Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #451
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz View Post
I have read all he posts on this newly created 2013 thread. We are planning our DD 5th birthday trip for the end of sept 2014. Looking at a royal room since it is "her" trip. We went in 2010 for DS 5th birthday and stayed at ASMov Toy Story. This trip my parents are going as well getting their own room but not a royal room. Do you think it is possible to request us to be on the right side of oak manor and them on the left side of magnolia terrace. Would we even be able to see across to each other? Would this be good if we are on ground floor an the kids could run back and forth between the rooms? Or would second floor and try for corner rooms be better? What I the suggestion out there?? Just waiting for next years rates to be released and will be booking ASAP. Should the above type of request be mentioned when booking? TIA!!!
You can request it, but there is no guarantee that you will be located near each other. All you can do is link your reservations and request to be as close to each other as possible, if that is most important to you.

Once you add more requests like corner room, first floor, etc., you could end up being far apart.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #452
TarrahA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 167

For anyone that has gotten the PIN but were told there was no availability @ POR - I just made my reservation for 9/28-10/05 w/ free dining at POR using the PIN. I had to get garden view or RR, the CM did say there was no standard view available, so I'd suggest calling again & confirming that the CM is looking at all booking categories for you, not just standard. I know it may be a long shot, but worth trying seeing as how inconsistent the CM's are. Hope you all get in one way or another!
TarrahA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #453
TinkerBelleGirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Conowingo, MD
Posts: 5

Oak Manor or Parterre Place?

Hello! I am totally new here (1st post!) although I have been reading and following along with the Port Orleans Riverside thread for days. We have reservations for a Royal Guest Room(garden view) the 1st week in December and are super excited to stay at POR for the very 1st time. Previous stays have all been at the value resorts. My question is: Should we request either Oak Manor or Parterre Place? We will be using a stroller for our daughter and are requesting a ground floor room but other than that we are so excited to just get to stay at this resort I think we will be happy just about anywhere! I had read previously about the noise level of the nightly movies played in the courtyard at Oak Manor but Parterre Place seems to have several rooms that could be a good bit farther away from things. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!
TinkerBelleGirl is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #454
jewelsb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 127

After booking our trip 7 months ago, we are scheduled to leave in just 19 days and sadly, my FIL's health is rapidly deteriorating, therefore we may have to postpone our trip at the last minute. I've read a lot of talk about the resort being at capacity this summer. What are the odds that we will still be able to get a room at POR if we reschedule to a date later this summer? And I'm guessing that we will also lose our 20% summer discount when we postpone? Anything else I should/need to think about in this situation? We're praying for the best, but he obviously comes first. This will be our first Disney trip and my head was spinning trying to get all the details together already, but with this thrown in the mix, I'm really frazzled!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
__________________
DH Me DD-10 DS-8

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

jewelsb is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #455
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
After booking our trip 7 months ago, we are scheduled to leave in just 19 days and sadly, my FIL's health is rapidly deteriorating, therefore we may have to postpone our trip at the last minute. I've read a lot of talk about the resort being at capacity this summer. What are the odds that we will still be able to get a room at POR if we reschedule to a date later this summer? And I'm guessing that we will also lose our 20% summer discount when we postpone? Anything else I should/need to think about in this situation? We're praying for the best, but he obviously comes first. This will be our first Disney trip and my head was spinning trying to get all the details together already, but with this thrown in the mix, I'm really frazzled!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. Disney has an offer for Aug 15 - Sep 28 for up to 25% off POR.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 11

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #456
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelleGirl View Post
Hello! I am totally new here (1st post!) although I have been reading and following along with the Port Orleans Riverside thread for days. We have reservations for a Royal Guest Room(garden view) the 1st week in December and are super excited to stay at POR for the very 1st time. Previous stays have all been at the value resorts. My question is: Should we request either Oak Manor or Parterre Place? We will be using a stroller for our daughter and are requesting a ground floor room but other than that we are so excited to just get to stay at this resort I think we will be happy just about anywhere! I had read previously about the noise level of the nightly movies played in the courtyard at Oak Manor but Parterre Place seems to have several rooms that could be a good bit farther away from things. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!
I would suggest that you word your request in order of preference such as ground floor in a quiet room close to the bridge. This would most likely place you on the side of Parterre closest to the bridge or in Oak Manor hopefully away from the movie screen. Although, I have heard that the movies are not heard in the actual rooms on that side of the building so you might be alright even if you are placed in a room near the movie screen.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 11

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #457
mcever4
DIS Veteran
 
mcever4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokOnHarts View Post
Surprised in a good way to hear that you were happy with building 36 - that looks so far on the map! Did you find it fastest to go through the pool area to the main building from your room or around the river? Also, did you use both the North and South depot or mainly the north? Curious if one was better than the other. Nice to hear a positive review of the "outer" buildings. Sounds like a great trip!
It does look like a long way on the map, but it isn't. We even had a parking lot view, so that made it a little farther. We always walked to the river and over the bridge around the pool area. It is a very nice walk and our 4 year old even walked it without the stroller after being in the parks all day! We always used the North Depot, never South since we weren't over there in the mornings before heading out. Our room didn't feel rustic either like I expected it to. The only thing rustic about it was the log head boards and the wood paneling in the shower. It was a very nice room!!! I can't wait to get back there!

Robin
__________________
ME (43) DH (42) DS (17) DD (5)

mcever4 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #458
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelleGirl View Post
Hello! I am totally new here (1st post!) although I have been reading and following along with the Port Orleans Riverside thread for days. We have reservations for a Royal Guest Room(garden view) the 1st week in December and are super excited to stay at POR for the very 1st time. Previous stays have all been at the value resorts. My question is: Should we request either Oak Manor or Parterre Place? We will be using a stroller for our daughter and are requesting a ground floor room but other than that we are so excited to just get to stay at this resort I think we will be happy just about anywhere! I had read previously about the noise level of the nightly movies played in the courtyard at Oak Manor but Parterre Place seems to have several rooms that could be a good bit farther away from things. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!
Parterre Place can have some of the most remote rooms of the resort, but they are mostly standard. Garden view will get you a little closer.

I have enjoyed Parterre Place on a solo trip; I had riverview before they were RR's. It was ideal for me, because I preferred to be closer to the footbridge that was closest to the marina side because I spent a lot of time at DTD using the resort bus hub.

Before that, Oak Manor was my favorite location and I found most of my rooms to be a very nice location facing the woods and one year I was facing the pool. That was a somewhat noisy location, but still very desirable on a solo trip.

My new fav is now Acadian House.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #459
Dittz
Mouseketeer
 
Dittz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 118

Thank you for the responses. Another question. Planning on DD birthday morning breakfast at 1900 park fare and then an appt at the MK BBB. Even though we will have access to a vehicle, what would be the best way to get to these locations from POR and approximately how long would the travel time be.
__________________
1994 - First ever visit to WDW
2000 - 2nd Trip To WDW (Brothers 1st)
2004 - Honeymoon to Disneyland
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Dittz is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #460
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz View Post
Thank you for the responses. Another question. Planning on DD birthday morning breakfast at 1900 park fare and then an appt at the MK BBB. Even though we will have access to a vehicle, what would be the best way to get to these locations from POR and approximately how long would the travel time be.
Car would be best. Buses do start running at 6:30 am for early morning ADR's, but they don't run as frequently, because the parks aren't open yet. Then you would have to transfer to a bus over to GF from MK.

If you do take the bus, allow at least one hour.

Driving would take about 20 minutes to drive and park at GF for breakfast - they will give you a three hour pass, and then move to the MK lot when done.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #461
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz View Post
Thank you for the responses. Another question. Planning on DD birthday morning breakfast at 1900 park fare and then an appt at the MK BBB. Even though we will have access to a vehicle, what would be the best way to get to these locations from POR and approximately how long would the travel time be.

You can either take the bus to the MK and then transfer via the monorail or ferry or you can drive. If you do drive, it would be better to drive to the TTC and take the monorail to GF and then the monorail/ferry to MK. If you drive to GF, you'll have to move your car and then have to contend with a more crowded parking lot. If you arrive to the TTC early enough, you may end up parking close to the TTC (and be able to walk). You may not even need to use the tram from the parking lot to the TTC.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 11

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #462
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz View Post
Thank you for the responses. Another question. Planning on DD birthday morning breakfast at 1900 park fare and then an appt at the MK BBB. Even though we will have access to a vehicle, what would be the best way to get to these locations from POR and approximately how long would the travel time be.
As PP suggested, you could drive to TTC and leave the car there the whole time. Another option would be to drive to GF. You can do what Missytara said and move the car to the MK lot after, but if you are willing to pay to valet park at the GF, you could leave your car there for the day. Then you can take the monorail to MK, and then take the ferry back to GF to get your car and drive back when you are ready to return to the resort.

FYI, quickest way to from MK to GF is the usually the ferry. Quickest way from GF to MK is usually the monorail. If your ADR is very early, check to be sure the ferry is running if you intend to take the bus to MK instead of drive. They say the ferry runs half hour before park open. We stayed at the Poly two summers ago, and they ran the ferry much earlier than that while we were there.
ChristineOH is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #463
Dittz
Mouseketeer
 
Dittz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 118

Thank you everyone!!! I can't wait until fall 2014!!!
__________________
1994 - First ever visit to WDW
2000 - 2nd Trip To WDW (Brothers 1st)
2004 - Honeymoon to Disneyland
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Dittz is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #464
eaf2063
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Marrero, LA
Posts: 28

Im also new to this thread and the POR. We are surprising the kids with a vacation in late October. We also normally stay at the All Stars. Even though we dont spend a whole lot of time at the resort, the kids always seem to enjoy being there because the decor seems very kid-appealing. Im afraid that they will not enjoy this as much.... I've been racking my brain on wether to just break down and get the 2 rooms or a suite at the all stars and because i have free dining i would then have to upgrade to the Plus Dining Plan... or just stay where i am. Im always ready to create new memories and experiences and have wanted to try a new resort for some time now. When i booked the POR was the best option...Im not real sure what to expect from the new resort. Either way i know well love it just for the fact that it is DISNEY afterall....
Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated...
__________________
eaf2063 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #465
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer
 
CareHeartsDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Im also new to this thread and the POR. We are surprising the kids with a vacation in late October. We also normally stay at the All Stars. Even though we dont spend a whole lot of time at the resort, the kids always seem to enjoy being there because the decor seems very kid-appealing. Im afraid that they will not enjoy this as much.... I've been racking my brain on wether to just break down and get the 2 rooms or a suite at the all stars and because i have free dining i would then have to upgrade to the Plus Dining Plan... or just stay where i am. Im always ready to create new memories and experiences and have wanted to try a new resort for some time now. When i booked the POR was the best option...Im not real sure what to expect from the new resort. Either way i know well love it just for the fact that it is DISNEY afterall....
Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated...
My kids are 13 and 10. Their 1st visit was in 2008 at CSR. In 2011, we stayed at the Poly. In 2012, we stayed in a Cars Suite at AoA and finally in Feb of this year, we stayed at POR. POR was their favorite after Poly. It is such a beautiful resort and it's so peaceful. The kids loved the main pool as well as the quiet pool. I don't think your kids will be disappointed. Plus, like you said if you stay at POR you won't have to pay the difference to upgrade to the Plus Dining Plan.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 14, DS 11

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: