014 room rates now. They are still on a temporary page at the moment (www.portorleans.org/roomrates2014.php) but it now contains all of the Port Orleans room categories for 2014 - POR regular rooms, POR Royal Rooms, and POFQ rooms. That took some doing!

I still think there's an error with the POR King Bed rooms for the Summer (June/July) season. Unlike every other room category, they are priced LOWER than the preceding 'Regular' season weekday rates. So if you want a King Room for summertime next year, I'd book it now! There are other anomalies and differences in the category increments, but that's the biggest one. Oh, and a King Bed room at POFQ in Peak season is $21 dollars more expensive than River View for the same time! I even made a graph in Excel to check (I must have far too much time on my hands!!)

Oh, and the booking site still won't bring up availability for POR King Rooms for three people (which it now should, due to the new fold-down beds in the AB rooms). It's listed in a '2 adults and 1 child' search, with the text description saying "sleeps up to 3", but you can't click to book it.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-12-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1317
mstoini
Yo Disney!

Rental car

hello everyone! We will be arriving at POR next week and will have a rental car only because we want to visit other locations and we're control freaks.

What I'm trying to figure out is what time should be leave to be at MK's rope drop? We are planning on being there next Thursday which means it will open at 8AM. I understand that parking at MK also means taking a bus and then the monorail to get to the actual park? So if we leave POR at 7:30AM, would it be possible to make the MK rope drop at 8AM? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #1318
rms123
Mouseketeer

Is anyone arriving tomorrow or already here that wants our extra groceries? Chocolate milk in shelf stable containers, apples, applesauce, puffs, graham crackers, etc. PM me if interested. I would hate to throw it all away.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #1319
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoini View Post
hello everyone! We will be arriving at POR next week and will have a rental car only because we want to visit other locations and we're control freaks.

What I'm trying to figure out is what time should be leave to be at MK's rope drop? We are planning on being there next Thursday which means it will open at 8AM. I understand that parking at MK also means taking a bus and then the monorail to get to the actual park? So if we leave POR at 7:30AM, would it be possible to make the MK rope drop at 8AM? Thanks for any suggestions!
It doesn't take long to get to the MK parking lot but then you have to either walk (if you're close enough to the TTC) or take the parking lot tram to the TTC. Afterwards, you'll have to take the monorail/ferry to MK. I would leave by 7:00 or 7:15 to allow yourself plenty of time to get there and to go through security if you have a bag to check.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 07-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #1320
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms123 View Post
Is anyone arriving tomorrow or already here that wants our extra groceries? Chocolate milk in shelf stable containers, apples, applesauce, puffs, graham crackers, etc. PM me if interested. I would hate to throw it all away.
If no one responds to your posting, you can leave the unopened items for Mousekeeping in your room with a note. I have heard that they might be able to use it. No use wasting something that is untouched and sealed , that's just a waste.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: