Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #2731
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Please read back through the last four days of posts on this thread. POR will begin Magic Band / FP+ testing on 3rd Sept. There is some talk about problems with FP+ bookings after 28 Sept - were you able to book any for 29th Sept?

Anyone under three (who does not need a ticket) should be able to accompany their parents into FP+ rides I assume.

Andre
Thanks.

No I am not able to book anything on the day I leave which is the 29th. Which would be nice to have with wanting to go to a park before ME takes us to the airport.

I did do the trick of redoing the check in and I was able to set up the magic bands. Not sure why they are sending my son a magic band but I will see if he will wear it.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #2732
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012 View Post
Not sure why they are sending my son a magic band but I will see if he will wear it.
Maybe you could hold him up against the door lock when he's asleep in your arms to avoid disturbing him when you get back to the room?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #2733
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, they do seem to be.

Andre
Great! Thank you!

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
Old 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #2734
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

I was able to do the re-check in trick & then customize my magic bands - my dates are 9/28 - 10/05. I was not able to select any FP+ options.

I did have an issue with the bands when I customized - my DBF & DD were switched. On the first page it would show DBF name, then when I clicked to customize it, that page showed DD name. I customized & saved, then summary page shows DBF name, but under the magic band, shows DD name - wires got crossed somewhere...I'm not going to call IT right now b/c I haven't received an official invite yet & doubt they'd help me at all without that - is that reasoning correct or should I call? I was hoping I could just customize them as is & just have the privileges added/changed when we check in at POR front desk - can this be done or is this an IT issue that should be resolved before they ship...?

FWIW - the site said I had until Aug 28th (30 days out) to customize my bands, but if the invites are going out at 18 days prior, I may not be able to get IT to help before they ship, if I'm correct in thinking they won't help w/o an official invite....
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #2735
Squishyfan
Earning My Ears

Rooms

Hi all just found this thread today and was ecstatic to find out how to book BOG lunch reservations!!!! Thanks!!!

We're at POR from 23rd sept in RR garden view and our only request is a non connecting room!! Does anyone have info on the connecting rooms at POR? We had to move rooms last yr during our honeymoon at AKL due to noise and dont want to make that mistake his year!!!

Any help appreciated!!! Red MB holder.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #2736
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I shot a number of panoramas around Riverside while I was there, and also got one of the new POFQ lobby.

Here's one from the Riverside bridge between the main building and Ol' Man Island that I've just finished working on. I've created HQ versions too, plus Quicktime files for the Flash-challenged iPeople:

Flash: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.swf
Quicktime: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.mov
Flash HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.swf
Quicktime HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.mov

Andre
absolutely beautiful. I made myself dizzy twirling around. I can hardly wait--2 weeks today I will arrive
Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #2737
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishyfan View Post
Hi all just found this thread today and was ecstatic to find out how to book BOG lunch reservations!!!! Thanks!!!

We're at POR from 23rd sept in RR garden view and our only request is a non connecting room!! Does anyone have info on the connecting rooms at POR? We had to move rooms last yr during our honeymoon at AKL due to noise and dont want to make that mistake his year!!!

Any help appreciated!!! Red MB holder.
We've stayed in connecting rooms at various resorts, never a problem. Two weeks ago we had one at POFQ, again no problems.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

Old 08-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2738
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
I was able to do the re-check in trick & then customize my magic bands - my dates are 9/28 - 10/05. I was not able to select any FP+ options.

I did have an issue with the bands when I customized - my DBF & DD were switched. On the first page it would show DBF name, then when I clicked to customize it, that page showed DD name. I customized & saved, then summary page shows DBF name, but under the magic band, shows DD name - wires got crossed somewhere...I'm not going to call IT right now b/c I haven't received an official invite yet & doubt they'd help me at all without that - is that reasoning correct or should I call? I was hoping I could just customize them as is & just have the privileges added/changed when we check in at POR front desk - can this be done or is this an IT issue that should be resolved before they ship...?

FWIW - the site said I had until Aug 28th (30 days out) to customize my bands, but if the invites are going out at 18 days prior, I may not be able to get IT to help before they ship, if I'm correct in thinking they won't help w/o an official invite....
I would call anyway - cuz if they wanted us to wait until 18 days out when we get the email then they should have locked us out, right?
They should know Disney fanatics jump on things as soon as possible....just look at all those people who were up and at'em to get the F&W ressies on the phone and waited 4 hours

Based on your experience, I just figured out that in order to get my MB I will need to check in online. I was not going to do that since I had two ressies - one after the other and was gonna check in at Front Desk so I could request the same room and not have to move. Buuuttt if I want my MB now rather than later, I guess I am gonna cave and do the online c/i.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #2739
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

I'm checking in to POR September 5th and just received my 5:15pm by UPS delivery. I also received an email at 2:05pm with the same exact information. I posted pictures of the envelope and flyer on the "Any September Guests received FP+ testing invite?"

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1960

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #2740
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
I'm checking in to POR September 5th and just received my 5:15pm by UPS delivery. I also received an email at 2:05pm with the same exact information. I posted pictures of the envelope and flyer on the "Any September Guests received FP+ testing invite?"

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1960
What day did you customize your MBs?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #2741
kidslovemickey
Earning My Ears

We're checking in to POR on Sept 22nd (yippee!). I did the Magic Bands, and got my FastPass+ stuff all reserved. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a FastPass+ for BOG lunch on Sept 27th or later? It says none available for that day and the 28th, but there are available times for every other day before the 27th. I was wondering if maybe the system hasn't gotten that far yet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is the case!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #2742
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What day did you customize your MBs?
I did online check in Wednesday, FP+'s completed on Thursday and did the Magic Bands on Friday. I expected Mickey mail today (and it was right on time, so to speak), since today is 17 days prior to check in Sept 5th.

As of right now my magic bands say they are shipping soon. I have heard that they may arrive about the same time that changes! I should get them in one or two days. I will report immediately!

Tick, tick, tick...

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #2743
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I shot a number of panoramas around Riverside while I was there, and also got one of the new POFQ lobby.

Here's one from the Riverside bridge between the main building and Ol' Man Island that I've just finished working on. I've created HQ versions too, plus Quicktime files for the Flash-challenged iPeople:

Flash: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.swf
Quicktime: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.mov
Flash HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.swf
Quicktime HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.mov

Andre
This panorama is the best sense I've ever gotten of the placement of the main pool, harbor, restaurants, AB and Mansions. We'll done.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #2744
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

WOW!! Those panoramas are incredible!! I am such a nut for landscaping! I can not get over how green everything is! Did you use a filter on those panoramas or is it really that lush and green! Loved it!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #2745
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidslovemickey View Post
We're checking in to POR on Sept 22nd (yippee!). I did the Magic Bands, and got my FastPass+ stuff all reserved.
Guessing you did online check in and that must have activated your MB ability. I check in on 9/26, did not do online check in and no MB ability....wondering if online check in is the key here.....

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a FastPass+ for BOG lunch on Sept 27th or later? It says none available for that day and the 28th, but there are available times for every other day before the 27th. I was wondering if maybe the system hasn't gotten that far yet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is the case!Did the reso number begin with a 4? I tried to get in but couldn't as I don't have a reso number to use....I am hoping for the 30th....would love to hear how you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
I did online check in Wednesday, FP+'s completed on Thursday and did the Magic Bands on Friday. Wow! It has taken me 3 days so far to get my FP+ in order and I am still not finished....great job!

I expected Mickey mail today (and it was right on time, so to speak), since today is 17 days prior to check in Sept 5th.So 18 days is about right - and I just need to learn patience

I will report immediately!
Waiting almost as anxiously as you all and would love to hear how it goes for you. I am still about 32 days from arriving!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: