Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #271
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

I buy the pods from coffeerocket online...when I have an upcoming trip I just add them to my regular k-cup order. I find the prices a little bit better than amazon even with shipping, and I get them next day. They have a donut shop variety of the pods that is MUCH better than the ones they give you in the room.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #272
jkl2000
Earning My Ears

Oh, they use K-Cups in the rooms? Excellent, time to start stocking up on them from work...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #273
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

I don't think they are K-cups. She orders the ones for the resort when she orders her K-cups. Can someone else verify this?
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #274
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Pods, not kcups. Different thing.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #275
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Talking

We leave for POR early tomorrow morning, and just wanted to thank you all, but especially Andre and Venom for all their terrific information. You helped so much!! Thank you!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #276
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
I don't think they are K-cups. She orders the ones for the resort when she orders her K-cups. Can someone else verify this?
that's right.....I order the pods for vacation along with my regular k-cup order so I don't have to pay shipping twice....sorry for the confusion

Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #277
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
Oh, one more note, in case any POR staff or managers are reading this: Every hour on the hour they blare out a Down By the Riverside announcement and attempt to get children to grab tambourines and march around the dining hall. THIS ISN'T WORKING! It was extremely annoying and no one was really into it. It just added noise and confusion to an already noising and confusing meal. It interrupts conversation. It made it that much harder to get your food and eat. They do this every hour on the hour throughout the day. Drove me nuts. Please: Children are over-stimulated already at Disney. Give us relative quiet while eating and save the tambourine parade for people masochistic enough to eat at Ohanas'. (Rant Over).
I strongly agree with this portion of your review. The "Down by the Riverside" thing has got to go! It is most annoying, and was the only thing we really disliked about our POR stay.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #278
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
I strongly agree with this portion of your review. The "Down by the Riverside" thing has got to go! It is most annoying, and was the only thing we really disliked about our POR stay.
I rather like the tune itself, but not at the volume and repetitiveness of the way they play it in the food court.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #279
sktjcox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
just wanted to thank everyone for all the advise we just got back from 5 nights at por couldn't have been better so here's a little report.
we arrived about 1pm we had done online ckeckin a cm was right there to check us in it took about 5minutes. our room wasn't ready until about 3 they sent us a text.we were in ab bld 14 second floor which was exactly what we requested with a fax. the room was spotless all week long mouskeeping made a few towel animals the girls loved them.we went to the main pool once the quit pool once the main pool was nice but a little crazy.we ate at the food court 2 nights it was ok about what I expected but we didn't go to Disney to eat at gormet food. I was worried about the busses but I was pleasantly surprised we never had much of a wait at the south depot.one morning we were the only people on a bus to mk.other times we were crammed in like sardines,but we always got on . the cms were all really helpful and friendly.the girls loved that they always called them princess.all in all it was a great trip and we will be staying there again.if anyone has any questions feel free to ask
No, so glad to hear you had a great time! We booked a river ire for our trip, and I was wondering how noisy building 14 is? Is there a lot of foot traffic? Since riverview books as a separate category we might request 14, but I heard the busy area can be a downside? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #280
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebec View Post
We are going next June. We stayed at POR June 2011. We loved it. I was throwing around the idea of trying Beach Club, but have decided to stick with POR. We will be able to stay days longer at POR and I know we love it. My fear is paying more money somewhere else and wishing we were at POR the whole time. We are a family of 5, so we will be in the AB. We really loved the AB last time. I think I will book preferred. I thought about booking river view and requesting 14 or 27, but not sure.

For anyone who has been in 38, how long of a walk is it to the food court?
We are checking out today :-( from building 38. It is less than a five minute walk. We booked river view, and I will probably request the same building next year. It is still pretty close to the main pool and building, but still close to a quiet pool and laundry. We had the choice of a short walk to North Depot or South Depot for buses. We always used North Depot when leaving and got off at which ever stop came first when returning. If you are in a preferred building with river view, I am sure it is great to be a little closer to the main building, but we liked being more in the center with more options.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #281
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Totally specific question, but does anyone know if they sell bottles of cold coffee creamer (Coffeemate, International Delight, etc...) in the store at POR? I know I've seen pictures of the food section, but I can't recall what I saw in the refrigerated cases. I think I'm going to buy some of the coffee pods suggested earlier, but I want to have cold/liquid creamer. That powder stuff they give you makes me Ha! It would be nice not to have to stop somewhere else to get it if I can get it at POR. Thanks!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #282
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN

See maybe it depends on the age of your kids. We always sat in the back by the waterwheel. It wasn't as loud back there. My girls enjoyed it and they gave them mickey straws afterwards. Friends who havr stayed there with kids under 10 have enjoyed it to. Maybe they could just parade the kids minus the tamborine.

The thing we could have done without was the DJ and games. That was loud and annoying. We could hear it from oak manor (outside not in the room). My older DD doesn't like loud noises and while she loved the main pool and as slide said the noise was too loud. Would be nice to have either some fun park music or themed to POR. Also wenever saw more than 3-5 people if any participating.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 06-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #283
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Totally specific question, but does anyone know if they sell bottles of cold coffee creamer (Coffeemate, International Delight, etc...) in the store at POR? I know I've seen pictures of the food section, but I can't recall what I saw in the refrigerated cases. I think I'm going to buy some of the coffee pods suggested earlier, but I want to have cold/liquid creamer. That powder stuff they give you makes me Ha! It would be nice not to have to stop somewhere else to get it if I can get it at POR. Thanks!!
I don't remember seeing either one sold anywhere on property--I absolutely HAVE to have my International Delight French Vanilla. If I don't have a rental car I get it delivered to the resort with my Garden Grocer order.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #284
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
See maybe it depends on the age of your kids. We always sat in the back by the waterwheel. It wasn't as loud back there. My girls enjoyed it and they gave them mickey straws afterwards. Friends who havr stayed there with kids under 10 have enjoyed it to. Maybe they could just parade the kids minus the tamborine.

The thing we could have done without was the DJ and games. That was loud and annoying. We could hear it from oak manor (outside not in the room). My older DD doesn't like loud noises and while she loved the main pool and as slide said the noise was too loud. Would be nice to have either some fun park music or themed to POR. Also wenever saw more than 3-5 people if any participating.
We also sat by the water wheel and it wasn't loud at all. MY DS (age 7) also really enjoyed the Down by the Riverside song as did Mom and Dad. It added to the festive atmosphere of being in Disney! We ate in the food court A LOT and only heard the song maybe 2 or 3 times and only once did they parade.

Must depend on time of day and year because when we were at the pool there were a good 20 kids participating in games and activities. We were always on the slide or by the dumping water which drowned out some of the noise.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #285
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

I guess it is all about timing. We were at POR 2 weeks ago and only heard the Riverside song once. About the pool, we always sat on the outer edge, along the bushes, in the shade as much as possible, and thought the music and games were fine. In fact our kids, ages 18 and 20, would play along from there!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: