Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #2866
nat1234
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
How did you know they won't ship to Canada. Did you call.
Then we have to wait too. Because we live in the Netherlands. I don't mind as long as we get them.
I read on the Canadian boards that people were having to wait until they got to their resort. Then I read on the Disney website that at this point in time, they aren't shipping internationally yet. Since we're so close, I always forget that to them Canada is international. I have to admit that I'm a little excited to be part of the testing. Have a great time on your vacation.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #2867
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw1114 View Post
We r staying 9/14-9/21 we have two reservations for preferred. Approx how many rooms r adjoining? Do the still have the pull down beds in them?
All rooms are adjoining, do you mean connecting (i.e. with an internal doorway)? If so, then about 50% of rooms have connecting doors, and yes you still get the pull-down bed (the door is on the opposite wall, beside the queen beds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLaf View Post
We able to make our FP+ selections for our stay 9/28 - 10/12 tonight. The only day we had any difficulty with was 9/29 - there was nothing open at AK. Magic Bands should be shipping on 8/28!
I've heard the same, FP+ are now available beyond that original 28th Sept cut-off date and can be booked into mid-October now. I heard that Magic Kingdom on 30th Sept was a problem, but the tech teams are aware of that and are working to fix it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #2868
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I've heard the same, FP+ are now available beyond that original 28th Sept cut-off date and can be booked into mid-October now. I heard that Magic Kingdom on 30th Sept was a problem, but the tech teams are aware of that and are working to fix it.

Andre
Most excellent. Do you think the opportunity to assign FP+ times will forever be limited to 60 days before arrival, or will they eventually be able to be picked much earlier, like ADRs?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #2869
DisneyAndrew
Earning My Ears

I got the e-mail about my Magic Bands being shipped this morning. I tried to track it, but it said the tracking wasn't available yet.

FYI, I have been in contact with my TA about the FastPass+ and Magic Band situation since the beginning. She said that most, if not all of the information she has received regarding these programs is through her clients. So, I have been trying to provide her with copies of the e-mails I get from Disney, etc. so that she can help her other clients whose trips are coming up.

If any of you are using a TA for your trip, they may be in the same situation. I would recommend passing any information you have along to them so that they can pass it along to the other clients.

16 days and I can hardly wait!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #2870
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

We're 30 days out from our first ever POR stay! So excited!!!! We have reserved all of our ADR's, lunch FP for BOG and Wishes Desert party! So far everything is looking great! The only thing I am now looking for is a FP for Fantasmic. Has anyone heard any news on this?? We need it for a Wednesday night.....any hope this is going to happen? One thing I have learned through all of this planning is......you can't figure out what Disney is thinking??? They make the planning very challenging!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #2871
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndrew View Post
I got the e-mail about my Magic Bands being shipped this morning. I tried to track it, but it said the tracking wasn't available yet.

FYI, I have been in contact with my TA about the FastPass+ and Magic Band situation since the beginning. She said that most, if not all of the information she has received regarding these programs is through her clients. So, I have been trying to provide her with copies of the e-mails I get from Disney, etc. so that she can help her other clients whose trips are coming up.

If any of you are using a TA for your trip, they may be in the same situation. I would recommend passing any information you have along to them so that they can pass it along to the other clients.

16 days and I can hardly wait!
My TA had no clue about magic bands being offered for my dates until I showed her the picture of my bands I received! She said I'm her first client to get them! She's waiting patiently for my trip to hear how they worked so she can let other clients know.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #2872
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
We're 30 days out from our first ever POR stay! So excited!!!! We have reserved all of our ADR's, lunch FP for BOG and Wishes Desert party! So far everything is looking great! The only thing I am now looking for is a FP for Fantasmic. Has anyone heard any news on this?? We need it for a Wednesday night.....any hope this is going to happen? One thing I have learned through all of this planning is......you can't figure out what Disney is thinking??? They make the planning very challenging!
That was the one thing I am looking for, too!

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #2873
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Us too 30 days Woohoo! I'm waiting for wishes fp a cm told me they aren't finished loading everything for late Sept so I'm hoping they will be added later

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #2874
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post

That was the one thing I am looking for, too!
I was able to book Fantasmic for a Tuesday (9/24), so keep trying! Did you get a FP+ for the Wishes dessert party or just for the fireworks?? Sounds interesting.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #2875
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
I was able to book Fantasmic for a Tuesday (9/24), so keep trying! Did you get a FP+ for the Wishes dessert party or just for the fireworks?? Sounds interesting.
I booked the Wishes Dessert party...that was not a FP...that was obsessing in a crazy way every day waiting for it to open since Disney does not clue you in as to when it will open! Disney knows how to keep us all a little nutty! How did you book Fantasmic??? I have yet to see it on the "fast pass" list for HS.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #2876
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I booked the Wishes Dessert party...that was not a FP...that was obsessing in a crazy way every day waiting for it to open since Disney does not clue you in as to when it will open! Disney knows how to keep us all a little nutty! How did you book Fantasmic??? I have yet to see it on the "fast pass" list for HS.
LOL! Gotcha. I checked several times everyday and FINALLY yesterday both Illuminations (on the weekend) and Fantasmic both appeared as FP+ options. So, just keep trying. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #2877
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
LOL! Gotcha. I checked several times everyday and FINALLY yesterday both Illuminations (on the weekend) and Fantasmic both appeared as FP+ options. So, just keep trying. Good luck!
That is completely CRAZY! Oh well, it gives me something new to obsess over for the next 30 days!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #2878
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
you can't figure out what Disney is thinking??? They make the planning very challenging!
That's why they are being very clear that this is still a test at the moment. You are not obliged to use any of it - but if you do decide to use it you need to expect a few glitches. Just like if you agree to try out a beta-test piece of software, the whole point is to help iron out the last few problems before a full public launch.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 08-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #2879
STITCH826
Mouseketeer

I customized our bands on Tuesday night. I received an email today. I clicked on the tracking number, and they're coming today UPS!! So exciting! Btw, our TA just got home this past Saturday, and was not part of the testing. He said he's so jealous. He asked me to keep him posted, which I will!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #2880
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
That's why they are being very clear that this is still a test at the moment. You are not obliged to use any of it - but if you do decide to use it you need to expect a few gitches.

Andre
I totally understand the glitches! I am having a blast planning all of this stuff...agonizing over our FP choices, ADR's etc. But WDW also has a method to their madness! They love to keep us guessing...Wishes Dessert party is a perfect example! Every month it is a frenzy on this board with people trying to figure out when they will release the ressies! I'm convinced the crazier they make us...the more money we are willing to spend ! LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: