Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #691
zabache
DIS Veteran

Hey all
We just payed off our balance!! Wohoo!

Now that we have switched from a RR to a Garden view with a murphy bed to accommodate our nieces in the same room with us, which building shall I request?

Corner, close to food or pool, first floor, second floor, near a bus depot?

We have a toddler, a 9 and 10 yr old and 3 adults.

Thanks for the input.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-24, 2014 All Star Sports
Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #692
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
So I am checking in for the last time, before leaving tomorrow night for the big drive from DE.
Have a great time! Hope you get some chill time at the River Roost while you're there.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #693
crazytp93
Let’s Go Mets
I’m a Mets fan Yes, it’s tough
Empire State of Mind

Heading to POR for a quick 3 nighter Saturday. Currently volunteering in Costa Rica last two weeks.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #694
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabache View Post
Hey all
We just payed off our balance!! Wohoo!

Now that we have switched from a RR to a Garden view with a murphy bed to accommodate our nieces in the same room with us, which building shall I request?

Corner, close to food or pool, first floor, second floor, near a bus depot?

We have a toddler, a 9 and 10 yr old and 3 adults.

Thanks for the input.
Buildings 16 and 17 are the closest to the main building without bring preferred. We requested a first floor ( because me kids are stompers and we didn't want to fight the stairs), corner ( two windows made the room seem bigger) in bldg 16 or 17. We got a first floor corner room in 17. Close to a quiet pool. Right in between 2 bus stops. We liked it. Some days it felt like we were walking forever, but not much of a difference between the two to make a big difference.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #695
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post

Buildings 16 and 17 are the closest to the main building without bring preferred. We requested a first floor ( because me kids are stompers and we didn't want to fight the stairs), corner ( two windows made the room seem bigger) in bldg 16 or 17. We got a first floor corner room in 17. Close to a quiet pool. Right in between 2 bus stops. We liked it. Some days it felt like we were walking forever, but not much of a difference between the two to make a big difference.
We too, had a garden room.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #696
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
So I am checking in for the last time, before leaving tomorrow night for the big drive from DE.

I decided to take tomorrow off, to get some last minute things done at home - we also have a wicked storm coming today - and I might have to call a contractor in the morning for some repairs.

We should be arriving something around 10:00 am or so on Saturday. We are rotating two drivers all through the night - on nothing but adrenalin and the fact that after two years of planning - we are on our way.

I hope to bump into a few people - and I cannot wait to see Todd at the lounge. I am sure I will be ready for a glass of wine the first night.

Wishing everyone safe travels that is going to check-in this weekend! Hope to see you there.
Have a safe drive and a magical trip!

2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR

Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #697
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Is the POR using the magic bands at all? Or probably more accurately, when will they be implementing these?
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #698
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaney View Post
Oh eeek! In less than 24 hours we will be checking in for our first visit to POR! 😃
Yay! I hope you have a magical trip!

2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR

Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #699
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post
Do you think it would be ok to check in online and still send a fax with request? I'm really hoping for some major pixie dust and will try and see if the can upgrade us to RR. I would do my online check in with what's on my Reservation right now and ask for the possible upgrade on the fax. Would that work?
Should I just skip online check in all together.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-24, 2014 All Star Sports
Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #700
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Do you think it would be ok to check in online and still send a fax with request? I'm really hoping for some major pixie dust and will try and see if the can upgrade us to RR. I would do my online check in with what's on my Reservation right now and ask for the possible upgrade on the fax. Would that work?
I did both. I even sent my faxed request like 9-10 days out. It was the last day I had a fax machine available before vacation. The RRs don't hold 5 ppl, do they? Only upgrade I can see would be to a preferred building, while closer to main bldg, is farther away from quiet pool.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #701
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you don't mean you're going to ask for a free upgrade. If you want to upgrade to RR, you should expect to pay for it.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #702
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicfam View Post
Is the POR using the magic bands at all? Or probably more accurately, when will they be implementing these?
None of the resorts are using the magic bands and it's unknown when they will be implemented. Some testing is going to be done in a week, but it's only for select people checking in between June 20 and 22 and staying at the Contemporary and AKL.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #703
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

At this very moment, in one week....I will be at POR!!!
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 06-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #704
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Do you think it would be ok to check in online and still send a fax with request? I'm really hoping for some major pixie dust and will try and see if the can upgrade us to RR.
Yes, do your online checkin FIRST though, see all the info in the first FAQ post for details.

If you're looking for a "pixie-dust" upgrade you'd be more likely to get one if don't ask for one. Sure, tell them why you're looking forward to a magical stay with your Disney-obsessed princesses, explain their favourite films/characters - but don't push for freebies, it's harder to make magic for someone coming over as "I want"...

Otherwise, you could always say something along the lines that you were unable to book a Royal Room at the time (if your agent did not have anything for your dates for example) and say that if there happen to be any late cancellations then you'd love to pay for an upgrade if one becomes available.

[Edit: just noticed that you previously downgraded from a RR to a Garden View to fit five in the room - has that changed again, as they won't put you in a RR with more than four people plus an infant?]

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-14-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #705
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The RR don't have a Murphy bed and only hold a max of 4 plus one under 3. Since you have 5 plus one under three, I don't know that they would upgrade you to a RR.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: