Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #856
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Currently booked at Pofq but not really feeling the rooms under the free dining pin only the royal rooms are left
Has anyone stayed at both and can compare the rooms are they worth paying about 300 dollars more for or should i just stay put?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #857
Linas
Earning My Ears

So excited to announce that we will be staying at POR!!! I booked a Royal Room with a Garden View for Sept 11-14.

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #858
Inklight
Earning My Ears

This thread is awesome! We arrive in POR on Monday for my DHs first WDW trip ever -- WOO HOO! I can't wait to step foot onto POR grounds ... there is so much love in this thread for this resort, I just know we will love it too!

Thank you for all of your advice and tips ... and a special thanks to andrewilley for your great POR Web site (mega info!) and to Venomhatch for your awesome room request suggestions (and template)!

It's been about 13 years since I've been to WDW ... and now my counter says only 4 days!!! I don't think I have the patience to wait that long. LOL!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #859
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linas View Post
So excited to announce that we will be staying at POR!!! I booked a Royal Room with a Garden View for Sept 11-14.
We will be in a garden view room 9/12 to 9/15 after we get off the 4 night DREAM, then we move over to AKL Kidani for two more nights.
Michele

Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #860
shawnstring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inklight View Post
This thread is awesome! We arrive in POR on Monday for my DHs first WDW trip ever -- WOO HOO! I can't wait to step foot onto POR grounds ... there is so much love in this thread for this resort, I just know we will love it too!

Thank you for all of your advice and tips ... and a special thanks to andrewilley for your great POR Web site (mega info!) and to Venomhatch for your awesome room request suggestions (and template)!

It's been about 13 years since I've been to WDW ... and now my counter says only 4 days!!! I don't think I have the patience to wait that long. LOL!
Woohoo. I'll see ya there. Checking in on Monday as well
Old 06-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #861
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Currently booked at Pofq but not really feeling the rooms under the free dining pin only the royal rooms are left
Has anyone stayed at both and can compare the rooms are they worth paying about 300 dollars more for or should i just stay put?
I've stayed at both, POR last year in a RR because I had a FD PIN in Jan. 2012 and POFQ wasn't available for our week in October and only RRs were. In my opinion, it's not worth it. Unless you have a little kid who's loving princess stuff, the novelty of the RR wears off quickly. I'm not saying the rooms aren't lovely, they are, but not worth the extra bucks. Luckily, I was able to book a room at POFQ with FD for this September.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #862
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawahl

Yes POR decorates. They had a choir at POR singing carols in lobby area. Also check into reserving seats at the Christmas story being told at Epcot. Different movie stars and singers come and read the Christmas story and choirs from high schools across the country sing at the event. Be sure to see the Osbourne's Christmas lights at HS. Amazing! One of the resorts has a life size Gingerbread house. You are going to have such a great time!
Oh my gosh. Now I'm really going to be counting down till I go back. Can't wait to see POR all decorated.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #863
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicajonathan View Post
Oh my gosh. Now I'm really going to be counting down till I go back. Can't wait to see POR all decorated.
Here is POR with decorations from 2010

Here is the EPCOT Candlelight Processional with Blair Underwood narrating, last yr. A must see for us.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #864
Inklight
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnstring View Post
Woohoo. I'll see ya there. Checking in on Monday as well
I will be sure to say HI! to all I meet ... can't wait! Hope you have a great time!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #865
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Here is POR with decorations from 2010

Here is the EPCOT Candlelight Processional with Blair Underwood narrating, last yr. A must see for us.

Thanks for the pics. I will show my family what to look forward to.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #866
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Julie View Post
We will be @ POR Sept. 2-7 (yay) I am traveling with my parents, ages 80 & 78. My mother has hip problems & uses her wheelchair when she has long distances to walk. We would like to have ground floor to avoid too many stairs but thought it might be inappropriate to ask for a wheelchair accessible room since she is not bound to chair and is able to use typical bathroom facilities. We booked a prefered room to cut down on distance to main building. Should we ask for ground floor at check-in, fax a room request, or will online check cover that? Thank You
We will be there Sept 2-8. My hubby is in the same boat with artificial knee and hip. We have gardenview but i phoned in a request for no stairs and as close as possible to bus and main building. Fingers crossed
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #867
Nana Julie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
We will be there Sept 2-8. My hubby is in the same boat with artificial knee and hip. We have gardenview but i phoned in a request for no stairs and as close as possible to bus and main building. Fingers crossed
I don't usually think summer moves slowly but I can hardly wait until Sept. I talked to TA today she said she will call for me. I am not going to sweat it since getting to room is small part of Disney experience, but definitely hoping. Hope you get pixie dusted & have a wonderful anniversary celebration
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #868
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't usually think summer moves slowly but I can hardly wait until Sept. I talked to TA today she said she will call for me. I am not going to sweat it since getting to room is small part of Disney experience, but definitely hoping. Hope you get pixie dusted & have a wonderful anniversary celebration
Yea, I never thought about that. Summer is usually gone in a flash, I can only imagine how it would drag if you had a trip planned in Sept !!!

I am worried this whole year is going to be like that, we booked in Jan for May, and that took forever, my wife has already booked vacation for Next May .... this is going to take forever !!!

Hope you still get to enjoy the summer, I know you will enjoy sept
Old 06-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #869
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be @ POR Sept. 2-7 (yay) I am traveling with my parents, ages 80 & 78. My mother has hip problems & uses her wheelchair when she has long distances to walk. We would like to have ground floor to avoid too many stairs but thought it might be inappropriate to ask for a wheelchair accessible room since she is not bound to chair and is able to use typical bathroom facilities. We booked a prefered room to cut down on distance to main building. Should we ask for ground floor at check-in, fax a room request, or will online check cover that? Thank You
The HA rooms in the various resorts are very different, so yep, if she doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the room, don't request it. What you really want is ground floor, and that's part of the online checkin requests, and of course something you can mention in a fax.

Glad she has the wheelchair, that will keep exhaustion at bay!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #870
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
UGH it is still June! Sept. seems so far away. And thanks for the wishes

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: