Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #301
bdink921
DIS Veteran

I need a little help with room requests please. We are 2 families traveling together, a party of 3 and a party of 5. We asked for rooms in the same building. Our reservations are linked. This means we will be in AB, right? We booked standard because preferred was not available. My DH has back issues and the thought of a very long walk to everything in the resort after walking the parks would not be a great thing for him. Any thoughts on where to request a room? I would prefer to not rent a car just to get him to the food court. Thanks for your help!!! Getting excited for this trip!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #302
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

pool party & down by the riverside

One of the reasons we love this resort is because it is such a relaxing change of pace from the parks. I agree with Skyway Guy that kids & adults alike need some time away from the excitement & bustle of the parks and buses. POR was not doing these things when we were there last. I really hope it is not that bad. We can always retreat to a quiet pool though if it is too loud at the main pool. I too see the melt downs and want to avoid that with my family as much as possible. We really enjoy an afternoon cooling off in the pool and then an hour or so in a quiet, cool, dark room to recharge. Then, back to the parks! We leave in 7 days!!! Thanks for all the great discussion on this thread. lots of good questions, answers and support for those of us with a por addiction
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #303
LovingDisny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdink921 View Post
I need a little help with room requests please. We are 2 families traveling together, a party of 3 and a party of 5. We asked for rooms in the same building. Our reservations are linked. This means we will be in AB, right? We booked standard because preferred was not available. My DH has back issues and the thought of a very long walk to everything in the resort after walking the parks would not be a great thing for him. Any thoughts on where to request a room? I would prefer to not rent a car just to get him to the food court. Thanks for your help!!! Getting excited for this trip!!!
I would just make a general request to be as close to the food court as possible. Be sure to mention DH's back issues also so that they know why you need to be close.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #304
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggieboo2 View Post
Anyone have a small child who used this? Would love a review of this since DD 6 will use it. We are excited for our first stay in POR in a month!
My DD's friend stayed there back in August. He was 5.5 yrs old and loved sleeping on it! We also have several friends who have stayed with kids 4-8. They said their kids loved the little bed.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 06-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #305
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
One of the reasons we love this resort is because it is such a relaxing change of pace from the parks. I agree with Skyway Guy that kids & adults alike need some time away from the excitement & bustle of the parks and buses. POR was not doing these things when we were there last. I really hope it is not that bad. We can always retreat to a quiet pool though if it is too loud at the main pool. I too see the melt downs and want to avoid that with my family as much as possible. We really enjoy an afternoon cooling off in the pool and then an hour or so in a quiet, cool, dark room to recharge. Then, back to the parks! We leave in 7 days!!! Thanks for all the great discussion on this thread. lots of good questions, answers and support for those of us with a por addiction
We ate 2 lunches and 3 dinners at the foodcourt and only heard down by the riverside 2 times where they marched with tamborines. One time while we were in line they just played the music, no fanfare. I wouldn't have noticed with all the other noise if my DD hadn't pointed it out. It was not very frequent bc we were there more than an hour each time bc of long waits to get our foor (think 20 mins for a salad with 3 people in line). Maybe we caught it at off times. My parents are very quiet not disney people (think vacation is a celebrity cruise sitting in the quiet shade with a book and classical music, they don't like any announcements, and thought the courtyard movies wereway too loud). I asked them about what they thought of down by the river and they said they barely noticed it other than the kids marching. They found the pool too loud and refused to sit by the main pool bc of all the noise. As I mentioned we also sat in the back by the wheel and gears. They only did it in front by the registers, they did not march the entire restaurant.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #306
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggieboo2 View Post
Anyone have a small child who used this? Would love a review of this since DD 6 will use it. We are excited for our first stay in POR in a month!
My three kids (11, 9, 6) all loved it. The kids rotated who got to sleep there each night.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #307
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Ah, sounds like you've left the best 'til last!

Yes, AB would be a great choice for that woodsy sort of feel, and I'll bet the boys will fight over who gets the murphy bed (depending on their age anyway). I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Andre
Perfect! I've always wanted to stay at POR...once we got to it we then had to decide to stay at Riverside or FQ. Next time we'll stay at FQ! It's great that the access to go to both is pretty easy once you're staying there though.

My boys will be 5 and 2 at the time of the trip so imagine the murphy bed will be quite exciting for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
My DD's friend stayed there back in August. He was 5.5 yrs old and loved sleeping on it! We also have several friends who have stayed with kids 4-8. They said their kids loved the little bed.
It seems like a nice little something extra that seems catered to the younger kids. I can just imagine my oldest son, he'll be 5 when we go, will think it was a special thing just for kids his age and he'll get a kick out of it.
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #308
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggieboo2
Used what; you did not specify what you are referring to.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #309
raider97
DIS Veteran

We arrive on June 8th - 5 more days until we are relaxing by the pool!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #310
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Used what; you did not specify what you are referring to.
The title of their post specified the Murphy bed.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 06-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #311
LovingDisny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
We ate 2 lunches and 3 dinners at the foodcourt and only heard down by the riverside 2 times where they marched with tamborines. One time while we were in line they just played the music, no fanfare. I wouldn't have noticed with all the other noise if my DD hadn't pointed it out. It was not very frequent bc we were there more than an hour each time bc of long waits to get our foor (think 20 mins for a salad with 3 people in line). Maybe we caught it at off times. My parents are very quiet not disney people (think vacation is a celebrity cruise sitting in the quiet shade with a book and classical music, they don't like any announcements, and thought the courtyard movies wereway too loud). I asked them about what they thought of down by the river and they said they barely noticed it other than the kids marching. They found the pool too loud and refused to sit by the main pool bc of all the noise. As I mentioned we also sat in the back by the wheel and gears. They only did it in front by the registers, they did not march the entire restaurant.
thank you for the details!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #312
LovingDisny

falling off the murphy bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
My three kids (11, 9, 6) all loved it. The kids rotated who got to sleep there each night.
My 7 year old is really looking forward to sleeping on the "alligator bed" as he calls it.

Has anyone had an issue with their child falling off of it while sleeping?
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #313
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post

My 7 year old is really looking forward to sleeping on the "alligator bed" as he calls it.

Has anyone had an issue with their child falling off of it while sleeping?
Yes! My 6yo did fall out. He wasn't hurt, and in fact barely remembered it the next day, but after that one night, we had him sleep with on of us in the queen bed. His brother and sister were more than happy to have an extra turn in the Murphy bed. You can ask for a bed rail, and I'm pretty sure I've read it fits on the Murphy bed. My son doesn't fall out of bed ever at home. This bed is a little smaller than a twin, but I think the issue may have been that he was sleeping so soundly from the long day.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #314
brian95
Mouseketeer

we were afraid of one of the kids falling out too so we just put some of the extra pillows on the floor just in case but no one fell. we did have to ask for a blanket though because there aren't any for that bed just a sheet
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #315
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Murphy Bed

Hello all,

I booked POR for the middle of July. I was going to request an Aligator Bayou room with a Murphy bed so we could have an extra bed and my teenage son and teenage daughter wouldn't have to share a bed (or, more realistically my husband and I wouldn't have to sleep with one of our kids each)

My daughter is 5'4" and very slender. She usually sleeps in a semi-fetal position. I know the Murphy bed is only 5'3" x 30". If possible, I'd like thoughts from anyone with a similar situation to ours and experience with trying to make the Murphy bed work as an extra bed for a smallish teen.

If this just isn't going to work, will POR allow me to bring a single size air mattress for her to sleep on?

Thanks for any insight!

Ft. Wilderness April 2015 Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: