Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #916
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Normally the room is stocked with at least two Regular and two Decaf, which should be replenished daily. You can always ask for more though.

Someone said that the in-room pods are now Joffrey's coffee, but I've not had that confirmed by anyone else yet.

Andre
Confirmed, Joffrey's starting the week we were there. Housekeeping did have the old Nescafe ones they were trying to get rid of, I think, because we had both in the room.

Everyone raved about it.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #917
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
I don't understand the reference to trundle beds. There haven't been any in the AB section since the remodel. There is a murphy bed now. We were there in April & didn't have storage issues in AB.
Sorry I meant murphy beds, they take up what could be storage room, that is the reference.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #918
Missytara
I'm all ears!

So I am finally able to take a few minutes and do a posting.

So after a little hiccup, when we requested Acadian House and were placed in the farthest building in AB - I reiterated my request and we were placed in Magnolia Terrace in the best room ever. First floor, 8611. We had the garden view, but were facing the parking lot, so we were very close to the car (first time with a car). We were close to the center hallway that lead to the smoking area for our one smoker. We were close to the quiet pool and from there close to the foot bridge over to Ol' Man Island and finally the food court and the marina. I have had many wonderful locations, but this one hit it right out of the park as to our needs.

The weather was ghastly hot; I don't think I will ever go other than my beloved week after Thanksgiving again. The heat index hit between 101 and 98 degrees daily. The parks opened at 9 am and wait times were 120 minutes by 10:15 in the morning; everyone had the same idea about going early and hanging out by the pool in the afternoon. My traveling companions managed to sleep in until almost noon daily, and toughed it out in the parks in the height of the heat. I would the bus over to the park and we would transfer over to whatever resort or place we were eating. I did miss two dinners, due to the heat and lack of appetite - one being Be Our Guest and the other Teppan Edo, both first time visits. We would get out of the resort around 7 pm or so, and I would get them back at a park, because by then it was raining, thundering and lightning. Again, they toughed it out and then had the parks almost to themselves until closing.

Are you sitting down - my longest wait for a bus was at the GF for a ride back to DTD - 8 minutes. I must have been the good luck charm, because I never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes for the buses or the water taxi. It was uncanny.

One really big blip; when I went to the park the first day, it was noted that I had someone else's card. They had somehow become switched. Guest Relations at Epcot was wonderful and voided the other person's card and then re-instated mine so I could get into the parks; he said I would have to go back to the resort to find out where the switch occurred and get the charges squared away and reinstate my charge priviledges. Well, I was able to do three transactions on this other woman's card with my pin code. The Manager at POR wrote up a long report to the IT department and he was very concerned about it. We figured out they got switched at a very crowded River Roost Lounge the night before (the place was packed to the gills and we had been imbibing quite heavily for being our first night!). No other charges occurred on my account from any else, so it was good.

We had a great time, but I will never go in the summer again!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #919
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
I don't remember the brand but I do remember it was not good at all
Yeah...I didn't like it in December, hopefully, it is now changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
So I am finally able to take a few minutes and do a posting.

So after a little hiccup, when we requested Acadian House and were placed in the farthest building in AB - I reiterated my request and we were placed in Magnolia Terrace in the best room ever. First floor, 8611. We had the garden view, but were facing the parking lot, so we were very close to the car (first time with a car). We were close to the center hallway that lead to the smoking area for our one smoker. We were close to the quiet pool and from there close to the foot bridge over to Ol' Man Island and finally the food court and the marina. I have had many wonderful locations, but this one hit it right out of the park as to our needs.

The weather was ghastly hot; I don't think I will ever go other than my beloved week after Thanksgiving again. The heat index hit between 101 and 98 degrees daily. The parks opened at 9 am and wait times were 120 minutes by 10:15 in the morning; everyone had the same idea about going early and hanging out by the pool in the afternoon. My traveling companions managed to sleep in until almost noon daily, and toughed it out in the parks in the height of the heat. I would the bus over to the park and we would transfer over to whatever resort or place we were eating. I did miss two dinners, due to the heat and lack of appetite - one being Be Our Guest and the other Teppan Edo, both first time visits. We would get out of the resort around 7 pm or so, and I would get them back at a park, because by then it was raining, thundering and lightning. Again, they toughed it out and then had the parks almost to themselves until closing.

Are you sitting down - my longest wait for a bus was at the GF for a ride back to DTD - 8 minutes. I must have been the good luck charm, because I never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes for the buses or the water taxi. It was uncanny.

One really big blip; when I went to the park the first day, it was noted that I had someone else's card. They had somehow become switched. Guest Relations at Epcot was wonderful and voided the other person's card and then re-instated mine so I could get into the parks; he said I would have to go back to the resort to find out where the switch occurred and get the charges squared away and reinstate my charge priviledges. Well, I was able to do three transactions on this other woman's card with my pin code. The Manager at POR wrote up a long report to the IT department and he was very concerned about it. We figured out they got switched at a very crowded River Roost Lounge the night before (the place was packed to the gills and we had been imbibing quite heavily for being our first night!). No other charges occurred on my account from any else, so it was good.

We had a great time, but I will never go in the summer again!
We were in Acadian 2 years ago very near the quiet pool. It was perfect, actually.

I can see how that could happen at the River Roost..they can get hopping and the Cajun Mary's are quite substantial!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #920
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
We were in Acadian 2 years ago very near the quiet pool. It was perfect, actually.

I can see how that could happen at the River Roost..they can get hopping and the Cajun Mary's are quite substantial!
We were in Acadian House as well a few years ago in a standard room, and it was a wonderful location. I also enjoyed being just near the quiet pool and with the landscaping, it just seems like you see more birds and butterflies over there.

OMG, I have to say the CM who helped me straighten out the charges was too funny. Her name was Jazzy. At first she thought I switched cards with someone else in my room - she commented, "there is someone staying in your room and you didn't even know her name." I finally was able to tell her they got switched somewhere and we had to retrace my steps.

When she asked me if my charge for River Roost was $35.98, I hesitated a bit - and said I wish! It was $125.00 - of course, I love Holly and did leave a huge tip! Anyway, she said, boy if I had run up that big of a bar bill, I wouldn't have known what I was signing either! I nearly fell over. She was a hoot!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #921
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quick question! I know you can get your breakfast in the POR food court and find a table in Boatwright's to eat, but can you do this for lunch too? Is it even busy enough to need to do this at lunchtime?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #922
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
When she asked me if my charge for River Roost was $35.98, I hesitated a bit - and said I wish! It was $125.00 - of course, I love Holly and did leave a huge tip! Anyway, she said, boy if I had run up that big of a bar bill, I wouldn't have known what I was signing either! I nearly fell over. She was a hoot!
LOL, as long as she got it sorted out for you anyway. So is Holly back at River Roost then? I thought she'd transferred over to Kouzzina on the Boardwalk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Quick question! I know you can get your breakfast in the POR food court and find a table in Boatwright's to eat, but can you do this for lunch too? Is it even busy enough to need to do this at lunchtime?
They really only encourage it at breakfast time, as they later set up tables ready for the evening sittings - but lunchtimes are generally not very busy anyway, as people are at the parks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #923
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

July 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The July 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available, including special events for Independence Day (4th of July). See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #924
Dani C
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this is an odd question, or if it has been addressed already and I am just missing it. Is there anywhere that shows the bus loading area locations at the different parks (Epcot, MK, etc.) that are designated for POR? Thank you for any information you may have.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #925
Alice515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
I'm sorry if this is an odd question, or if it has been addressed already and I am just missing it. Is there anywhere that shows the bus loading area locations at the different parks (Epcot, MK, etc.) that are designated for POR? Thank you for any information you may have.
I have tried to find pictures of this too. I have a feeling POR is just about the very last moderate resort in the bus queues. In some cases, AoA may even be before POR in the line-up. I do believe it is closer than any of the All Stars though.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #926
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
Just curious as to why you are looking for them? I ask because the locations change all the time. As an example, during our last 8-night stay we had a different loading location at MK, Epcot and Animal Kingdom every time we went. DHS was the only one that didn't change.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #927
Cinderumbrella
Wench

They aren't last. POP is always farther.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #928
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C
There are no set bus stops. The bus stops are changed weekly based on demand.

DHS has been the closest the week I go, and the rest have been midway. Do not ever assume they are far away, just because they are mods. I have used the parks to transfer to resorts and a few times GF has been the farthest.

Also, there are times you go to the bus stop at park closing and POR is packed, while POFQ is barely a line. Make yourself aware of the foot path from POFQ to POR when you get there. Consider it as a great alternative.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #929
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

LOL, as long as she got it sorted out for you anyway. So is Holly back at River Roost then? I thought she'd transferred over to Kouzzina on the Boardwalk
Andre
I knew you would ask, because I showed up Saturday and saw that spikey hair from the back at the server station and knew there was only spikey hair person in there.

She is picking up Friday and Saturday, because she loves Bob. But she does love Kouzzina for the breakfast shift.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #930
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

Yes, same place where you get the Magic Bars
And the cheesecake, red velvet cake and carrot cake. I was in sugar overload....

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: