Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #2806
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

To those arriving in October or November, have you had any luck in A) selecting FP+ times, or B) customizing magic bands?

We arrive in November, and when I click on FP+ under MDE, I receive an error message that says: We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

Again, I know not to worry until after I get my email/letter of invitation to FP+, but am just curious as to what other Oct.-Dec. travelers are experiencing.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #2807
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

My magic bands arrived today! 29 more days until we leave! Just waiting on magical express tags and then we are complete with everything we need to do!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #2808
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Ah Andre - your pictures make me smile, and sigh...wishing I was already there!

Just love them! Thank you so much for taking the time to do the web site and for sharing all these wonderful things with us!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #2809
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post
To those arriving in October or November, have you had any luck in A) selecting FP+ times, or B) customizing magic bands?

We arrive in November, and when I click on FP+ under MDE, I receive an error message that says: We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

Again, I know not to worry until after I get my email/letter of invitation to FP+, but am just curious as to what other Oct.-Dec. travelers are experiencing.
Same here. No luck with Magic Bands or FP+. We check in 10/5 and I am also curious what others are seeing. We are 46 days out.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #2810
BamaKit
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach2109 View Post
My magic bands arrived today! 29 more days until we leave! Just waiting on magical express tags and then we are complete with everything we need to do!
Ours arrived today too! We arrive on Sept. 18 for a one night stay before our cruise. Then come back to the Poly for a three night stay.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #2811
Patience
DIS Veteran

Ours came today too! I customized them on Friday and the box was on the porch when I came home this afternoon.

Last edited by Patience; 08-20-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #2812
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nope, not yet, we're due to check in Oct 8. Per earlier messages from Andre, I'm guessing they are releasing access in batches and have only opened through Sept. 28 so far.

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #2813
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We arrive in November,
Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post
Same here. No luck with Magic Bands or FP+. We check in 10/5 and I am also curious what others are seeing. We are 46 days out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Nope, not yet, we're due to check in Oct 8. Per earlier messages from Andre, I'm guessing they are releasing access in batches and have only opened through Sept. 28 so far.
Hi everyone - my understanding is that they are only testing through the end of September.

My trip is from 9/26 - 10/14 and I can only get FP+ until 9/30. I get the bands because of the 9/26-9/30 portion of my trip.

So I am wondering what we are supposed to do for the rest of the vacay?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2814
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKit View Post
Ours arrived today too! We arrive on Sept. 18 for a one night stay before our cruise. Then come back to the Poly for a three night stay.
You don't mention bands for your Poly portion? or is Poly not in the test group?

Asking because I have a friend who is also doing something like you and I told her Poly CR and GF were on the test group - opps gave her wrong info if it isn't!

I guess I got lucky them because I am doing the same as you but staying one night at CR, then my cruise, and then POR after so I am getting two sets of bands!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2815
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
And here are a few more, just preliminary low rez versions for now but they're still kinda fun. I've again gone for a warm, slightly over-saturated colour balance. It makes them feel a bit like 360-degree postcards I think, and I prefer them this way to colder, but more natural, light temperatures. What does everyone else think before I carry on to produce more full versions?

Alligator Bayou woods (between buildings 15, 16 and 18): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-AB-2013-2706-pano360.swf

Riverside Mill and Marina: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2741-pano360.swf (this one was a bit of a risk; I really didn't think I'd be able to compensate for the exposure issues of shooting some of the angles directly into the sun - but it worked out OK I think)

French Quarter new lobby: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Main-2013-2269-pano360.swf

Andre
I love the AB panorama. We will be staying there in two rooms with 10 people in November. Hoping for a little Fall color. There is very little pictures of the outside of AB buildings. Mansions get all the glory, and they are glorious. We are looking forward to the secluded peace of AB though.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #2816
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMagicFan View Post

Hi everyone - my understanding is that they are only testing through the end of September.
Andre said that the expectation is that once implemented, MB's will be a permanent part of POR, unless they encounter problems with the new system.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #2817
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

Andre, love the panoramas-especially the one of the AB grounds! Our last 2 stays were in buildings 14 and 17...can't wait to go back in December!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #2818
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Dang, safari won't open the panoramas!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2819
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=OneBadApple;49336605]Happy 25th Anniversary!!!! And happy vacation kidless!!!QUOTE]
Thank you so much. I am getting so excited -- 13days
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #2820
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
I have a question about online check in. You can check in 60 days prior online, but I will still have a small balance that I will not pay off until the 45 day mark. If I have a balance can I still do online check in???
I'm only guessing here disneymania................Since I would think the majority of folks pay their packages off near or on the 45 day mark, and Disney offers online check-in at 60 days out, one would assume this is a common place issue.

I to will be playing my balance off very close to my 45 day mark.Probably one day before it actually

So, maybe someone who has dealt with this will chime in for us

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: