Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #3301
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDisneyDad View Post
Opinions on best RR river view?

POFQ veterans with first Riverside stay 10/2 to 10/12. We are doing a RR room with river view and thanks to Andrews excellent web site, we've checked out the room maps and such, but can anyone share their opinions on which of the two buildings and which rooms, levels may give the best view or be more convenient to main building based on your experiences? Just in case we have options for room requests when we check in I'd like to pick everyone's brain a bit......
We had a 3rd floor Center of building room at Parterre. Beautiful view of gardens, fountain, and river. Easy walk to parking lot, bridge to main buildings, and South depot. We loved the location! My avatar pic is pretty much what the view was like.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #3302
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

I just read another thread that stated he wore a pedometer and averaged 6-10 miles per day.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #3303
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittz View Post
I believe I have read this here, and just want to double check.

We will be staying at POR

Thinking of going to Ohana for breakfast one morning, we will have our own car and would drive ourselves, then wanted to do Magic Kingdom

If we want to leave our van at the poly while we monorail to MK we would have to pay for valet correct, or else we can only park for 3 hours

If this is correct, how much is valet parking??

Thanks everyone. I love this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I think it was $14 or $15 when we did the same at dinner last summer. So worth it.
As of October 2012, valet parking is $15 plus tip. If you choose to not pay for valet parking, you could always park at the TTC and then walk or take the resort monorail over to the Poly.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 09-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #3304
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Ok, I'm a little confused. When I checked for the price difference between garden view and preferred view, on All Ears it states that the garden view rooms have a max occupancy of 4 people. Is that right? If so, that won't help CaraMiaBelle at all.

Do the garden view rooms not have the additional murphy bed in them?
AB rooms have the murphy bed, mansions do not. Both have many, many garden view rooms.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #3305
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Yeah, I guess that's kinda what I'm thinking too. Better a nice view far away, than a parking lot view far away. : ) and I may as well increase my odds!
I have seen that some people were able to get garden view with free dining so I guess that why I started looking at that option.
We could not get garden view free dining at first, but with persistence is happened. So here's pixie dust to you.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #3306
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Just a quick note to say good luck to all the Port Orleans Riverside guests checking in tomorrow... you will be the first Port Orleans guests to get Magic Bands!

And good luck to the cast members too, I suspect it's going to be a busy day!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #3307
PrincessKyleigh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I believe ordering them from amazon would be fine. I have not heard of POR charging anyone for holding anything for a guest about to check in.

Thanks for the kind words also. Not to gain pity or hijack the thread. But My father in law was recently diagnosed with lymph node cancer. So everything has been directed to his chemo treatments and hoping he gets better.
Sorry to hear about this Venom. Your FIL and your family are in my thoughts.

March 2005 Yacht Club November 2005 Yacht Club
December 2006 Poly Novermber 2007 Disney Magic
November 2009 Contemporary July 2010 Poly
July 2011 Contemporary December 2013 POR
Old 09-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #3308
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

6 weeks from tomorrow we check in! So excited!
Still trying to decide if I should try for an AB room or not. My 3rd daughter is 2 (3rd bday towards end if trip ) at check in.
Thinking the mansions would prob suit us fine though. Youngest is sleeping with me and hubby is on an air mattress if he finds it to cramped
If we stay ab we wouldn't need the mattress though.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #3309
mad hatter fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
6 weeks from tomorrow we check in! So excited!
Still trying to decide if I should try for an AB room or not. My 3rd daughter is 2 (3rd bday towards end if trip ) at check in.
Thinking the mansions would prob suit us fine though. Youngest is sleeping with me and hubby is on an air mattress if he finds it to cramped
If we stay ab we wouldn't need the mattress though.
Personally, I would request the Mansions for this trip because for any future trips you could not stay in a Mansion room without paying for two rooms.

DLR July 02 DLR Jan 04 DLR Dec 04 WDW CR Jan 06 DLR Jan 07 WDW POR Jan 08 DLR Dec 08 DLR "Just the Two of Us" Aug 09 DLR just me and DS9 May 09 WDW POR Oct 2010 DLR June 2011 just DH and DD
Disneyland July 2012 DLR Mar 2013 Just DS17 and I POR March 2014
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #3310
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad hatter fan View Post

Personally, I would request the Mansions for this trip because for any future trips you could not stay in a Mansion room without paying for two rooms.
We just walked around the resort and the grounds around the mansions are gorgeous!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #3311
brios86
Mouseketeer

Not sure if someone am answer soon... If I buy an alcoholic beverage from the gift shop, can I sit outside somewhere on a bench and drink it? I guess I could empty it into a mug.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #3312
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Just a quick note to say good luck to all the Port Orleans Riverside guests checking in tomorrow... you will be the first Port Orleans guests to get Magic Bands!

And good luck to the cast members too, I suspect it's going to be a busy day!

Andre
Good luck to anyone checking in for the next 4 weeks. at least. CM's new to the system and Guests with no clue will result in long lines. Pack plenty of patience, please.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #3313
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

November MyMagic+

Today is 60 days out for those checking in on Nov. 1st. I can't wait to hear of the first person reporting that they were able to get Magic Bands and Fastpass+ for November which means that they have extending or continued the trial/roll out.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #3314
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
Not sure if someone am answer soon... If I buy an alcoholic beverage from the gift shop, can I sit outside somewhere on a bench and drink it? I guess I could empty it into a mug.
Well, since they do have a bar at the pool, I don't see why there'd be an issue.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3315
harmon54
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Today is 60 days out for those checking in on Nov. 1st. I can't wait to hear of the first person reporting that they were able to get Magic Bands and Fastpass+ for November which means that they have extending or continued the trial/roll out.
I got them for check in on the 31st but was able to reserve some each day through Nov 7 but they seem to have limited options and I don't know how to get BOG - hope someone else has some experience with this for Nov dates.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: