Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #721
rymel76
Earning My Ears

Just did my online check in for 8/13-20. Now I guess its just back to waiting. 60 days left.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #722
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
For all of you mentioning problems with mousekeeping:

I hope you tell the front desk. As soon as possible. Not to get someone in trouble; it may just be a training issue. They can help the person learn to better do their job. Feedback is important for this reason. Mention what they did well and how happy you are, but mention what could have been better or what was missed.
At pofQ I had problems in building seven we had problems with mouse keeping They didn't speak English. Night table was always left pulled out. Never had any towel animals. Didn't keep the room very clean Very disappointed in the mouse keeping I think it's because we stay the last building Number seven because we like the privateness of it.
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #723
twinmom319
Mouseketeer

Just back from a 7 night stay... Thought mouse keeping was great. We always tip daily just cause I hate cleaning up after us and I'm glad someone else is! Got two towel animals. She actually knocked on our door the last day to thank us for the tips!

June 2013 POR - first WDW road trip
January 2010 POR - first trip for the peanut!
April '08 POR
May '07 WL - 1st with twin
May '03 POFQ
Old 06-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #724
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
Well shoot, now I'm crying too! So sweet. That is the best feeling!
It really is! thank you. We are having a great time. Heading out to Epcot for a meal in a few minutes. POR is as beautiful as I remember and I am trying to soak it in!

Missytara - Sorry for the last minute changes to your plan, but you will be here soon! Safe travels!
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 06-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #725
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

just a few notes from POR. Mousekeeping has been great so far! We don't have them come in every day because we don't think it is necessary. I called our first day and asked for extra towels, shampoo & conditioner. They showed up in less than an hour with a large bag of S & C and several towels.

We got a towel alligator on day, it was very cute and my boys were surprised.

Food court has been a little crazy between 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm. it was fine this afternoon though, not crowded at all.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 06-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #726
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
At pofQ I had problems in building seven we had problems with mouse keeping They didn't speak English. Night table was always left pulled out. Never had any towel animals. Didn't keep the room very clean Very disappointed in the mouse keeping I think it's because we stay the last building Number seven because we like the privateness of it.
If you did not tell them at the time, please write and tell them now. Give all the info about your reservation and room, then give as many facts & details as possible.

Thanks!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #727
bdink921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymel76 View Post
Just did my online check in for 8/13-20. Now I guess its just back to waiting. 60 days left.
We will be there on those exact same dates!!!! Getting excited!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #728
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

We're booked for 8/1-8/10 in a garden view!!
We're finally getting to stay at POR!! This will be our last trip with our AP's, it's been a fun year!!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #729
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymel76 View Post
Ohhhh fun. Will do that tomorrow. We check in on 8/13 as well!!!! Staying till the 21st. It will be our first time at POR. So excited!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #730
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I doubt this was due to the remoteness of the building, you should get the same level of service in any building. I assume you reported it to management at the time, as there's not much that can be done about it after the event?

The cleanliness issue is the biggest one, things like lack of towel animals (which are meant to be a nice surprise if you happen to get one) and the housekeeper not speaking English are not really things they can do much about (or don't feel they need to do much about in the latter case).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #731
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Three quick questions about a garden view

1. If i reserve a garden view and request alligator bayou will i automatically not get it because there is 4 in my party?

2. Is building 16 and 17 good building yo request for easy access to the food court and main pool?

3. How long does it take roughly to get from these building to the food court and main pool?

Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 06-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #732
planplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Three quick questions about a garden view

1. If i reserve a garden view and request alligator bayou will i automatically not get it because there is 4 in my party?

2. Is building 16 and 17 good building yo request for easy access to the food court and main pool?

3. How long does it take roughly to get from these building to the food court and main pool?

Thanks
we stayed in garden view 1613 and couldn't have been happier!! A nice short walk to the food court and ole man....just a few step from the quiet pool also. I don't think you could get too much better without paying for pool view or preferred
Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #733
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Quote:
Too bad about your room being dirty. That is never acceptable. Someone should be informed about that problem.

But, why does it matter if your mousekeeping didn't speak English? If you have any problems you can always tell the front desk and the message can be given to your mousekeeping.

I also don't believe towel animals are a requirement. On my last trip we never received any, but the room was always tidy and that's all we required.

Me DH
Old 06-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #734
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz

Are these wristband going to be for all guests when they come out and replace the KTTW cards, or only for those who pay extra? I have been trying to search for more info, but having difficulty.
You can choose one or the other. What info has been made public by Disney is over on the theme parks board.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #735
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You can choose one or the other. What info has been made public by Disney is over on the theme parks board.
Hey, are you posting from there yet, or still using Wi-Fi en route?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: