Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #901
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I've been following this thread for months now, and really appreciate all of the information that's been provided.

We're 18 day from our first stay at POR-Royal Guest Room Standard View!

I've read that several people recommend bringing hanging organizers to help manage the lack of storage. Having looked at the photos on POR.org, it looks like half of the dresser space is the mini fridge and the other half drawers. Is this correct? I seem to remember a similar set up at CBR and POFQ. We managed ok at those resorts, so if anyone can confirm that they are in fact the same I can cross one thing off my growing shopping list.
I think people are more often concerned with the storage room in Alligator Bayou because of the trundle bed.

We were in POR Mansions section for 2 weeks, and we are NOT light packers, and we had no trouble with the room in the drawers.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #902
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

i wonder if packing cubes would help. i love mine and they help keep things very organized. i need very little drawer space when i use them. they make my suitcase so controllable to.
just a thought that may (or may not) help some one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #903
shawnstring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before.

I read on the portorleans.org site that the rooms have Cuisinart coffee makers with coffee pods.

Couple of questions:

1. How many Regular coffee pods do they give you per day? (Decaf does NOT count!) We would need two Regular pods per day.

2. Has anyone had an issue with these not being replenished daily?

I'm considering buying some of the pods online and bringing them along, but if they're good about keeping us stocked, I'd be happy with the complimentary ones.

Thanks!
I'm there now (actually waiting in a very long toy story mania line) and there was 3 reg pods when we checked in.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #904
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post

I think people are more often concerned with the storage room in Alligator Bayou because of the trundle bed.

We were in POR Mansions section for 2 weeks, and we are NOT light packers, and we had no trouble with the room in the drawers.
I don't understand the reference to trundle beds. There haven't been any in the AB section since the remodel. There is a murphy bed now. We were there in April & didn't have storage issues in AB.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #905
Nana Julie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
The HA rooms in the various resorts are very different, so yep, if she doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the room, don't request it. What you really want is ground floor, and that's part of the online checkin requests, and of course something you can mention in a fax.

Glad she has the wheelchair, that will keep exhaustion at bay!
Thank you for the info. TA said she would get it noted on reservation, but I will try the fax too
Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #906
Nana Julie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Yea, I never thought about that. Summer is usually gone in a flash, I can only imagine how it would drag if you had a trip planned in Sept !!!

I am worried this whole year is going to be like that, we booked in Jan for May, and that took forever, my wife has already booked vacation for Next May .... this is going to take forever !!!

Hope you still get to enjoy the summer, I know you will enjoy sept
But definately worth the wait!
Thanks, I get to sleep-in during the summer so I know will enjoy that
Old 06-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #907
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
1. How many Regular coffee pods do they give you per day? (Decaf does NOT count!) We would need two Regular pods per day.

2. Has anyone had an issue with these not being replenished daily?
Normally the room is stocked with at least two Regular and two Decaf, which should be replenished daily. You can always ask for more though.

Someone said that the in-room pods are now Joffrey's coffee, but I've not had that confirmed by anyone else yet.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #908
brian95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Normally the room is stocked with at least two Regular and two Decaf, which should be replenished daily. You can always ask for more though.

Someone said that the in-room pods are now Joffrey's coffee, but I've not had that confirmed by anyone else yet.

Andre
I don't remember the brand but I do remember it was not good at all
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #909
shawnstring
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Andre
I can confirm it is Joffrey's coffee, and we received 3 pods at check in.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #910
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Is there an ice cream station at POR? I can't remember if they had one or not. I only remember the magic bars.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #911
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
I can confirm that the regular coffee at ASMu Family Suites last week was Joffrey's. Decaf was still Cuisinart. It won't be long before all resorts switch to Joffrey's.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #912
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
Is there an ice cream station at POR? I can't remember if they had one or not. I only remember the magic bars.
Yes, they do.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #913
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
Yes, same place where you get the Magic Bars
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #914
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
i didnt see any repsonses to my PP.... so i thought i would repost.
Also wanted to add that i read more about the resort and from what i read it appears that since there are 5 of us in my party our room will be in Alligator Bayou. Howver from the pics i saw it doesnt look as if there is a lot of storage. Where does everyone empty their suitcases? We will proably have a lot since there are so many in our party and we are there 10 days????
We had five of us for 10 days as well. We managed only one checked bag going to and from WDW. We each had carry-on rolling luggage, and a backpack or tote bag. We put the luggage on top of the shelf in the " closet area" and put smaller bags inside larger ones. We had things in drawers, took a closet organizer, and asked for extra hangers. We did not live out of our suitcases.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #915
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post

We had five of us for 10 days as well. We managed only one checked bag going to and from WDW. We each had carry-on rolling luggage, and a backpack or tote bag. We put the luggage on top of the shelf in the " closet area" and put smaller bags inside larger ones. We had things in drawers, took a closet organizer, and asked for extra hangers. We did not live out of our suitcases.
P.S. we did laundry 3 times. Took a few Tide pods with us.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: