Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #961
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp
I'm a little confused. I've seem some discussion that buildings don't have elevators. I have pretty bad knee issues which would make climbing stairs arduous. We're reserved for Sept 24-Oct 1 for a Royal Room. Will we have elevators available, or should I make an effort to arrange a ground floor room? Any insights?
Only the AB buildings do not have elevators. The mansions (where all the royal rooms are) definitely do have "lifts."

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #962
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
I'm a little confused. I've seem some discussion that buildings don't have elevators. I have pretty bad knee issues which would make climbing stairs arduous. We're reserved for Sept 24-Oct 1 for a Royal Room. Will we have elevators available, or should I make an effort to arrange a ground floor room? Any insights?
It's only the AB side that doesn't have elevators.

ETA: I must have started my reply the same time NJRRK submitted.

Last edited by EpcotBill; 06-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #963
JasmineClermont
Earning My Ears

I'm going to POR with my boyfriend on august 9-13, is the place busy during those time? also what would be interesting room request to make to have a most romantic stay? ( reserved king bed)
Old 06-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #964
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineClermont View Post
I'm going to POR with my boyfriend on august 9-13, is the place busy during those time? also what would be interesting room request to make to have a most romantic stay? ( reserved king bed)
Yes, it could be a bit busy, especially as you are there over a weekend, but on the plus side the parks are open pretty late... so if you get in early (use Extra Magic Hours to get the rides done) and then leave around lunchtime when it starts to get really busy and then spend some time back at the resort, then go back to a park for a meal and the evening fireworks/parades/shows/etc you should do fine.

For a nice room, you can ask for basically any view you like with a King Bed booking (apart from the Royal Rooms section) so I'd suggest perhaps request a river-facing corner room in a mansion building? It doesn't get much better than that if you happen to get your request met.

See you around the resort!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #965
JasmineClermont
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, it could be a bit busy, especially as you are there over a weekend, but on the plus side the parks are open pretty late... so if you get in early (use Extra Magic Hours to get the rides done) and then leave around lunchtime when it starts to get really busy and then spend some time back at the resort, then go back to a park for a meal and the evening fireworks/parades/shows/etc you should do fine.

For a nice room, you can ask for basically any view you like with a King Bed booking (apart from the Royal Rooms section) so I'd suggest perhaps request a river-facing corner room in a mansion building? It doesn't get much better than that if you happen to get your request met.

See you around the resort!

Andre
Thank you so much for the tip! as for asking it, in my reservation I stated mansion building, upper level, river view.
I'll add outside corner as well, but is it worthwhile to send a fax?
I heard some people do it, the thing is that I will be out of home 10 days prior to my arrival ( visiting step family in forth Lauderdale) and I know there is no fax there and possibly no computer... shall I send it before leaving?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #966
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Here now!

We are here now and I have to say everything is absolutely beautiful, from the grounds, to the pool area, to our room. Staff has been very courteous and friendly. We checked in about 1:00 or so and our room was ready. We are in Oak Manor, just a short distance from the bridge leading to the main building. At the pool now...had to get out a little while ago for "unscheduled maintenance".
We are only here for the night, but if anyone has a questions I will try to find your answer.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #967
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineClermont View Post

Thank you so much for the tip! as for asking it, in my reservation I stated mansion building, upper level, river view.
I'll add outside corner as well, but is it worthwhile to send a fax?
I heard some people do it, the thing is that I will be out of home 10 days prior to my arrival ( visiting step family in forth Lauderdale) and I know there is no fax there and possibly no computer... shall I send it before leaving?
I faxed mine 9-10 days out because that was the last day I had access to my work fax. I got every request. Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #968
Linas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom

I faxed mine 9-10 days out because that was the last day I had access to my work fax. I got every request. Enjoy your trip!
This is our first time staying on property and would like a first floor room or room close to elevator for husband's disability. I requested that when we made the reservation but would also like to fax in our request.

This may have been answered before but is there a certain form to fill out for your request? If so, where can I find it?

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #969
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linas View Post

This is our first time staying on property and would like a first floor room or room close to elevator for husband's disability. I requested that when we made the reservation but would also like to fax in our request.

This may have been answered before but is there a certain form to fill out for your request? If so, where can I find it?
First page of this thread.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #970
mccoy05
Earning My Ears

92 days till our trip, I am so excited! This is our first time staying at POR. We have booked a Royal Guest Room-standard view. We would like to have connecting rooms if possible. Since this being our first time at this resort I did not know if this was possible. Is it possible? Also, which is the best section to request? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #971
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy05 View Post
92 days till our trip, I am so excited! This is our first time staying at POR. We have booked a Royal Guest Room-standard view. We would like to have connecting rooms if possible. Since this being our first time at this resort I did not know if this was possible. Is it possible? Also, which is the best section to request? Thanks in advance!
Yes, connecting rooms are possible. Just remember, they are a request and not something you can specifically book.

I would suggest checking out this link for detailed descriptions of all the room types/locations so you can decide what area would best suit your needs.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #972
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

How many floors are the AB buildings? You have to haul your luggage up stairs?????
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #973
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
How many floors are the AB buildings? You have to haul your luggage up stairs?????
Yes you do but if I remember correctly it is only about 6 or 8 stairs
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #974
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
There are only two stories in the Alligator Bayou buildings, and the stairs are not especially steep. If you don't want to run the risk of carrying your bags up a whole flight of stairs, just request a ground floor room. Or try the three-story mansion buildings, which do have elevators.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #975
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy05 View Post
If you want connecting rooms, it is best to make that your only request.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: