Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #2821
gterin1524
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post

I'm only guessing here disneymania................Since I would think the majority of folks pay their packages off near or on the 45 day mark, and Disney offers online check-in at 60 days out, one would assume this is a common place issue.

I to will be playing my balance off very close to my 45 day mark.Probably one day before it actually

So, maybe someone who has dealt with this will chime in for us
Yes you can check in and still have a balance, I did it just a few weeks ago.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #2822
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

I'm really confused We arrive at POR on 9/15 - 9/27. We can make fastpass + picks, but we cannot do magic bands. I've read that you need to do the online check-in, but I do have some requests and plan to fax POR 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival. So I don't want to do the online check in because I really need to get a first floor room (my son has autism and he jumps a lot when he has sensory processing problems). We could not get preferred rooms but I really need to try to get as close to the main building as possible (maybe building 16 or 17) because my son will not go to the food court, so when we eat at the resort I take food back to the room.

Will we be able to get the magic bands even if we don't do online check-in? Or can we do online check in and still fax our requests??????
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #2823
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
I'm really confused We arrive at POR on 9/15 - 9/27. We can make fastpass + picks, but we cannot do magic bands. I've read that you need to do the online check-in, but I do have some requests and plan to fax POR 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival. So I don't want to do the online check in because I really need to get a first floor room (my son has autism and he jumps a lot when he has sensory processing problems). We could not get preferred rooms but I really need to try to get as close to the main building as possible (maybe building 16 or 17) because my son will not go to the food court, so when we eat at the resort I take food back to the room.

Will we be able to get the magic bands even if we don't do online check-in? Or can we do online check in and still fax our requests??????
One of the options in online check-in is first floor, other than that its what time do you think you will be checking in and what credit card do you want to put on file. Pretty harmless really especially because it seems to make the magic band option appear almost immediately lol
Feb 2015 WBC

Me DH DD DS DS

Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #2824
acceber32
Mouseketeer

Yay! We are getting to join the POR love now! We originally had POR booked then FD came out and we switched to CBR bc POR did not have availability. We finally found a GD view room this weekend and switched our ressie. We've stayed at POR once and loved it. Can't wait to go back (we'll be there Dec. 12-22). Hoping Magic Bands will still be there and that we can do Fastpass +!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #2825
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Dang, safari won't open the panoramas!
I know! Annoying, right?!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2826
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post

I did NOT do online check in for POR but DID get the MB ability to customize and yesterday it said I had 7 days to finish.

I am not planning on doing online check in because I want to see if I can get the same room for both my check in (first 9/26-10/4)(second 10/4-10/6). and if I have to stand in line to do it because of our plans for 10/4. So I knew right off the bat that I would be talking to a CM at check in. We did (through travel agent) request a specific building but that is about it for us.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #2827
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post

For my reservation back in February, my TA put in requests. I also did online check in and I sent a fax 5 days in advance. I got all my requests and I didn't have to wait for my package since it was all ready with the online check-in.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #2828
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

DTD ME Bus Pick-up

I know it's all Magic Bands now, but did anyone try the trial bus pickup at DTD for PO guests. Would love to hear a report. Does anyone know if they will continue this? It fits our schedule perfectly.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #2829
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Checked into POR Sunday 8/18. I had called the special needs line to request a fridge for my DH who is diabetic. Our room had a working fridge- in the mansions section- it was in the cabinet so I don't think it was a medical fridge.

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #2830
***tink386
Love All Things Disney!!

I haven't checked in on line yet and I was just able to customize our bands!!! Port Orleans here we come 9/18 - 9/27. Yay!!!!!

2003 WDW 2004 DL 2005 WDW & DIS Cruise 2006 WDW & New York City
2007 DL 2008 WDW 2010 DL 2011 WDW
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #2831
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Leaving for POR in 14 days and received our magic bands yesterday. YYYAAAHHHOOOOOO

Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #2832
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post

I'd just tell them I'm checking in at 4PM. It won't matter if you're there early, but it's more important to have them think you can wait for your requested room.
When I did online check in I was able to make my two room requests (corner room, bottom floor, etc). When I was done and checked that I wanted notification that my room was ready it asked if I was willing to wait for room to be available that met my requests, or if I would rather have my room available early in the day (I can't remember exact wording but that was the gist of it). I chose the option to wait for room if not available at check in so I had a better chance of getting what I wanted.

June 1998 Disneymoon at CBR, Sept 2000 ASMu, Aug 2005 ASMu, Sept 2007 Pop, Sept 2008 ASMo, Sept 2009 Pop, Oct 2010 Pop, Mar 2012 Disneyland, Oct 2011 Pop, Dec 2011 CBR, Mar 2012 ASMu, Oct 2012 ASSp, Oct 2013 POR, June 2014 Disney Dream, Oct 2014 Disneyland
Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #2833
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

I know! Annoying, right?!
Yes!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2834
DisneyAndrew
Earning My Ears

I read about all of these people who already got their Magic Bands and I'm starting to get jealous.

I check in on 9/7 and mine still says that they are being customized and will ship soon. I customized them last Thursday. It seems odd that other people that customized them last Thursday and Friday that aren't checking in until 9/15 or later have already received theirs. Anybody else checking in on or around 9/7 receive their bands yet?

I'm now worried, just trying to figure out the process. That's probably a waste of time..haha
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #2835
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acceber32
Yay! We are getting to join the POR love now! We originally had POR booked then FD came out and we switched to CBR bc POR did not have availability. We finally found a GD view room this weekend and switched our ressie. We've stayed at POR once and loved it. Can't wait to go back (we'll be there Dec. 12-22). Hoping Magic Bands will still be there and that we can do Fastpass +!
We did the same thing! We changed from POFQ back to POR on Monday AND (drum roll please) we already got our Magic Bands today!!!

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: