Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #1156
mch521
Mouseketeer

Yay! I just upgraded us to a RR standard view for our trip Thanksgiving week!!! So excited, we did have a garden view room but figured that a RR theming will make up for the standard view, the resort is gorgeous anyway.....can't wait!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #1157
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
I do! How was the walk to the parking lot and to the food court/bus stop? I usually book preferred but my girls would love the Royal Rooms!
Glad you had a great trip!
By the parking lot, do you mean to where you park your own car? Again, we were in Oak Manor, right where the AED mark is as you look at the map, facing the courtyard on the river side. We parked as the signs directed us to in the far side of the parking lot in between Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace. It was an easy walk down the green paths on the map and through the breezeway to our room. Maybe it took 2-3 minutes?

We always took the direct bridge to the common area, not the one that passes the pool. The walk would take about 5 minutes over to the food court? There are doors on the river side that go straight into the food court area. I will admit that psychologically, it seems far-ish away...but I think this is just because it's on the other side of the river, KWIM?

We never used the East Depot. But I could see it easily from where we parked the car. For our room location, the main depot in the common areas was about the same distance. Honestly, we never walked straight to and from the bus depot to the room...we hit the food court first or we browsed in the gift shop. It was an easy walk though, 5-10 minutes.

If you have never stayed over in the Mansions area, I would recommend it! I honestly didn't tour through the AB area, but I loved all the different garden features in the Mansions area. The buildings are so interesting to me as well. And the RR really is fun. Some ladies were talking about their love of the fireworks on the headboard and I have to admit...I did too! I would hit them first thing and last thing every day and night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #1158
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

I want to stay here so bad
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #1159
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They do have a VERY limited quantity of microwaves which you can request for in-room use, or at least they certainly used to.

Andre
How would we get one? would we have to call or just put it on our fax as a special request? Thanks
Old 07-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #1160
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatterly View Post
Are you staying somewhere else when you arrive in 105 days?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #1161
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
Are you staying somewhere else when you arrive in 105 days?
All star music
Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #1162
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRabbit View Post
We always took the direct bridge to the common area, not the one that passes the pool. The walk would take about 5 minutes over to the food court? There are doors on the river side that go straight into the food court area. I will admit that psychologically, it seems far-ish away...but I think this is just because it's on the other side of the river, KWIM?
This is why I think people feel POR is too large or dislike their stay because of that reason. While it is large, it, psychologically, it seems so much larger because of the bodies of water and varying paths, etc. I really can't see how any of the areas would results in these 20 minute walks to common areas, buses, etc., people refer to, but people report that, but I'm skeptical.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #1163
Alice515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post

This is why I think people feel POR is too large or dislike their stay because of that reason. While it is large, it, psychologically, it seems so much larger because of the bodies of water and varying paths, etc. I really can't see how any of the areas would results in these 20 minute walks to common areas, buses, etc., people refer to, but people report that, but I'm skeptical.
I agree, I haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings but even with a 4 yr old walking too... It never took that long. We were in the backside of Oak Manor then. Maybe if we were in the far corner of Parterre Place, it may have taken 5 mins more but still can't imagine 20 mins to the food court or South bus depot.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #1164
Alice515
Mouseketeer

Quote:

All star music
I'm sorry you are not able to stay where you really want too, but at least you will be in Disney!! We originally booked All Star Movies but switched to POR RR only because things worked out well for us. I'm a server and since I often have cash on me, I pay for things in whole dollars and save up all my change in piggy banks. You would be amazed by how much you can accumulate by doing this. I do realize though that not everyone carries cash but just wanted to let you know my little secret that has helped us to afford a WDW trip with a stay at POR. Have a great vacation when you go!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #1165
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
All star music
Let's see 105 days would put you at mid October? Maybe a discount will come out for the fall that will allow you to stay at POR. Here's hoping
Old 07-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #1166
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice515 View Post

I'm sorry you are not able to stay where you really want too, but at least you will be in Disney!! We originally booked All Star Movies but switched to POR RR only because things worked out well for us. I'm a server and since I often have cash on me, I pay for things in whole dollars and save up all my change in piggy banks. You would be amazed by how much you can accumulate by doing this. I do realize though that not everyone carries cash but just wanted to let you know my little secret that has helped us to afford a WDW trip with a stay at POR. Have a great vacation when you go!!!
We have been doing the same thing. We don't spend coins just add them to a Disney jar! We also round up in the checkbook. Works great and we have saved a few hundred dollars in just a few months.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #1167
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
Let's see 105 days would put you at mid October? Maybe a discount will come out for the fall that will allow you to stay at POR. Here's hoping
I have fd pin now as it is
Old 07-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #1168
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

I get so excited!

I get so excited just reading these posts!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

Old 07-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #1169
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you get to one day! I could only afford value last year, but saved enough for POR this year, which we are VERY excited about. My dream resort, however, is the Beach Club, so I have to do some serious saving for next year. I'm up for the challenge. It gives you something to look forward to!

Forgot to add: We still had the time of our lives at the value resort! My son still says it was the happiest week of his life (mine too).
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1170
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn
I made sure to take quite a few pictures of the view from our room during our stay 3 weeks ago since that's what I really wanted to see before we went

We were in an Oak Manor Royal Room, garden view, but as you can see, we had a GREAT view and could see the river out the side window. We didn't request a corner room, but we received one

As soon as we walked out our door, this was the view straight in front of us.

This was the view if we turned our heads to the left.

This was our view of the river from inside our room. Sorry for the extreme close up. It was dark in the room and I wanted to be sure you could see

The fountain was SO beautiful at night. It changed colors!
We had that exact room in September 2012!!! We didn't request corner either but it sure was a nice surprise!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: