Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #1051
sciteacher77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
I'm certain many CS have individual servings of Soy milk. Almond milk, I didn't see, but I didn't look for it, exactly. You could have some delivered from Amazon. You can get a pack of 18/8oz for less than $20.00 and if you have anything else you want/need delivered, if you have over $30.00, you get free shipping. Just have it shipped to your attention at the resort with your conf #. People do it all the time, especially if they are low/no gluten intolerant or dairy intolerant, they will ship their dietary aids to their resort.

Agree with above poster, make sure you email her dietary requests...Disney is VERY good about assisting guests with their dietary needs.
Thank you! I will be looking into ordering from Amazon and will definitely email Disney! Any reason to use Amazon versus Garden Grocer or another delivery service?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #1052
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We stopped at Goodings on our way in and got creamer ( much to my dismay this meant getting off one exit before the big welcome sign, ha!)
I hope you used the secret shortcut route when you left Goodings --- i.e. enter Disney propery via Hotel Plaza Boulevard but turn RIGHT at the end when you get to Buena Vista Drive, and then turn left and drive past Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Much quicker than going all the way through all of the DTD traffic lights queues!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #1053
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I hope you used the secret shortcut route when you left Goodings --- i.e. enter Disney propery via Hotel Plaza Boulevard but turn RIGHT at the end when you get to Buena Vista Drive, and then turn left and drive past Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Much quicker than going all the way through all of the DTD traffic lights queues!

Andre
Aw man! We did go Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we listened to the darn GPS which took us through all the DTD lights (which were all red ). We will definitely keep that in mind next time. Thanks!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1054
CaliTex
Will work for (Disney) food!

Buses

I know this has been asked and answered before, so I ask for your kind patience in advance.

How do you all think the wait times for buses will be like at POR during mid December? We usually stay at WL and do the boat ride, which we love, but decided to sneak in a "bonus" trip with two of our grandchildren for this December. Had a bad experience with the buses at CBR several years ago, hate to repeat that!

What do you think?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1055
jnicka
Earning My Ears

So everyone always wants the best location. That being said is there any bad locations besides parking lot views??
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #1056
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Requests

Am I the only one who doesn't care where our room is....as long as it is on WDW property?!? I have not made ANY special requests for our trips and none of them have been ruined. Imagine that....my kids keep wanting to go back!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Old 07-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #1057
ProudMomTo3Boys
My brain hurts. I am still working on it
Is talking in circles like walking in circles?
Can someone come to the mat with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care where our room is....as long as it is on WDW property?!? I have not made ANY special requests for our trips and none of them have been ruined. Imagine that....my kids keep wanting to go back!
I booked preferred but other than that, I don't care which of the preferred buildings we are in. I don't plan on faxing any requests. I did ask for a ground floor but if I don't get it, it won't ruin my vacation.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #1058
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicka View Post
So everyone always wants the best location. That being said is there any bad locations besides parking lot views??
Last year my wife and I were in AB buildoing 24, about as close to the west depot as you can get with a parking lot view. It was still less than a 10 minute walk to the food court, and we were about as far from the main building as you can get at POR.
We don't have kids, so we were probably walking faster than someone with littel ones, but neither one of us are candidates for marathon running.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #1059
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
I think I would feel that way if I went to Disney more often than once every eight years A bad room could make for a dismal trip, speaking of our two previous trips where half the time was spent in ER due to having smokers in or next to our non smoking room...we do not have to worry about that as much since the kids' asthma has greatly improved and hotels are stricter on smoking policies, but knowing it will likely be our one and only stay at a particular resort, it makes it more fun to make requests...

I never made requests at our two previous stays and was pixie dusted both times, to Tower at CR and to Savannah at AKL, but still ended up in ER...

Old 07-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #1060
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicka
Depending on your type of trip, the standard view can be the best. Have a car, like the privacy of no one walking by your room, close to bus stop.

If you feel a standard view is bad for your trip needs, then by all means pay for the view you wish to have that will make your vacation what you expected.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #1061
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMomTo3Boys View Post
I booked preferred but other than that, I don't care which of the preferred buildings we are in. I don't plan on faxing any requests. I did ask for a ground floor but if I don't get it, it won't ruin my vacation.
I booked exactly the same way. I am going to fax just to request the same room for both parts of our stay. To be honest, if we have to pick up and move to a new room, we'll get over it pretty quickly.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #1062
freckles04
DIS Veteran

I have booked a Preferred Room. Judging by the map, it looks like building 15 would be the best choice for us. It looks like it's close to a large amount of parking area, and we'll have our vehicle, so that will be handy. We don't mind a parking lot view. Without having been there, it's hard to picture, but it looks like it's still fairly close to the main pool/food court. Also, it looks like you can take an easy walk from Bldg 15 through the parking lot and to the South Depot. I hope my observations from the map are spot on.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #1063
mrsarbogast
Earning My Ears

I booked at POR this morning. Have free dining and wanted this resort but they didn't have any standard rooms left they did however; have the royal rooms available with FD. The CM talked me into it as we are taking only our youngest 2 girls on this trip. Is it worth the extra $300? Or should I switch if a standard becomes available?
(Dd)Kayleigh-15~
(Dd)Emalee-12~
& the newest Princess-Lexie 4already
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #1064
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsarbogast View Post
I booked at POR this morning. Have free dining and wanted this resort but they didn't have any standard rooms left they did however; have the royal rooms available with FD. The CM talked me into it as we are taking only our youngest 2 girls on this trip. Is it worth the extra $300? Or should I switch if a standard becomes available?
That is a hard to say as it is a judgment call. Some on here absolutely love the rooms. The theming is awesome and they are beautiful. Whether or not it is worth the money is hard to say. If the $300 doesn't matter, the kids will probably love the room. Mine are grown so I would probably switch.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #1065
shannon006
DIS Veteran

I would like to introduce myself to this group. My DH and I will be arriving in September for a little getaway without the children This is our first stay at Riverside. We had a reservation for POP, and having been trying everyday for Riverside, and today was the day. We were able to book a king bed, which is exactly what we were hoping for.

I have started to read through the pages, but there are a lot. We are excited for the river taxi, as we always go to DTD and ride down the river.

So I just wanted to introduce myself, and I will be working on finding out whatever I can do to make our stay magical

Our arrival day is DH birthday. I have our dining reservations as follows.
BOG dinner
Rose & Crown, 7:45, perfect for Illuminations
Garden Grill I love living with the land dinner, also doing behind the seeds tour
Sci Fi DH loves it lunch
Tusker house breakfast
Rainforest AK lunch

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: