Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #151
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post

Online check in can be done up to 60 days before check-in as long as you are in the USA. I think it's still 10 days if you live in the United Kingdom.
Canadian. I will have to find out. Ty
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #152
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Hey everyone nice to see everyone is making it over here well. Just thought to pop on and say hope everyone is having a great memorial weekend!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #153
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
I'm not even sure how online check in works. I will have to figure out how many days before I can do that since I won't be around a computer for a week before we even get to Disney. We are offsite before our Disney trip starts. Hubby figures we will be at POR by 7. It was planned to be an early morning with breakfast at 9am. We just need to check in first.
When you check in online which you can do a fairly long time away from your arrival day, you're basically just giving all your info that you would if you were checking in "in-person" at the desk. You still have to go to the front desk but they will have your packet ready with your room keys (even if your room isn't ready yet). It's just a lot quicker.

My only concern about the 9am ADR is if your flight gets delayed for any reason if you are flying don't forget Cape May is $10 charge pp for no shows if you don't cancel the night before BUT even if you show up late you'll be fine-andthey'll work you in.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #154
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Andre, I am impressed - yards, that is pretty good!
Yes, I gather them's like metres but a bit shorter...

(Actually I tend to be old fashioned anyway, I still think in imperial measurements most of the time - I guess I'm bilingual!)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #155
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

2 sleeps ( as if I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night). Mostly packed, I can't wait! I've had packages delivered and we rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando. Should I ask for those things at check in ( around noon) or should I wait until we have our room? Maybe I'll get lucky and our room will be ready. Did online check in and sent a fax. Crossing my fingers for some Pixie Dust.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #156
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post

When you check in online which you can do a fairly long time away from your arrival day, you're basically just giving all your info that you would if you were checking in "in-person" at the desk. You still have to go to the front desk but they will have your packet ready with your room keys (even if your room isn't ready yet). It's just a lot quicker.

My only concern about the 9am ADR is if your flight gets delayed for any reason if you are flying don't forget Cape May is $10 charge pp for no shows if you don't cancel the night before BUT even if you show up late you'll be fine-andthey'll work you in.
My flight will be in a week before. We are just staying offsite with a rent a car before our Disney trip starts to check out Orlando and shopping. We will be 15 or so minute drive away. I don't think I will do online check in. Hopefully 7-7:30am doesn't have a great lot checking in the rental last day is our 1st Disney day but I figured it will make getting to Cape May faster so that us why I booked for that morning. Be a great start to our trip we love cape may breakfast.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #157
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post
2 sleeps ( as if I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night). Mostly packed, I can't wait! I've had packages delivered and we rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando. Should I ask for those things at check in ( around noon) or should I wait until we have our room? Maybe I'll get lucky and our room will be ready.
did you rent from them before? I am still needing to rent a stroller (Oct. trip) and they have pretty good rates. Wondering about their service and quality of the stroller . Enjoy your trip!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #158
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
did you rent from them before? I am still needing to rent a stroller (Oct. trip) and they have pretty good rates. Wondering about their service and quality of the stroller . Enjoy your trip!
I haven't used them before. I'll have to let you know how they are.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #159
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Just back from another AMAZING week at Disney!! We stayed at POR for the first 6 nights of our trip - this was my 4th time at POR - before transferring to the Poly for the last night to relax. We'd booked a Standard Room with a request for connecting rooms (we travelled with my friend and her 7 yo DS). 5 Days before we went, I faxed our requests and did not get a response. When we checked in we found we'd been upgraded to a garden view room in Magnolia Terrace, 3rd floor, connecting rooms. Had a GREAT night watching Yeeehaawww Bob ... I'm still singing!!

Let me know if you have any questions!!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #160
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Just back from another AMAZING week at Disney!! We stayed at POR for the first 6 nights of our trip - this was my 4th time at POR - before transferring to the Poly for the last night to relax. We'd booked a Standard Room with a request for connecting rooms (we travelled with my friend and her 7 yo DS). 5 Days before we went, I faxed our requests and did not get a response. When we checked in we found we'd been upgraded to a garden view room in Magnolia Terrace, 3rd floor, connecting rooms. Had a GREAT night watching Yeeehaawww Bob ... I'm still singing!!

Glad you had a great time! How were the buses? We're staying at POR for the first time in Sept. after only staying deluxe and the only thing that concerns me is the buses.

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Honestly I wouldn't change hotel based on busses. It's hit or miss. And I'd rather be on a packed POR bus than a deluxe bus that seems to service 5 hotels on one bus! 90% of the time we had a seat and weren't crammed in. We tended to get to the parks just a hair after they opened and took an afternoon break every day. Leaving the MK after Wishes we had to wait for 3 busses before we finally got onto one. If we stay for fireworks, we usually tend to take a cab back to the hotel instead of waiting with the masses. They are coming out with new busses that have been designed to hold more guests we were told... but not sure when that's happening. I would just bring a little cab money in your pockets every day and if the busses seem insane, just get a cab! Just ENJOY POR.... it's such a beautiful resort! We were pretty far from the main bldg and never once minded it - even with a tired 7 year old after a very long day - because it's such a beautiful resort!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #162
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Bus to MK Strategy

I think I have seen this answered before but can't recall where exactly....We will be driving to the parks with the exception of MK. Requested a mansion building so thinking East Depot......for MK would it be faster to board at another depot?

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #163
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
When we checked in we found we'd been upgraded to a garden view room in Magnolia Terrace, 3rd floor, connecting rooms. Had a GREAT night watching Yeeehaawww Bob ... I'm still singing!!

I think you got the room I am hoping for LOL

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #164
Dimples1973ca
Mouseketeer

Heading back to POR

So excited to be staying at POR Pool view Royal guest room in just 35 days. Originally we were going to be a family of five staying at Poly CL level but due to health reasons my in laws cannot join us. So we switched to Mod, saved enough for the five of us to go on another trip when we are all healthy enough to do so. So excited. Stayed at POFQ and Alligator Bayou in the past. DD is going to love the princess theme. Yippee POR July 2! Here we come!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #165
NokOnHarts
Mouseketeer

I know there is no way to know for sure, but how likely would a family of 4 be able to get AB if booking a standard room? Not sure the $25 per night is worth doing preferred as it's already a stretch to upgrade from a value this trip. I have ALWAYS wanted to try POR AB section (had it booked in 2012 but had to cancel) - but with 2 mansion buildings now royal rooms, do we have a good chance of getting AB if we request it on a standard room booking?? I know priority always goes to a family of 5...
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: