Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #3451
harmon54
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Apparently there is some maintenance work due to be done on the Riverside pool slide, but it will be done "third shift" (i.e. outside of pool operating hours, so it won't impact guests)

Andre
Thanks my kids would be disappointed if they couldn't use the slide and I knew I could get the correct info here!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #3452
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

I don't see any reason why not. I have activated MB and cards without all guests standing there.
So all bands have to be individually activated or is it the account that is activated? Just curious because my DH and son will arrive later. Will their bands work, or do they need to go by the front desk?
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #3453
kevyandcin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1

We just requested a first floor corner room when we did online check in. When I made the reservation online, but called later on and told them I would like the mansion area but did not specify a building or room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you! We have 7 DAYS LEFT! We are so excited. We have Garden view but not Royal Rooms. Right now I have requested bldg 90 Oak Manor, ground floor closest to Food but I think I might change it because I might be too specific. Not sure
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #3454
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

250 and closing

WOW, we are almost to 250 pages AGAIN!!!!!
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 09-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #3455
kevyandcin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1

We just requested a first floor corner room when we did online check in. When I made the reservation online, but called later on and told them I would like the mansion area but did not specify a building or room.

Thank you! We have 7 DAYS LEFT! We are so excited. We have Garden view but not Royal Rooms. Right now I have requested bldg 90 Oak Manor, ground floor closest to Food but I think I might change it because I might be too specific. Not sure yet I think I might mention the room motif cause we definitely dont want the granny flowery bedspread. Just give me Mickey heads & I'm good.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #3456
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Sorry I will be away for a minute will try to get back as soon as possible.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #3457
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyandcin View Post
Thank you! We have 7 DAYS LEFT! We are so excited. We have Garden view but not Royal Rooms. Right now I have requested bldg 90 Oak Manor, ground floor closest to Food but I think I might change it because I might be too specific. Not sure
If you have a regular garden view booked and not a Royal Room then you cannot request Oak Manor Building #90. That entire building and Parterre Place are specifically Royal Rooms which are their own paid category. If you have paid for a regular garden view room and want to be in the mansions, then you'd have to request Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #3458
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
Good Morning!
We leave for POR in 9 days
On 1 of our days we would like to go to Downtown Disney in the morning. I see that the boat does not start running until 10. Does anyone know if POR will have a DD bus before that?
Thank you!
If you have a car there I would just drive. It's only five minutes or less away by car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
We are here now and we paid for a standard room and got a Royal Room with a garden view. I think it may be because they aren't as busy at this time and one was available. We did not ask for it, we did on line check in.

You got some pixie dust when you checked in! Congratulations!!

We are booked for a garden view royal room for our upcoming stay. I'm excited!! We always stay in then AB section so this will be like staying someplace new! I want a room close to the food court and I requested a lower level because I was unsure if they had elevators over there. I know they don't in the AB section.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #3459
Pt0872
Earning My Ears

Hey all...first post but I've been all over this site.

This will be our second trip within 12 months. Last November we stayed at POFQ the week after thanksgiving. We were planning the same week but with the Free dinning plan we bumped it to October. Now the kids will be dressing up and truck or treating at the park.

Originally booked at POP but for an extra $250 we got POR with a royal garden view and dinning so we couldn't beat it, plus we're going a month earlier than planned.

We take 1 vacation a year and I can't wait to go, seems to be taking forever but only 51 days to go.

Myself...DW, DS8 and DD6 are all set to go. Ordered our tickets for mickey Halloween party and have the MB ordered.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #3460
jen23750
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFunaro View Post
Anyone able to book parades or fireworks the last week of october?
The only thing I was able to get was Illuminations on 10/26.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #3461
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I always say what have you got to lose by faxing?

What time are you arriving though, as the downside of having rooms 'blocked out' in advance is that unless they are both empty the night before, it's hard to guarantee in advance when they will be ready for to you occupy. It can sometimes become a choice between getting the best from whatever happens to be available when you arrive (i.e. "Ready Rooms") versus waiting for previously blocked out rooms to become available.

Andre
flight lands at 10:45am..so "late" for when we usually arrive ( 8am and have always had rooms ready but have never made a request). I think my only request will be not having to switch rooms...

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #3462
texnmickey
Earning My Ears

our trip is oct 7-12th. our flight doesn't get in till 630 on the 7th what are the chances of us getting "upgraded" to a royal room just by asking? does this ever happen?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #3463
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

We are going to be planning an extended family trip to POR next August 2014 (15th to 22). The online system is not showing ANY rooms available. They aren't renovating POR next summer are they??? .
Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #3464
LONES
Mouseketeer

scooters

We're planning a trip in January with my parents. For the first time, I think my Dad will be renting a scooter with an off-site company. Our requests in the past have always been... close to main building, connecting rooms, ground floor or near elevator. Last time we were in a ground floor, connecting rooms in the inner courtyard of Magnolia Terrace. I thought it was a pretty good location, but that walk was still pretty brutal for my dad. I made a lot of runs to refill his mug, and get things from the food court for him.

This time, we're thinking my parents might do better with an accessible room (not wheelchair... just the ones with the higher toilet and grab bars). Is that considered a bookable category... or is it just a request like any other random request? Also, we are considering booking preferred location. We didn't last time, out of fear that we would get put on the 2nd floor. As much as distance has been a problem for my dad.... steps are out of the question. If we were to book a preferred room this time, would the fact that he has a scooter guarantee a first floor room? Thanks for any help!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3465
jsw1114
Mouseketeer

We check in next sat the 14, should I fax my requests Monday? We r booked preferred but would like to b closer to food court building 14 would b the ideal place as husband has knee issues. Also what r the crowds like during that week? We stayed last week in September last year and crowds were great till end of week when food and wine started. Another question what r the odds our rooms (2) will b ready by 1ish that Saturday. Thanks!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: