Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1966
JVig
Mouseketeer

In 13 days, I'll be at POR in a royal room!!!! Getting so excited! My daughter is going to LOVE it, she's a Tiana fanatic.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1967
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
They take liquid, dry or sheets. I pack the sheets, easy for flying or driving.
Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #1968
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post
In 13 days, I'll be at POR in a royal room!!!! Getting so excited! My daughter is going to LOVE it, she's a Tiana fanatic.
Sighing....I have 48 more days!

Have a great time!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #1969
webstah
DIS Veteran

Andre, Can you confirm if the laundry machines have been converted from coins to credit cards???
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1970
aprilp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
is the H2O brand good? I am not familiar with it
My hair is more coarse than fine, and I liked the shampoo and conditioner jut fine. But my mom has very fine hair that acts up if she uses anything other than what it's used to (she can't even use conditioner at all), so she brought her own.
My WDW trips: Nov 18-23 2013 POR; Nov. 30-Dec. 4 2011 POP; Nov 30-Dec 5 2009 CSR; Dec 3-8 2008 POP; various times in 2003, 2004 & 2005 CB and offsite; 1996 overnight for my sister's graduation POR; 1991 - Grad Nite; multiple day trips 1970's-1980's w/family when we lived in Tampa[/I][/COLOR]
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #1971
KarenMac72
Earning My Ears

Next week at this time, we should be all checked in for our first night! We're staying in a Royal Guest Room with a standard view. We used a travel agent and she requested a room near transportation. Should I fax a request in as well? I'd also like to be close-ish to a pool. Also, we'll have strollers with us. Is it more convenient to have a ground floor room? Lastly, we requested a pack and play for my son who has a peanut allergy. Can I request that it be cleaned due to allergies or is Mousekeeping good about stuff like that?
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #1972
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure they can also do a special room cleaning for peanut allergies if you call ahead of time and have it added to your reservation. I had called and asked about some special allergy cleaning for dustmite and fragrance allergies and the CM specifically asked me if I was also allergic to peanuts as they have a special cleaning for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMac72 View Post
Next week at this time, we should be all checked in for our first night! We're staying in a Royal Guest Room with a standard view. We used a travel agent and she requested a room near transportation. Should I fax a request in as well? I'd also like to be close-ish to a pool. Also, we'll have strollers with us. Is it more convenient to have a ground floor room? Lastly, we requested a pack and play for my son who has a peanut allergy. Can I request that it be cleaned due to allergies or is Mousekeeping good about stuff like that?
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #1973
CaliTex
Will work for (Disney) food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMac72 View Post
Thanks!
I am no expert by any means, but I did read on here that you can request a "deep clean" because of allergies. Explain about your son, and I bet they will accommodate you.

I also read that room requests should be faxed in about 48 hrs ahead of arrival (there is a number here on Disboards for the room request fax line--someone more savvy--help please?!) with the requests prioritized as to importance.

I think a ground floor would help with strollers. We stayed at CBR several years ago with our 2 year old grandson, and between the walking from the bus stop and then carrying the grandson and stroller upstairs when everyone is pretty beat it was kinda

But the view was nice!

There are pros and cons to everything, but this time we are staying at POR and requesting a room closer to things and a first floor. If we get it, great, if we don't, we'll manage and there will be something else to compensate for it, like the view being better from the second floor!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #1974
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTex View Post
I also read that room requests should be faxed in about 48 hrs ahead of arrival (there is a number here on Disboards for the room request fax line--someone more savvy--help please?!) with the requests prioritized as to importance.
Everything you need to know about faxing requests is in the first post in this thread.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #1975
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Everything you need to know about faxing requests is in the first post in this thread.
Actually in my thread, here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116216
Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #1976
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
Andre, Can you confirm if the laundry machines have been converted from coins to credit cards???
I am not Andre, but I can confirm for certain that coins are still used at POR. Only FQ has been converted.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #1977
photos_101
Mouseketeer

We are at CSR after a week at POR royal room and I miss it a lot. Beds are so much more comfy at POR. The grounds and overall feel at por is so much better than csr, IMHO.

We are booked at CSR for free dining in DEC and I think we are going to change to a RO rate just so we can get a port Orleans room. Honestly at this point I would rather even stay at pop than CSR. But have definitely decided POR is our new favorite.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #1978
Mobley5
Earning My Ears

Just paid off our trip!!! 45 days till we check in at POR!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #1979
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Good for you Mobley5 ! Our payoff date is August 10th. Can't wait. Hope we get the Mansions !
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1980
sciteacher77
Earning My Ears

I sent my fax request in, but realize I should have requested a deep cleaning... I check in tomorrow morning, what should I do?

Thanks,
Michelle
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: