Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #1801
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna6635 View Post
I just got onto the Port Orleans site...did a search and connected thru search.. Finally!
I tried that as well but it still didn't work. I'll try again later.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #1802
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Ditto here. Wow, very unusual, but I believe Andre is on his way to POR and does not realize it. Maybe he forgot to keep it plugged in!
I was beginning to wonder if it were my computer. I'll keep checking throughout the day. We have two free water view nights at any moderate resort. We are thinking of trying out POR those two nights and then switching over to CBR for our package.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #1803
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
No swan is not included in free dining. My choice is stay at POR the whole 9 nights with free dining or stay at WL for 6 nights with free dining and switch to Swan for 3 nights on points. The cost for both including EVERYTHING would be right around 4000. So cost being the same, what is better all POR or WL/swan split?
I would go with POR for the whole 9 nights. WL is nice. We liked the boat to MK and the proximity to FtW. However, as a whole, we liked POR just as much as WL. At POR we like the boat to DtD. We also like the overall theme/feel of the resort. It's very lush with lots of plants, flowers, shrubs and trees. The grounds and pool area felt deluxe to us. Riverside Mill is better than Roaring Forks.

We also find split stays a bit of a pain. We never feel settled, knowing we have to pack up and check in somewhere else.

We've never stayed at the Swan, but we've visited a couple times. It looks nice, but while at Disney I'd prefer a Disney resort with a theme.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #1804
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it! I am so torn and I need to decide....or maybe the first one I ask for wont have availability and then I will do the other! But assuming I can get either, I am so torn! I really hate the buses and we have to bus to MK because of the TTC situation, no point driving. Then we can drive to the other parks. If we stay at WL we can boat to MK and at Swan we can boat to EP and HS. The drawback is the split stay!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #1805
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

FYI: The Portorleans.org site is back up and running.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #1806
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Hey yall is there a fee to send a package to POR?

I found the website mousehouseconcierge.com and wanted to buy a case of water! its only .70 cents a bottle compared to 2.50 in the parks. But i was reading that some resorts have a $10 fee per package..... anyone know?!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #1807
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff
Hey yall is there a fee to send a package to POR?

I found the website mousehouseconcierge.com and wanted to buy a case of water! its only .70 cents a bottle compared to 2.50 in the parks. But i was reading that some resorts have a $10 fee per package..... anyone know?!
No, POR is not a convention resort. You can find the info on the sticky at the top of the board.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #1808
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

Staying at POR for the first time, arriving on 8/18 and I am torn about what room to request if any? We have 2 rooms, one has me, DH, DD20 and DS16 and the other is 2 adults(my BIL and SIL), ad we have a "pool view" room paid for. At first I really wanted a Mansion room but now I am not so sure, what do you think? Should I request nothing and just go with the flow? What is the big differences between the 2 sections?

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #1809
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quick update about the fridge situation here, front desk called this afternoon and was not able to find us a working fridge so they automatically credited our room account $15night. It was nice to have them do this without me having to ask for the credit. I simply asked upon check in if we had one in the room and asked to be put on the wait list for one. Luckily we drove and had a small cooler to use. I paid for a Royal room and do believe the compensation is fair. Back to my vacation now!
BTW.. these rooms are beautiful!!

Edit to add.. food court does have the new RFID machines but they are not activated yet. Coffee machine is nescafe. However coffee in rooms is joffreys.

Last edited by photos_101; 07-31-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #1810
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Hey all, I think Andrew is still in transit, but for all you POR veterans - is it common for POR to be excluded from room only or free dining offers? I wasn't able to find historical data to support it, but a site called Chip and Co that alot of Disers frequent is posting that POR is going to be left out of room only offers for the fall starting tomorrow - but just POR and AofA. Not left out of FD though (that doesn't work due to my dates, though). I'm hoping the data is wrong, but has that happened before? Dates are like from October to right before xmas, only leaving out Thanksgiving. So it's not like they are working around a particular event or something....

Thanks for any help/perspective!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #1811
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Hey all, I think Andrew is still in transit, but for all you POR veterans - is it common for POR to be excluded from room only or free dining offers? I wasn't able to find historical data to support it, but a site called Chip and Co that alot of Disers frequent is posting that POR is going to be left out of room only offers for the fall starting tomorrow - but just POR and AofA. Not left out of FD though (that doesn't work due to my dates, though). I'm hoping the data is wrong, but has that happened before? Dates are like from October to right before xmas, only leaving out Thanksgiving. So it's not like they are working around a particular event or something....

Wow! I can't even keep the rumors straight anymore! I'm just hoping for FD tomorrow, guess we won't know until we call in.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #1812
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:

It normally shows up for room only and dining offers.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #1813
alm99
Earning My Ears

Quote:

It is usually included.

However, if going forward it were to get dropped of offers that would stink. It is the only reasonably priced location for our family of 5 to stay in.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #1814
minniemous
Mouseketeer

Port Orleans Riverside

Hi, We are going to Disney World this October and we will be staying at POR for the first time. Up to this point I have only stayed at the deluxe hotels at disney world but in an effort to save money we are giving the moderates a try. From what I hear they are excellent and lets face it anywhere you stay is going to be great. But I wanted to ask what is the biggest difference we will feel in staying at a PORT Orleans versus Say Wilderness lodge since they to do not have monorail access as well. My biggest concern is if the bus transportation will be very different to and from the hotel?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #1815
minniemous
Mouseketeer

Port Orleans Riverside

Hi, We are going to Disney World this October and we will be staying at POR for the first time. Up to this point I have only stayed at the deluxe hotels at disney world but in an effort to save money we are giving the moderates a try. From what I hear they are excellent and lets face it anywhere you stay is going to be great. But I wanted to ask what is the biggest difference we will feel in staying at a PORT Orleans versus Say Fort Wilderness since they to do have monorail access as well. My biggest concern is if the bus transportation will be very different to and from the hotel?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: