Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #2581
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Sorry, been out for a few hours and I find there's about six more pages here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance2874 View Post
I was able to choose my bands today but still cant book any FP+ after 9/28. Is that the cut off date for POR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef12280 View Post
I am having the same issue I can not get fast passes for 9/29 to 10/5
I got an email this afternoon. Apparently stays are being added into the new systems gradually, starting from 3rd Sept arrivals, so not everyone may be able to customise bands from day one. Officially guests should be waiting until they get their invitation email, and if the customise or FastPass+ options still don't work after that, contact the Reservations Center for advice. This may explain the 28th September cut-off issue reported here (and also by guests on my own site).

By the way, technically the current "test" window for POR runs until 31st October - however the expectation is that unless anything major goes wrong, it will simply continue normally after then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
I am currently booked in a FD RGR but am still trying for a preferred room. I can switch to a FD GV and save $400. Location is more important than view but $400 is a lot of money!
Some RGRs are close to a bridge over to the main building, but in general terms they are amongst the further away parts of the resort (see the map in post #1). Whichever room type (other than Preferred) you are in, possible distances vary wildly - the next best overall choices for location being RGR Pool View and then regular River View.

So unless you particularly want the RGR décor, I would definitely switch and save the money and just put in a request to be as close as possible to the main building (mentioning that you were unable to book Preferred at the time as the system would not let you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post
you want to know why I'm excited????

Because I check into POR tomorrow for our first ever WDW trip!!!!
Now THAT is the right attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Question: Where should I expect to be with a pool view? I'd really like to be as close to the main building and main pool as possible, but not sure where a pool view booking category will have me.
RGR Pool View rooms are almost all in Oak Manor (with just two in Parterre Place) and are all very nicely located for access to the main building via a footbridge. Some of them are about as close as some of the Preferred rooms in fact. See the map in the first post, and also my building floorplans via the links on www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
I have shipped things back home from a resort before but had my own box that I used to ship things there.
This time I won't have a box but will want to ship some things home before we go on a cruise after our stay.
Can I get a box to pack up from the resort?
I'm sure the resort can help you with packaging materials if you ask them nicely. Either ask the front desk, or at the store which gets regular deliveries of stock which must come in outer cardboard boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndrew View Post
I wanted to say thanks again to Andre, venomhatch, and all of the others who put so much time into helping people like me. Maybe someday we'll all run into each other.
You never know! I'm glad the info I can provide is helpful, and thanks everyone for the understanding that I can't always post everything I know immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
I just spoke to someone at disney about the magicbands. She is telling me that when I arrive, Oct 18, that it will still be in the testing phase. Now I am really confused.
See info at the start of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacabe View Post
We have setup our fastpass+ and magicbands and my husband and I were wondering if since the magicbands get mailed to us and they are our park tickets can we just go from the airport to Hollywood studios and use it without first going to the resort?
Now that's an interesting question! I'm guessing currently not until the resort has validated your arrival, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicfam View Post
But I can't see where to order customized bands.
I called and a cast member said I will get an email if we are in the magic band test. I'm confused!!!
Try doing online checkin again (just skip through any entries that you've already made) and see if the option becomes available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
I guess if I have to I have to but can we NOT do online check in and still get Magic Bands?
You will still get Magic Bands (I think everyone will after 3rd Sept) but you will only get generic grey ones. The option to customise colours and add your names is only available for those who have done online checkin.

Personally I'd suggest doing online checkin anyway - you can always select the option to prefer to try to have you room requests met instead of just getting the first room available when you arrive.

Quote:
We have paid for a Garden view. I would like to be close to the parking lot, close to the main building for drinks and in the mansions. Which building and room section would you suggest?
I wouldn't really suggest asking for a specific room or section, just ask for what you actually want - i.e. "close to a parking lot, close to the main building, mansion building". Put those requests in your order of preference, so they know which part is more important for you. See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more info.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 08-16-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #2582
sibesx2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We haven't made any sort of room request yet bc we just switched from POFQ yesterday. I didn't want to do online check in because we typically arrive around 6am, go check in, ask them if we can wait for a room in whatever section we want, get our tickets and wait for our room. We have had much better luck getting rooms in the sections we want vs doing online check in. I guess if I have to I have to but can we NOT do online check in and still get Magic Bands?
I was able to customize my Magic Bands last night without doing online check in. We arrive Sept. 7.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #2583
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

So theres a shot starting Sept 28th it will be INVITE ONLY on the MB and FP+??
May 2007 - Senior Trip All Star Sports
Oct 2012 - Mother/Daughter Trip to POR
May 2013 - 1st trip to Disneyland!
Oct 2013 - w/DBF to POR
Nov 2014- Wine & Dine Half (fingers crossed!)
Old 08-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #2584
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
So theres a shot starting Sept 28th it will be INVITE ONLY on the MB and FP+??
Please read what I wrote, everyone will be emailed (or some other attempt to contact). However ALL guests arriving after 3rd Sept should get the new bands, but they may only be added into the system in batches, so please just be a little patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibesx2 View Post
I was able to customize my Magic Bands last night without doing online check in. We arrive Sept. 7.
Excellent, sounds like good news, I wasn't expecting that to happen.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #2585
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I was not able to customize Magic Bands until I went in and edited my online check in process...once I did that, there was magically a new section that said "Customize Magic Bands"...I went in, we all chose different colors and then we had fun with the names on the bands Dh will be known as Grumpy, my daughter will be known as Patient 0, my son wanted something to do with rowing, so I just put his rowing team name on it...I used my favorite bible verse..and my other daughter was original with her name and favorite number..than I began to fret that maybe we should not have had so much fun personalizing! Surely, they did not mean for us to put our names on them!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #2586
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post
I know you're all excited to talk about FP+ and Magic Bands, but you want to know why I'm excited????

Because I check into POR tomorrow for our first ever WDW trip!!!! Yahooo!!!!
Woohoo!!!! That is so exciting! Nothing like the first trip there!!! Have SO much fun!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #2587
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Are plain colors the only option? I thought it was rumored you could pay for designed ones?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #2588
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Are plain colors the only option? I thought it was rumored you could pay for designed ones?
ll

You will be able to get overlays and "Bandits" at the Merchandise stores
Old 08-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #2589
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
ll

You will be able to get overlays and "Bandits" at the Merchandise stores
I've seen those, in referring to these:
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #2590
Mobley5
Earning My Ears

Checking in Sept 19. I was able to customize bands within minutes of doing online check-in.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #2591
rspencer38
Mouseketeer

If I'm staying at POR Sept 11-18 should I be getting MB? I have yet to hear anything from Disney about this. Should I check-in?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #2592
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
I have shipped things back home from a resort before but had my own box that I used to ship things there.
This time I won't have a box but will want to ship some things home before we go on a cruise after our stay.
Can I get a box to pack up from the resort?
Tell me how that works

Thanks
You can ask for a box and packing materials at Fulton's gift shop however, ask well before you need the box. They are harder to get as the weekend approaches with many people checking out. If it is all Disney merchandise that you have bought on property, they can ship it from the gift shop. If you have personal items (including Ponchos, drink mugs, etc...) then you can ship it from concierge. For a medium size, medium weight box it was about $20 via UPS last summer.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #2593
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I've seen those, in referring to these:
Yes, and you can also get little pins like for crocs to add to the bands
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #2594
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer38 View Post
If I'm staying at POR Sept 11-18 should I be getting MB? I have yet to hear anything from Disney about this. Should I check-in?
As long as you have tickets with your package, you should be able to do all the Magic Bands/Fast Passes online..it only worked for me after I went in and edited my check in..I had checked in about a week ago, but no MB symbol popped up until I went in and edited it..

Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #2595
rspencer38
Mouseketeer

When I click on MB it keeps asking me to link. However, my account shows my entire package (resort, dining, tickets, reservations )
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: