Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #2461
Craftysplat
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3

I am curious to know when the recreation schedule for September 2013 will be posted for POR. I have been checking the unofficial PO website and July/August are still up. Really just most curious to know the movie schedule. Thanks!
Craftysplat is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #2462
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftysplat View Post
I am curious to know when the recreation schedule for September 2013 will be posted for POR.
In September. I usually manage to get the schedules a couple of days before the start of the month, but not always.

It is not really meant as a pre-planning tool, so much as a daily activities guide for guests already at the resort.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #2463
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
we arrive sept 2 and I haven't been able to do FP+ so does that mean I won't beable to do it at all or should I be able to do it Sept 3-8?
I was wondering this too...Im in the same situation - check on the 2nd
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #2464
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaFemme View Post
Oh man, I was SO excited reading today about the Magic Bands being rolled out at POR during my stay! This is our first family vacation ever, and it's becoming a dream vacation! Scoring FD, getting to book a Royal Room with it, getting all of the ADR's I wanted (except BOG), and now FP+ and Magic Bands?! I was so hoping we could try out the bands but thought it was a no-go for us!

I....CAN'T.....WAIT!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
I could have written this exact post myself!
kaylasmom07 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #2465
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
I was wondering this too...Im in the same situation - check on the 2nd
Only available for checkin dates of 3rd September and later, I'm afraid. Unless you want to split your booking into two reservations?

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now  
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #2466
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 827

Do you need to "link your tickets" to a room/ticket package reservation to get the magic bands? Is it even necessary to link your tickets when you've booked a package? Because obviously I don't have the tickets yet?
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #2467
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 324

Help!!! I am so confused ! So, I have booked my fast past choices, but see no place to customize/ order my band. We arrive on September 21st. Is anyone having the same problem? Also, what is the news on the fast pass for Fantasmic and BOG???
Blessedwith3boys is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #2468
waltsgrl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50

The magic bands are not available for customizing yet. They should be in the next few days.

Thank you so much Andre for all the help I have received from this thread and your fantastic website! I especially loved drinking my coffee with the live camera feed going while you were there!!

I have a quick question, or really your opinion on a situation... We booked POR the day FD came out for September. At the time I did not know enough about the resort to specify a Royal Room. Once I realized we would most enjoy a RR, of course they were all booked under the promotion. I have a River View room plus FD booked right now and my question is, is it reasonable to request a Royal Room (even Standard, which is the exact same price point) and expect that request might be honored? I booked through a TA and she seems to believe she can call the room assigner a couple days prior to make the request, but I know you suggest to always send a fax. What would be the most effective way possible to make this request work out? Also, FYI every RR catagory has availability for our dates so I know it is not an impossible dream Thanks for following along with the ramblings of obsessive perfectionist!!
__________________
waltsgrl is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #2469
brios86
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltsgrl View Post
The magic bands are not available for customizing yet. They should be in the next few days.

Thank you so much Andre for all the help I have received from this thread and your fantastic website! I especially loved drinking my coffee with the live camera feed going while you were there!!

I have a quick question, or really your opinion on a situation... We booked POR the day FD came out for September. At the time I did not know enough about the resort to specify a Royal Room. Once I realized we would most enjoy a RR, of course they were all booked under the promotion. I have a River View room plus FD booked right now and my question is, is it reasonable to request a Royal Room (even Standard, which is the exact same price point) and expect that request might be honored? I booked through a TA and she seems to believe she can call the room assigner a couple days prior to make the request, but I know you suggest to always send a fax. What would be the most effective way possible to make this request work out? Also, FYI every RR catagory has availability for our dates so I know it is not an impossible dream Thanks for following along with the ramblings of obsessive perfectionist!!
If there is availability why can't you just change the reservation? If you request it, there is no as
Tguarantee they will give it to you.
brios86 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #2470
waltsgrl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50

If I booked it now I would be giving up the Free Dining.
__________________
waltsgrl is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #2471
Gorechick
DIS Veteran
 
Gorechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post

If there is availability why can't you just change the reservation? If you request it, there is no as
Tguarantee they will give it to you.
You can't request a room category only a room preference. For example, If you booked a regular garden view room, you can't put in a request for a Royal Room garden view. It's a different bookable category. You could check into upgrading at the resort, however, be prepared to pay for the upgrade.
__________________
Hotel Royal Plaza July 1987
Contemporary Resort July 1989
Dixie Landings August 1996
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #2472
bigmac5
DIS Veteran
 
bigmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario Canada
Posts: 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkpoole View Post
We check into POR October 2nd. Will we be able to preselect FastPass+? Will it be a testing phase or full roll out at that point?

Thanks!
We check in on the 2nd too. It says it starts on the 3rd. I hope we can do the fastpass+ from the 3rd on. I will feel so uninvited to the party lol
__________________
bigmac5 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #2473
bigmac5
DIS Veteran
 
bigmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario Canada
Posts: 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Only available for checkin dates of 3rd September and later, I'm afraid. Unless you want to split your booking into two reservations?

Andre
OMG you just burst my bubble. How does splitting reservations go?

I assume I would have to cancel everything and rebook and lose my free dining? That wouldn't be worth it for me
__________________

Last edited by bigmac5; 08-15-2013 at 07:36 PM.
bigmac5 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #2474
waltsgrl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post

You can't request a room category only a room preference. For example, If you booked a regular garden view room, you can't put in a request for a Royal Room garden view. It's a different bookable category. You could check into upgrading at the resort, however, be prepared to pay for the upgrade.
That makes sense, thank you.
__________________
waltsgrl is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #2475
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran
 
mrsmomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5

OMG you just burst my bubble. How does splitting reservations go?

I assume I would have to cancel everything and rebook and lose my free dining? That wouldn't be worth it for me
What about adding a ro @ POP....that's what i have read some ppl are doing
__________________
November 2012 POP
September 2013 POR
May 2014 CSR

Me DH DD DS



mrsmomo is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: