Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #106
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
But after having been.....I don't think it would have mattered to be near the parking lot-those views are much closer to the South Bus Stop.
Quite. It's not like being in an apartment block opposite an expanse of concert outside WalMart in the middle of city.

Even the parking lot views at Port Orleans are tree-lined and really quite pretty.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #107
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Leave tomorrow!!!!

So excited!!! Leave tomorrow morning and will be at POR to check-in probably by Noon.

Our first visit to this resort and so looking forward to it. Thanks to Venom, Andrew and all the posters for the great advice and information.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #108
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmanrmv View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the types of products that are sold at the gift shop? I'm traveling with DW (who loves coffee), and DD, who seemingly can't live without chocolate milk, lol.

I know I could always order from Garden Grocer, or have these things delivered, but we are not renting a car for this trip, and the convenience of having milk, coffee pods, water bottles etc available during the trip without having to grab a cab and garb them off-site would be great.
We ordered cases of water from Staples.com. Free shipping if you are a Staples Rewards member.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #109
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Portorleans.org - andre's website.

Go to pictures for the main building; there are several pictures of Fulton's General Store. There is both a shelving area with snacks and a refrigerated case.
You can also find pictures here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...-bayou-part-1/
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #110
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

What type of milk product (1/2 and 1/2, 2 percent, whole milk????) is available to be put in your coffee and can u fill your mug up with milk at the refill stations here? Are there microwaves for guest use?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #111
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdhycster View Post
What type of milk product (1/2 and 1/2, 2 percent, whole milk????) is available to be put in your coffee and can u fill your mug up with milk at the refill stations here? Are there microwaves for guest use?
In the link I posted in my previous post there's a picture of a machine next to the coffee machine that dispenses half and half. I would assume that if you want milk instead that you'd have to purchase a little carton. Milk is not an option for the refillable mugs. There is a microwave for guest use.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #112
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdhycster
There was only half and half. No milk at the refill stations. There is a microwave by the salad line just outside of the registers that anyone can use.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #113
lillykat
DIS Veteran

One question. The girls loved eating while watching the water wheel and gears. It was working early in the week but not later. Do they only turn it on sometimes or wad it broken?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #114
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Does anyone here know which building at POR is closest to Pofq. We have reservations at POR the second week of November and would like to make use of both resort's.My mother's first choice of resort's was pofq but the food options for my son seemed better at POR. I want to be able to please both so I thought maybe breakfast at pofq and supper at por.

77,79,88-off-site,89,90 FW,96 ASMO, 05 off-site, 07,09,11 POP, 13 POR/POFQ, 2015 POP
DD 50 ,DM 48 ,DS 16
Old 05-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #115
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before but
We are currently booked at pofq under the free dining pin for october and i see that garden view is available at riverside for the same price
I really love the rooms of the mansions better then the room at pofq
I understand that requests are just that but would i likely get the mansions or would I probably get alligator bayou?
I guess i am asking should i stay put or risk moving?
Thanks

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013
Old 05-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #116
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
One question. The girls loved eating while watching the water wheel and gears. It was working early in the week but not later. Do they only turn it on sometimes or wad it broken?
It is usually running, but obviously there are some times when they switch it off for maintenance, cleaning, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Does anyone here know which building at POR is closest to Pofq.
Parterre Place - but that building contains Royal Guest Rooms only. The closest non-Royal building would be Magnolia Terrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
I understand that requests are just that but would i likely get the mansions or would I probably get alligator bayou?
There are slightly more regular-style AB rooms than there mansion building ones, but if you put in a request you'll stand a pretty good chance of getting a mansion building. If you book a Royal Guest Room then you are guaranteed a mansion building, as the RGRs are located in Parterre Place and Oak Manor only.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #117
tonylizcox
Earning My Ears

We have a family of five, two adults, two teen boys and a preschool girl. Will we be squished in a POR room?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #118
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylizcox View Post
We have a family of five, two adults, two teen boys and a preschool girl. Will we be squished in a POR room?
I love it there but the rooms are on the small side.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #119
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I love the people on this thread! We just booked in January, so it was really the first time I'd ventured onto the POR thread. It's now less than 2 weeks away from our trip, and we've had to start a new FAQ thread two (?) times since I came in January! That just goes to show how helpful and awesome everyone is
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #120
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdhycster
There are microwaves at the food court for your use. I do not know about the milk, since I do not drink it.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: