Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2026
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post

This is a wonderful board.I have learned so much for upcoming trip here as well.

One thing though, you mentioned you have AB section. I think that unless you specifically book a preferred room (which you may have done) AB section is simply a request and not a guarantee. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.
I believe the only way you "know" you're in AB is I you are a family of 5 since those are the only rooms at the resort that accommodate 5
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #2027
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

How far is the walk from the furthest away room to the food court or a bus stop generally? I'm considering moving to this resort- but it's still a maybe and depends on what Mum says too.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #2028
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post

I know it's a pain, but I just take their comforters off and put on my blankets from home. It makes me feel better as my kids roll all over the beds.
Love your user name, we have three boys too :D
I think I will just bring some, will probably make me feel better but DH doesn't believe me that they aren't washed lol so he will think I'm nuts.

Another question, we are driving our own vehicle this year, the buses drive us crazy. What is the quickest way to get from POR to MK? Any back road shortcuts? We have a 7:45 am ADR for Ohana and then want to do MK after. I would like to maybe park at TTC then somehow get to Polynesian so after bfast we can monorail back into MK. Any tips for this?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #2029
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie View Post
Love your user name, we have three boys too :D
I think I will just bring some, will probably make me feel better but DH doesn't believe me that they aren't washed lol so he will think I'm nuts.

Another question, we are driving our own vehicle this year, the buses drive us crazy. What is the quickest way to get from POR to MK? Any back road shortcuts? We have a 7:45 am ADR for Ohana and then want to do MK after. I would like to maybe park at TTC then somehow get to Polynesian so after bfast we can monorail back into MK. Any tips for this?
Isn't having a house full of boys the best? A little crazy and out of control, but so much fun!

My husband refuses to ride the Disney buses! I agree driving to the parks is much easier....except to MK! Driving there is such an ordeal! That is the one place that I insist we take Disney Transporation. I hate waiting in line for the monorail and then waiting in line for a tram to take you to your car.

Why don't you drive to the Poly and leave your car there? Then that night you can hop on the monorail to your car and home you go. OR, you could catch the boat to DTD and get a bus to take you directly to the poly?? So many options! Good luck!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #2030
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen414 View Post
We just found out about this yesterday. We fly out on Aug. 22nd late in the day and are definitely going to do this. I will be sure to report back how it goes. Hopefully they'll keep it in place for you to use.
cool
Old 08-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #2031
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Isn't having a house full of boys the best? A little crazy and out of control, but so much fun!

My husband refuses to ride the Disney buses! I agree driving to the parks is much easier....except to MK! Driving there is such an ordeal! That is the one place that I insist we take Disney Transporation. I hate waiting in line for the monorail and then waiting in line for a tram to take you to your car.

Why don't you drive to the Poly and leave your car there? Then that night you can hop on the monorail to your car and home you go. OR, you could catch the boat to DTD and get a bus to take you directly to the poly?? So many options! Good luck!
Yes there is never a dull moment lol.

That was what I originally thought we should do but someone told me we could only park at a resort that isn't ours for 3 hours, is that incorrect?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #2032
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie
That was what I originally thought we should do but someone told me we could only park at a resort that isn't ours for 3 hours, is that incorrect?
What you were told is correct. Unless you pay for valet. Then you could park there all day. You can park at TTC and walk to Poly.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #2033
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

What you were told is correct. Unless you pay for valet. Then you could park there all day. You can park at TTC and walk to Poly.
Thanks, I think we will do just that!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #2034
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

I have a standard AB room booked for our Nov trip since that was what was available with FD. Originally, I was going to just splurge for Preferred or Riverview. I really would like something somewhat close, or at least easy to get to without going back too far into the bayou and getting lost, but it does not have to be a Preferred room precisely. Should I keep stalking Disney and try for a preferred or riverview room to guarantee this, or do you guys think that requesting a room in a building along the river (I was thinking 38) would be a reasonable request? I did notice a lot of people getting their faxed in requests granted, but I haven't noticed anyone requesting buildings, except in the Mansions area.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #2035
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Bless you all with 3 boys. I can't handle the 2 boys I have...it's craziness! (This coming from someone with only sisters) I love them dearly and have learned lot from them but I guess it is a good thing my 3rd was a girl. My heart couldn't handle it, I'm a nervous wreck as it is!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #2036
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I have a standard AB room booked for our Nov trip since that was what was available with FD. Originally, I was going to just splurge for Preferred or Riverview. I really would like something somewhat close, or at least easy to get to without going back too far into the bayou and getting lost, but it does not have to be a Preferred room precisely. Should I keep stalking Disney and try for a preferred or riverview room to guarantee this, or do you guys think that requesting a room in a building along the river (I was thinking 38) would be a reasonable request? I did notice a lot of people getting their faxed in requests granted, but I haven't noticed anyone requesting buildings, except in the Mansions area.
How do you know you have an AB room? If you booked Standard and you're not a family of 5 you could be in Magnolia Bend.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #2037
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
How do you know you have an AB room? If you booked Standard and you're not a family of 5 you could be in Magnolia Bend.
I am a family of 5
Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #2038
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I am a family of 5
Well that explains it then.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #2039
DisneyAndrew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
This is a wonderful board.I have learned so much for upcoming trip here as well.

One thing though, you mentioned you have AB section. I think that unless you specifically book a preferred room (which you may have done) AB section is simply a request and not a guarantee. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Since there are five of us in one room, we are guaranteed to be in the AB section with the murphy bed.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #2040
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the Magical Express luggage dropoff? Our flight will get in around 415pm putting us to POR by 515 (hopefully) so what are your opinions on using their luggage service? good/bad?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: