Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #826
mamattorney
Earning My Ears

I forgot to mention that we saw a pair of river otters at Riverside on our trip.

I was out in front of our room putting on sunscreen when I saw, through some foliage, what I thought was a black cat walking down the path. All the sudden it disappeared and I wondered what happened to it. I went down the stairs to the path to look briefly for it and saw two otters turn the corner and walk right down the middle of the path, leaving little wet pawprints behind them. They took a rest right in front of the stairs close to our room.

By the time I was able to get the rest of my family outside, they had slipped themselves into one of the creeks and were zipping around playing in the water. It was just such a special surprise to see them.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #827
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Having to call the front desk for every issue is annoying the cleaning staff should speak English.
I highly recommend the "SayHi"translation app. Perfect for situations like that. It virtually eliminates any language barrier.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #828
MikkiMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamattorney View Post
I forgot to mention that we saw a pair of river otters at Riverside on our trip.
We were there 6/1 - 6/8 and we saw them too but just on our first day. Then they disappeared. My son was very concerned about them and was going to ask a cast member if they had been taken away. But he never did ask so he'll be happy to now they are still there. I just wished we had seen them on a day when I had my phone with me so I could take a picture. The first time my son said he saw an otter we thought he was confused and it was just a cat or something. Lo & behold we walked over to where he was and there were 2 otters playing together and having a ball.

MikkiMom
Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #829
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Having to call the front desk for every issue is annoying the cleaning staff should speak English.
If you actually called the front desk, that wasn't going to ultimately get you anywhere. That button leads you to an offsite (possibly out of state) call center, NOT the front desk. If that happens in the future, push the button for Housekeeping and talk to them directly. They NEED to know if one of their employees isn't doing a proper job.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #830
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post

We got a survey about POR after our last vacation. It asked a lot of questions, and I was able to specify each tiny problem we had with our visit. We got feedback afterwards, and they apologized about a few things. It was kinda awesome. It made me feel better.

When we stayed at All Star Movies two years ago, we had several annoyances. We never got a survey, so I contacted Disney direct about it and explained what we experienced. They apologized profusely and wanted more specifics so corrective action could be taken.

And don't take it the wrong way....we're not the "Negative Nancy" complaining type. There were just several things at ASM that ruined Disney Magic for us for a few minutes.
Thanks! I feel the same way. I have had many jobs in which I've been a manager and I would always want to receive feedback in regards to my staff, policies, and facilities. I don't take it as being a negative nancy, I take it as helping work towards others having amazing vacation experiences. I had a lot of specific suggestions regarding the south depot bus stop.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #831
Kevin1281
Earning My Ears

Por > okw

Is it possible to walk from POR to OKW (Olivia's Café)???
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #832
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

LONG Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1281 View Post
Is it possible to walk from POR to OKW (Olivia's Café)???
It would be a very longgggggggggggggggggg walk. You could take the water taxi to downtown disney then take the OKW water taxi back to Olivia's. The only thing is after you get to OKW you'll have to find a way to get back to POR.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #833
georgiesgirl
Earning My Ears

POR to Chef Mickeys?

What is the best way to go from POR to Chef Mickeys? We will be traveling about 7pm. Thanks
Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #834
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesgirl View Post
What is the best way to go from POR to Chef Mickeys? We will be traveling about 7pm. Thanks
Bus to MK, then walk to the Contemporary.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #835
georgiesgirl
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #836
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Bus to MK, then walk to the Contemporary.
How long does it take to walk to the Contemporary, or can you just take the monorail ? I was thinking of doing the same thing ?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #837
Pirate4Ever
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post

How long does it take to walk to the Contemporary, or can you just take the monorail ? I was thinking of doing the same thing ?
It's only a 5-10 minute walk. Much more reliable than walking to the monorail and waiting.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #838
jewelsb
Mouseketeer

After a crazy 3 weeks of being unsure we were going to make our trip, we have decided to go and now we have only 4 days to prepare! Yikes!! Now I feel so completely unprepared! So, one question at a time as I start thinking of them..... First, We have an AOR at Chef Mickey the first night, but I want to pick up our photo pass card before we go to dinner. What is the best route to go? Boat to DTD, then bus to MK & walk to the Contemporary?

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #839
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
You can see pictures of the route here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...around-part-1/

Also, I could be mistaken, but I think that the monorail goes counterclockwise, meaning that if you get on at the MK, the Contemporary is the last stop, so walking would definitely be the more direct route.

Last edited by siskaren; 06-19-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #840
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
After a crazy 3 weeks of being unsure we were going to make our trip, we have decided to go and now we have only 4 days to prepare! Yikes!! Now I feel so completely unprepared! So, one question at a time as I start thinking of them..... First, We have an AOR at Chef Mickey the first night, but I want to pick up our photo pass card before we go to dinner. What is the best route to go? Boat to DTD, then bus to MK & walk to the Contemporary?
There is a photopass desk in the Grand Floridian for sure, and I think in the Polynesian too. There may be one in the Contemporary, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will chime in, because I didn't find it easily on google.

I'm not sure how late it's open, but unless you have other business in DD, it would be quicker to take the bus to MK, take the ferry to either GF or the Poly, and then take the monorail over to the Contemporary.

The photopass desk at the GF is on the second floor, near the doors that lead out to where the monorail stop is.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: