Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #1291
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
They look darling, but we're two adults, don't need the "theming," and would rather have the King bed and more rustic decor.
We're two adults too We loved it! We would hate rustic theming, so that's what's so great about Disney. Different strokes for different folks Good luck with changing your ressies!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #1292
Alice515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

We just stayed in a GV RR in June. Check out my pictures of our room view a few pages back! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1126 It might change your mind
Thank you for posting the pics. We go in early Sept, RR GV. I can't wait!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #1293
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Are you trying to book online? You should call. I doubt they're already sold out.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1294
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've just gone through all of the 2014 seasonal rates from the WDW website and entered them into a table for POR rooms (that's three hours of my life I'm not going to get back! LOL). If you want to have a look at the list (inc tax) it's at www.portorleans.org/roomrates2014.php (it's a work in progress, no Royal Rooms yet and some other details will need updating from the old layouts).

This time, every category seems to be priced separately (although Pool View and Preferred rates are very similar). There are some odd discrepancies in the pricing of King Bed rooms too - sometimes they are cheaper than Pool/Preferred rooms, sometimes more expensive. I wonder if there is an error with some of the initially loaded figures, especially for Summer and some weekend rates which seem rather cheap? Also, the increments from Standard View to River View rooms are as much as $60/night during some periods, and overall the rate structure seems much less consistent than in previous years.

Andre
Interesting. I loved having a river view room, but I don't know if I'd want to pay $60 a night more. Thanks Andre. I'll have to check that out.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #1295
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
We have a preferred room booked for Sept. Is building 14 the best location?
Yes!! We were so lucky to have a room in building 14 on our last trip. We have also stayed in 15 & 16 and enjoyed those locations too, but 14 was great! It was very close to the food court and bus stop. I had put it down as a request and they gave it to us. I also made a request for a ground floor because they do not have elevators over there, which would have been a problem for my mother.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #1296
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

The room inventory survey of fridges is now complete, and not all rooms are affected (only around 50% at Riverside in fact, due to a bit of luck during the recent refurb) so requesting a fridge (even for non-medical reasons) might well get you one. I don't think this is going to be as big of a deal as people feared.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1297
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think this is going to be as big of a deal as people feared.

Andre
Thank you!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #1298
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but this was released yesterday afternoon to everyone here. I know we knew already about the defect and they were unplugging them in the rooms but this has time frames and other info in it as well.

Quote:
"Disney hotels will not have refrigerators in their guest rooms for a few months. A possible defect was found in the refrigerators used at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani, so they have been removed or disconnected. Guests will receive a letter in their rooms explaining the problem, but the fridges will only be removed from unoccupied rooms or when current guests check out.

This does not affect Disney Vacation Club rooms, Fort Wilderness cabins, the Family Suites at Art of Animation and All-Star Music and the suites at the Disneyland Hotel. These rooms all have larger refrigerators.

There will be a limited number of fridges available for guests with medical necessities, but these are not guaranteed.

It is expected to take up to four months to get all the refrigerators replaced."
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #1299
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The room inventory survey of fridges is now complete, and not all rooms are affected (only around 50% at Riverside in fact, due to a bit of luck during the recent refurb) so requesting a fridge (even for non-medical reasons) might well get you one. I don't think this is going to be as big of a deal as people feared.

Andre
That's great news! Thank you for the update! We arrive August 11th and are hoping for a fridge. Hopefully all of POR will be replaced by then since it only affected about half of them.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1300
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Place near by that rents and delivers mini fridges if you feel you need one. Just an Idea!

Half way down under "Additional Necessities"

$40 to rent one for a week

http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #1301
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Place near by that rents and delivers mini fridges if you feel you need one. Just an Idea!

Half way down under "Additional Necessities"

$40 to rent one for a week

http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html
Or you could buy one from WalMart for $60 or so. I'll consider that in three weeks time depending on whether we get a fridge or not at POR.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #1302
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Or you could buy one from WalMart for $60 or so. I'll consider that in three weeks time depending on whether we get a fridge or not at POR.

Andre
HA ha, Buy it for $60 have it delivered for more $$ then after your vacation go, Nope I don't want it after all. Rent a cab take it back to Walmart, get your refund where that now pays for the taxi cab ride over to Walmart and back to the hotel. That's if you can convince them you didn't use it when you did.

Or....................

Pay a lot to ship it back home.

Hmmmmmmmm.......
Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1303
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

We just booked a royal room for one night before heading over to SRR for a weekly DVC rental. I am really excited as we have never stayed or visited either Port Orleans hotel.

One question. We plan on taking a taxi over to SSR when we check out. Can we request the taxi to come near our building so we can pack the car with luggage and avoid using bell services. I know at Coronado we could do this years ago but just wanted to be sure. And I know Disney will transfer luggage for free but hoping to avoid that and get our bags and check in relatively early, even if the room isn't ready.

And, give me some suggestions! We will be checking in by 6pm and spending the night and morning there. I want to swim, eat, tour, but realize I don't have a ton if time.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #1304
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
Hi all,

We just booked a royal room for one night before heading over to SRR for a weekly DVC rental. I am really excited as we have never stayed or visited either Port Orleans hotel.

One question. We plan on taking a taxi over to SSR when we check out. Can we request the taxi to come near our building so we can pack the car with luggage and avoid using bell services. I know at Coronado we could do this years ago but just wanted to be sure. And I know Disney will transfer luggage for free but hoping to avoid that and get our bags and check in relatively early, even if the room isn't ready.

And, give me some suggestions! We will be checking in by 6pm and spending the night and morning there. I want to swim, eat, tour, but realize I don't have a ton if time.
Yes you can do that. Just have bell services notify them where you will meet them at to pack the car up. Make sure they get you a cab that can take all of your luggage and passengers to SSR.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #1305
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Yes you can do that. Just have bell services notify them where you will meet them at to pack the car up. Make sure they get you a cab that can take all of your luggage and passengers to SSR.
Thanks - I will.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: