Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #2626
isabelle25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie

Woohoo!!!! That is so exciting! Nothing like the first trip there!!! Have SO much fun!
So do I, Look fwd my first trip in next august 2014 in PoR ! Wish you Have a funtastic trip there JVIG ! . Xxx
Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #2627
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Glad the first emails are starting to get through. They should be sent to guests about 18 days before arrival date, and if you can't access FP+ or your MB customisation page at that point, contact the technical teams for help. Would anyone care to post a copy of the message that they have received?
Andre
Here is the email.

As an upcoming Disney Resort hotel Guest, you could help us test a new way to experience Walt Disney World Resort before we share it with the rest of the world. It's a new collection of magical tools we're calling MyMagic+.

Since MyMagic+ is still being developed, we're offering this opportunity for some Guests, like you, to test it out during your upcoming visit and tell us what you think works and where we need to improve. But don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit.
As a tester, you get to try our NEW MagicBand.
This cool and colorful wristband is an all-in-one accessory that connects you to all of the selections you've made. You can use the MagicBand to:
" Enter your Disney Resort hotel room with just a touch.
" Enter the Walt Disney World Parks (valid Park admission required).
" Access the FastPass+ attractions and shows you've selected.
" Purchase food and merchandise at select locations*.
And, test our new FastPass+ service to reserve access to select attractions and shows before you leave home.
Disney FASTPASS® Service has always been a great way to enjoy Walt Disney World attractions with little or no wait. During this test, with the NEW Disney FastPass+ service** you can reserve access to select attractions and shows in advance (valid Theme Park admission required).
If you would like to participate in the MyMagic+ test,
simply visit MyDisneyExperience.com and complete the
steps below by August 24, 2013.
Step 1
Sign In or Register on MyDisneyExperience.com
This digital guide to the magic allows you to request MagicBands and select times to visit FastPass+ experiences. Plus, you can make dining reservations, enjoy itinerary tools and explore Park maps all in one easy place.
Step 2
Link Your Reservation
To unlock the many benefits of MyMagic+, link your reservation now. Once you're signed in, click on "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" to link your Resort reservation. Your reservation confirmation number.
" You'll need to verify the names of everyone on this reservation during this step. If you need to make any modifications to this reservation, we recommend you call us before you link your reservation.
If you have a room and ticket package, your tickets will be included when you link your Disney Resort reservation and you can skip Step 3.
Step 3
Link Your Walt Disney World Ticket or Pass
To unlock your access to Disney FastPass+ service, you'll need to link a ticket or Pass for each member of your travel party age three (3) or older. From the "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" page, click on "Ticket or Pass" and follow the on-screen steps.
Step 4
Customize your MagicBands by August 24, 2013
From the My Disney Experience home page, choose "Personalize MagicBands" to select MagicBands for your travel party. You'll also need to confirm your address by August 24, 2013 to have your MagicBands shipped to your home.
Your privacy is important to us. Please visit MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy for information about privacy and data collection policies including your option to select an RF card.
Step 5
Select Your FastPass+ Experiences
If you are planning to visit the Theme Parks during this test, Disney FastPass+ service lets you make multiple FastPass+ selections for select attractions and shows in one Park per day, for each day you have a valid Theme Park ticket. Simply choose "Make FastPass+ Selections" from the My Disney Experience home page**.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #2628
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

This time in 4 weeks I will be on holiday! I can't wait to go and the information on this thread has helped me loads. Thanks a million for all of the help and information here

Other than finishing work (only 19 work days left!), packing and getting some dollars, I got a call yesterday from the hotel I was booked to stay in the night before my flight telling me they were double booked for a wedding...anyway now looking for another hotel!
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #2629
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Andre- We have booked two Garden View rooms. Where are these rooms generally and if we wanted to be closer to the main building (as we will be eating our breakfasts there), what should I request?
Old 08-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #2630
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Here is the email.

As an upcoming Disney Resort hotel Guest, you could help us test a new way to experience Walt Disney World Resort before we share it with the rest of the world. It's a new collection of magical tools we're calling MyMagic+.

Since MyMagic+ is still being developed, we're offering this opportunity for some Guests, like you, to test it out during your upcoming visit and tell us what you think works and where we need to improve. But don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit.
As a tester, you get to try our NEW MagicBand.
This cool and colorful wristband is an all-in-one accessory that connects you to all of the selections you've made. You can use the MagicBand to:
" Enter your Disney Resort hotel room with just a touch.
" Enter the Walt Disney World Parks (valid Park admission required).
" Access the FastPass+ attractions and shows you've selected.
" Purchase food and merchandise at select locations*.
And, test our new FastPass+ service to reserve access to select attractions and shows before you leave home.
Disney FASTPASS® Service has always been a great way to enjoy Walt Disney World attractions with little or no wait. During this test, with the NEW Disney FastPass+ service** you can reserve access to select attractions and shows in advance (valid Theme Park admission required).
If you would like to participate in the MyMagic+ test,
simply visit MyDisneyExperience.com and complete the
steps below by August 24, 2013.
Step 1
Sign In or Register on MyDisneyExperience.com
This digital guide to the magic allows you to request MagicBands and select times to visit FastPass+ experiences. Plus, you can make dining reservations, enjoy itinerary tools and explore Park maps all in one easy place.
Step 2
Link Your Reservation
To unlock the many benefits of MyMagic+, link your reservation now. Once you're signed in, click on "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" to link your Resort reservation. Your reservation confirmation number.
" You'll need to verify the names of everyone on this reservation during this step. If you need to make any modifications to this reservation, we recommend you call us before you link your reservation.
If you have a room and ticket package, your tickets will be included when you link your Disney Resort reservation and you can skip Step 3.
Step 3
Link Your Walt Disney World Ticket or Pass
To unlock your access to Disney FastPass+ service, you'll need to link a ticket or Pass for each member of your travel party age three (3) or older. From the "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" page, click on "Ticket or Pass" and follow the on-screen steps.
Step 4
Customize your MagicBands by August 24, 2013
From the My Disney Experience home page, choose "Personalize MagicBands" to select MagicBands for your travel party. You'll also need to confirm your address by August 24, 2013 to have your MagicBands shipped to your home.
Your privacy is important to us. Please visit MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy for information about privacy and data collection policies including your option to select an RF card.
Step 5
Select Your FastPass+ Experiences
If you are planning to visit the Theme Parks during this test, Disney FastPass+ service lets you make multiple FastPass+ selections for select attractions and shows in one Park per day, for each day you have a valid Theme Park ticket. Simply choose "Make FastPass+ Selections" from the My Disney Experience home page**.
Can you tell me who (Disney Destinations, etc) the email was from and what was the subject line. I'd hate for mine to end up in my junk email. Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #2631
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatedillusions View Post
This time in 4 weeks I will be on holiday! I can't wait to go and the information on this thread has helped me loads. Thanks a million for all of the help and information here

Other than finishing work (only 19 work days left!), packing and getting some dollars, I got a call yesterday from the hotel I was booked to stay in the night before my flight telling me they were double booked for a wedding...anyway now looking for another hotel!
Huh? They gave you no other options? That does not sound right. There are so many good hotels, many like the Holiday Inn by Downtown Disney, they offer advanced purchased deals...have a great trip to Orlando! We'll be there the SAME TIME!! Can't WAIT!!! This time next month, it'll be Animal Kingdom Day for us! So excited to ride the Everest ride, have not been to the world in 8 years

Old 08-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #2632
PrincessKyleigh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post
I received my Magical Express mail today with my luggage tags in it, and we don't arrive until mid-November! Unexpected but exciting!
I received mine earlier this week and we don't arrive until mid-December. It was a nice surprise.

March 2005 Yacht Club November 2005 Yacht Club
December 2006 Poly Novermber 2007 Disney Magic
November 2009 Contemporary July 2010 Poly
July 2011 Contemporary December 2013 POR
Old 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #2633
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Andre- We have booked two Garden View rooms. Where are these rooms generally and if we wanted to be closer to the main building (as we will be eating our breakfasts there), what should I request?
They can be pretty much anywhere in the resort with a non-parking lot view, apart from the Royal buildings and the Preferred Location buildings.

The best thing to request would be to ask for what you want, i.e. "close to main building please".

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #2634
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Huh? They gave you no other options? That does not sound right. There are so many good hotels, many like the Holiday Inn by Downtown Disney, they offer advanced purchased deals...have a great trip to Orlando! We'll be there the SAME TIME!! Can't WAIT!!! This time next month, it'll be Animal Kingdom Day for us! So excited to ride the Everest ride, have not been to the world in 8 years
Sorry should of said the hotel was in Dublin, Ireland!

They told me I could have a suite double the price which wasn't in my budget so I told them this and they said they would make an exception and refund me in full!

Anyway I found a hotel closer to the airport for cheaper as it was a special deal so it worked out all well in the end
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Old 08-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #2635
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Question....
The marina discount voucher that comes with the mickey mail, is it gd for the water stuff @ por?

Me DH DD DS

Old 08-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #2636
MeeskaMooskaMousektr
Earning My Ears

Today I logged onto the website and had an option to customize my Magic Bands!!!! We arrive at PORR on Sept 9-19th!!! I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to try out the new my magic+ and my disney experience etc, im ECSTATIC!!! I never received an email or anything about being involved in this, or to customize my bands... luckily I was just searching the website!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #2637
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323
If you go to the map, and click on the buildings, the map comes up with each category and their location.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #2638
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo
Question....
The marina discount voucher that comes with the mickey mail, is it gd for the water stuff @ por?
Yes.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #2639
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
If you go to the map, and click on the buildings, the map comes up with each category and their location.
The clickable maps are located on my site, e.g. www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php.

If anyone knows how to use HTML imagemaps in vBulletin posts, I'll happily link to them from the first post in the thread here on the DIS too.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #2640
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The clickable maps are located on my site, e.g. www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php.

If anyone knows how to use HTML imagemaps in vBulletin posts, I'll happily link to them from the first post in the thread here on the DIS too.

Andre
Oh wow, those maps are awesome! Thank you so much!

Also one more quick question...are the mansion and AB rooms decorated in the same way (save the RGR's)?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: