Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #2416
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 2nd/3rd September onward.

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving in 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

Andre
woohoo Sept 2 here we come!! I still can't do it but I am watching!! Thanks Andre
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #2417
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

So i have a few questions!!!!

-I did a room only stay and bought tickets separately, if i link them to MDE will i then have the option to do FP+?

Yes, if you're part of the test group.

-If you get a KTTW card along with your magic band, can you get double the fastpasses? Like have the FP+ planned and then use your card to get more?

No. The Band and the KTTW have the same info. Just the media are different.

Stupid Judy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #2418
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post

-I did a room only stay and bought tickets separately, if i link them to MDE will i then have the option to do FP+?

-If you get a KTTW card along with your magic band, can you get double the fastpasses? Like have the FP+ planned and then use your card to get more?

Can you use your KTTW card to use regular FP then? I don't want to use FP+
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #2419
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!!!! Do you know how many FP+ you can get per day?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #2420
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Thanks!!!! Do you know how many FP+ you can get per day?
Three per day, one park per day.

Stupid Judy.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #2421
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Not related. But I just logged into my MDE and it says I still have two KTTW cards that are active mine and my little one's. Weird my wife's one is deactivated. They should all be deactivated lol.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #2422
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Three per day, one park per day.
Man i'm going to seem repetitive but i just want to make sure i understand. So you can get 3 FP+ per day and no regular fastpasses at all, even at another park? Seems silly to me that you can only get 3 FP on Magic Bands and but be able to get as many as you can on reg FP
Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #2423
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Man i'm going to seem repetitive but i just want to make sure i understand. So you can get 3 FP+ per day and no regular fastpasses at all, even at another park? Seems silly to me that you can only get 3 FP on Magic Bands and but be able to get as many as you can on reg FP
That will be the case once the system is fully live, yes. At the moment testers have been able to get regular Fastpasses too, but that won't last forever. They have also been able to book a new FP+ once the first one has been used in the park (from what's left for that day anyway) so they can keep up to three planned bookings active at any given time. I assume they will add a multi-park facility at some point in the future too.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #2424
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 2nd/3rd September onward.
Just to confirm, the first checkin date for guests to get Magic Bands at POR will be 3RD SEPTEMBER, not 2nd Sept.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #2425
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Thanks Andre! you guys are so helpful with this!!!

One last thing (hopefully). So if you schedule FP+ but for some odd reason dont get a magic band, does your KTTW still work to get the FP+ like the RFID chip in it swipe at the FP+ stand? Or am i just really over my head with technology?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #2426
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Just to confirm, the first checkin date for guests to get Magic Bands at POR will be 3RD SEPTEMBER, not 2nd Sept.

Andre
Thanks for clearing this up I am getting PMs about the 2nd.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #2427
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
One last thing (hopefully). So if you schedule FP+ but for some odd reason dont get a magic band, does your KTTW still work to get the FP+ like the RFID chip in it swipe at the FP+ stand?
Should do I think, as the band and your KttW card should be interchangeable (while both are still being issued anyway).

Andre

Old 08-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #2428
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

Any idea when I should expect to be able to customize my bands? I'm checking in 9/18
Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #2429
stef12280
Earning My Ears

I am checking in on 9/28 to 10/5/2013 at POR. When should we be able to make Fast Pass + Selections and customize our bands? Can I also opt to have my bands sent to the resort. We are also traveling with other family members to POR they are on a different reservation, how can we all get fast pass + time together??

Thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2430
Gruff320
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85
Only asking this here because of Andre's post. When you get a magic band, you are now bound to FP+ aren't you? No more regular FP?
I don't think so. I have a RO reservation and although it gives me the FP+ menu option, it won't let me go further because I have no tickets linked. So I cannot do FP+ but I should still be able to get a band when they become available because they also act as your room key, charging privileges, etc. FP+ is just one of the things you can do with the MagicBand... Since it's still in testing, regular FP should still be available. Just an educated guess for what it's worth...

Edited to add: I'm hoping we'll get to do FP+ on the "day of" once our CM friend's signs us into the park, using the app or a kiosk. I just meant I can't do FP+ ahead of time with a RO reservation (at least not at this time).

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: