Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #3016
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

I want to apologize ahead of time for these questions, I am sure they have been answered before. Just way to many posts to read them all. I did go on the MB info thread but it was closed. So I'm going to ask here.

1. Will the testing phase for the MB still be going on Oct 18th - 23rd?

2. Can we still do FP+ and FP?

3. I ordered the Photopass+ and should receive it this week. (I assume it is
the card with lanyard). Can they link it to my MB?

4. If they link it, Will it just be my band or on all who are traveling with me?

5. Can the PP+ card be used also with the MB?

Again sorry for all the questions. I am planning this with another couple and want to get all my questions answered before I give them any info.

Any help would be GREAT!!
THANK YOU!!!
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
Old 08-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #3017
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
I want to apologize ahead of time for these questions, I am sure they have been answered before. Just way to many posts to read them all. I did go on the MB info thread but it was closed. So I'm going to ask here.

1. Will the testing phase for the MB still be going on Oct 18th - 23rd?

2. Can we still do FP+ and FP?

3. I ordered the Photopass+ and should receive it this week. (I assume it is
the card with lanyard). Can they link it to my MB?

4. If they link it, Will it just be my band or on all who are traveling with me?

5. Can the PP+ card be used also with the MB?

Again sorry for all the questions. I am planning this with another couple and want to get all my questions answered before I give them any info.

Any help would be GREAT!!
THANK YOU!!!
Yes for MB testing. The Photopass comes with a voucher you exchange in Disney for the card and lanyard. Not sure about linking it to the MB though.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #3018
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnyless in Seattle View Post

We have her in my parents' room because there are only two of them. If they don't end up going, though, we have to book two rooms just for her one tiny little body that could still easily fit in a pack'n'play. I understand that it's because of fire codes, but I wish there was just a smidge of wiggle room for little ones. I suppose that's why they use the phrase "fire codes" though and not "fire suggestions"... haha...

And thank you so much for this idea... We will definitely try it. So glad it worked out for you! POR looks like a beautiful resort, and it's one we haven't tried yet. Here's to hoping!
I hope your parents go. Better yet hopefully you get into POR. POR will be our resort from now on until my youngest can 't fit in the pull down bed! She is still sleeping with us yet though
Old 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #3019
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
Last word we heard from Andre, if I understood correctly, is that the testing will just become the roll out as they add more resorts. In other words, POR should continue using magic bands permanently, unless of course there are issues with the system.

I think he also said POFQ would be added in a month or two.
Ummm, you should of read the quote first. I was asking about the DTD ME pick-up test.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #3020
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
I hope your parents go. Better yet hopefully you get into POR. POR will be our resort from now on until my youngest can 't fit in the pull down bed! She is still sleeping with us yet though

Thanks. It really is a great set up they've got over there. It'll all work out in the end, one way or another!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #3021
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

OK, I've now finished the full versions of 12 new Panorama images (11 around Riverside, one of the new FQ Lobby). The last couple took a bit of work!

Rather than me posting 48 separate links for the Flash/Quicktime/Standard/HQ files here, please see www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php where they are all available for downloading or viewing (they are marked as NEW so you can find them easily). I'll add them to the live preview pages tomorrow or Monday.

I've still got one left to do (Royal Room with the new-style portrait photos) but it's fighting me at the moment.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 08-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #3022
DisneyCayley
Earning My Ears

We check-in 10/23 & I have been able to customize our MagicBands and make FP+ selections. I cannot seem to make a Be Our Guest FP+ though. I enter our MB confirmation # and it allows me to choose days we are there (10/23-10/30) but no matter which day I choose, it says nothing is available. Am I doing something wrong? Love this thread, thank you!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #3023
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCayley View Post
We check-in 10/23 & I have been able to customize our MagicBands and make FP+ selections. I cannot seem to make a Be Our Guest FP+ though. I enter our MB confirmation # and it allows me to choose days we are there (10/23-10/30) but no matter which day I choose, it says nothing is available. Am I doing something wrong? Love this thread, thank you!!!
Nothing wrong, October not available yet to anyone for BOG.

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 08-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #3024
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftysplat View Post
I am curious to know when the recreation schedule for September 2013 will be posted for POR.
September recreation activities schedules are now up at http://www.portorleans.org/recreatio...s-schedule.php. I'll post copies here tomorrow.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #3025
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post

I was thinking about doing FP+ for fantasmic, & & BOG lunch, but does that mean I am stuck with FP+ for everything? I don't want to use it for the rides.
I would totally use it for the extra rides. Toy Story Mania is tough to get a good return time except when you go early. Maybe Soarin'. Splash.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #3026
KarenMac72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
Hi All,

, I just booked a mommy and me 5th birthday extravaganza weekend in a RGR. I am so excited, and unsure of how to keep this secret until January. So... Tips, tricks, thoughts on special touches? This is our first time saying at POR so I am all ears
We jut got back from a 5th bday trip. Let the resort know it's his/her bday. On my daughter's bday, she got a,voice mail from Mickey and Minnie wishing a happy birthday. For every ADR I made, I clicked bday celebration, so she got a cupcake and a card from the characters. She loved all the attention. Is your child a girl? My parents paid for my daughter to go to the Bippity Boppity Boutique and she absolutely loved it. I asked her today what was the best part of her trip and she said getting her hair done and walking around the MK like a princess! She got it done on Tuesday and we just took it out today, Saturday, so it does last!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #3027
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I love the panoramas, they are amazing! I just have one problam, I can click on the links in your posts here on the Dis and the video/panorama will open in a new tab, but when I go to your website all of the links want me to download first. What is different about the links?

Thanks again for posting all the pics and running the website.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #3028
Jen414
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Any info on whether they will continue test into Nov. for POR guests. Our final lunch is at Raglan Rd. and this would be perfect.
It sounded like it's here only this month for POR and then they may start to add other resorts very slowly based on luggage storage available at DD. I think that is the big sticking point.
CSR July 2007
OKW August 2008
CBR August 2009
POR August 2010
CSR August 2011
POR August 2013
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #3029
DisneyCayley
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend

Nothing wrong, October not available yet to anyone for BOG.
Thank you!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #3030
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Ummm, you should of read the quote first. I was asking about the DTD ME pick-up test.
I apologize. Read it wrong and gave the wrong info. Glad to see Andre answered your question.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: