Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #2896
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post

Now, DD13's coach is a wheelchair. She can walk for about 20 minutes but there is no way she can visit the parks for 8 long days walking all of it... and coming back! So, I'm reading everything I can (and André posted.....) to know where to go. I'd like AB, but with her Autism, (she is "blessed" with 7 diagnosis), first floor is difficult just in case there is a party upstair and thumping on her head. So we need top floor. And AB doesn't have elevators. I, personnally would prefer Oak or Magnolia but it's far from the bus and we still get people upset when we have to board a full bus at the last station and they have to move for the wheelchair. (I know and have asked few commenting people to exchange their waiting time for the wheelchair, but we still get those comments from time to time.) So, I will keep reading in case all those questions and concerns are answered, but if you have suggestions, they will be more than appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your community,

And please realise that English is my second language, so please forgive the spelling mistakes,

Poussière de fée!
Bless your family! I am pretty sure the two you named have elevators, Disney is usually very accomodating for special needs and if you fax them your situation, even call in to the reservation line saying just what you said here, it would help...then back it up with a fax.

It is hard, really horrifying, to imagine your family receiving any negative fallout on a bus or other instance...Believe me, there are people like me that if we see that happening we defend and inform!

Hope you all have a joyous time, you will love the cruise!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #2897
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
All rooms are adjoining, do you mean connecting (i.e. with an internal doorway)? If so, then about 50% of rooms have connecting doors, and yes you still get the pull-down bed (the door is on the opposite wall, beside the queen beds).

I've heard the same, FP+ are now available beyond that original 28th Sept cut-off date and can be booked into mid-October now. I heard that Magic Kingdom on 30th Sept was a problem, but the tech teams are aware of that and are working to fix it.

Andre
HMM, is that just for checkins in Sept? We check in October 8, but can't see anything.

Me DH DS10 DD8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #2898
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post

I have linked my e tickets of MNSSHP to MDE. I did it with linking tickets and the long number under the barcode. We now have both a ticket on our MDE. I think it will be also on our magic bands. I bring my e-ticket with me for reserve.
Thank u - will do that today or try to
Old 08-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #2899
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Do we have any idea if the fridge situation will be fully resolved by October 27th? It's when we arrive and I'd really prefer to have one (like many others). But, we usually buy things to snack on that need to be refrigerated...like cupcakes

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #2900
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

One more...or two things...

Our group will be at two different resorts (both slated for FP+) POR & POP...can we link our res and choose the same FP+ even though it's separate resorts? And if the others don't show up for the time...because they like to take their time getting up and around etc...can my 5 use at least ours still? In other words, am I better off not including them?

And, if the dates come available to book before we are PIF (not really sure when it happens), can we book or do we need to be PIF? Will they even offer before we are PIF?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #2901
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Do we have any idea if the fridge situation will be fully resolved by October 27th?
No, we don't. The best I can offer currently is that the expectation is that it will be fully resolved by "early November", but whether that date may move a bit is anyone's guess.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #2902
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Just wondering if any one knows what the refrigerator situation is. I was also wondering what the situation will be if I don't get a refrigerator and I did request one is there currently a credit being offered
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Old 08-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #2903
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, we don't. The best I can offer currently is that the expectation is that it will be fully resolved by "early November", but whether that date may move a bit is anyone's guess.

Andre
Thanks...hoping for the best! Any suggestions for what to do in place if we don't have one?

Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #2904
KarenMac72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardy View Post
I need opinions for room requests. We are staying in a RR. And I was just curious which building people like better. Oak or Panterre ( don't know if that is spelled correctly). I know I would like near the pool, we have std view. Thanks for all the info thus thread has helped planning.
We just got back last night. Stayed in room 9051, standard view royal room. It was a fantastic location in my opinion. We were close to the quiet pool and the East depot. It also wasn't far from the south depot. The only downside was there was no fridge. We did get a credit and kept our perishables in the Luggage Room.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #2905
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMac72 View Post
We just got back last night. Stayed in room 9051, standard view royal room. It was a fantastic location in my opinion. We were close to the quiet pool and the East depot. It also wasn't far from the south depot. The only downside was there was no fridge. We did get a credit and kept our perishables in the Luggage Room.
What was the credit? I think I've read that some folks have received $15/night, but that you have to request it. Was that your experience?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #2906
danetter
DIS Veteran

Does both the Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bends rooms have ceiling fans?

TIA

1986 - offsite, 1990 - offsite, Oct. 2008 - All Star Music,
Sept/Oct. 2009 - Pop Century, Sept. 2010 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2012 - All Star Music, Sept. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 08-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #2907
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Are RFID locks installed at POR and POFQ?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #2908
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetter View Post
Does both the Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bends rooms have ceiling fans?
Yes, but not the Royal Rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAITHEL View Post
Are RFID locks installed at POR and POFQ?
Yes, the whole of Walt Disney World has them.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #2909
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Another couple of panoramas:

Oak Manor fountain: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...83-pano360.swf

POR Lobby, complete after refurb: http://www.portorleans.org/images/pa...51-pano360.swf

I've completed all of the variants, plus HQ versions, of 11 panoramas now, and I'll link them all up tomorrow (just add "_HQ", or use the .mov extension, with the above filenames in the meantime).

Andre

Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #2910
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

I am in - finished my POR FP+ and now need to be sure they fit in with my schedule before I go changing things!

Thanks everyone for your information and sharing!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: