Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Allergies...I don't know how much more I can take...UGH!

I have had sinus issues for over a month. Taking my asthma meds and allergy meds. NOT WORKING!

My teeth even hurt my sinus are so congested. Went to doc on Tues after seeing him on friday and being put on Predisone AGAIN because I can't get straight.

Thanks for letting me whine...no one here really wants to hear me..

I feel like I need a 3 week stay in my bed with nowhere to go!

K
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

In Canada we have a Sinus product by Hyland. This works well for me when use of a Nettie pot or salt spray doesn't. The most important thing is to kill the yeast in your sinus cavities.

Good luck.
NFLDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
low-key
DIS Veteran

I dont get bad until Ragweed season, you know I found that the cheap stuff (store brands) seem to work better for me. Hope your teeth feel better
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
disfan07
DIS Veteran

I hear ya.

Right now for allergies I am taking: Zyrtec in the AM, Allegra in the afternoon, and Benadryl at night. I am using both Zetonna and patanase nasal sprays and patanol eye drops
For asthma I am taking: symbicort 160/4.5 3x day, xoponex nebs 2x day, pulmicort nebs 2xday and xoponex inhaler as needed.

It's ridiculous right now. On top of that, we have a nasty respiratory virus going around which of course I caught earlier this week.

Have they given you antibiotics? You could have a recurring sinus infection that needs antibiotics.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
mtemm
Doubly blessed
Ever just have one of those days?
I occasionally make a split breast for dh

my dh is having an awful time of it right now, too. so much that I finally just closed up the house, put the ac on, and tried to clean as much of the pollen out of the house that I could so he has a "safe place"

hope you are feeling better soon. definitely not fun!
mtemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
MOpGrad2013
DIS Veteran

I don't mind my allergies too much, as long as I can breathe. So, I have nose spray/drops that contain phenylephrine hcl. This is the main decongestant ingredient in most cold meds. CAUTION: Do NOT take this medication if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma...ASK your doctor about it.

Otherwise, I have benedryl at night and a bit of vicks vapor rub.

I agree about checking about a sinus infection. DH uses the nettie pot/ nasal rinse. DS2 uses clear saline at night and we seem to be good in the day.

MOpGrad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
tcufrog
DIS Veteran

I highly recommend Neil Med Sinus Rinse. If you don't start rinsing your sinuses you will continue to be congested. You need to use distilled, filtered or previously boiled water.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Sorry to hear that

I read that taking a hot shower is good for congestion. It certainly made me feel a lot better.

My cat allergy is driving me nuts, but there's nothing I can do really since it was my choice to come here.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
shortbun
Peacenik

We have a filter on our furnace and air conditioner, a filter on every duct blowing air into the house, a huge air cleaner that is top rated running in my son's room, bedding gets changed twice a week and washed on hot, beds and pillows are wrapped in allergen covers and taped, no rugs-wood floors only that are damp mopped, cleaners who do the whole house weekly, much of our furniture is now leather, shoes are left at the door. My son uses an irrigation bottle three times a day with meds in it, takes Xyzal, patanol eye drops and benedryl as soon as a flare up occurs. Luckily, he does not have asthma.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Thanks all! I did go back and get an antibiotic. I feel A LOT better. We had a weather break, cooler and less muggy and I have cleared up a great deal. I haven't had any issues like this in years. Last year I had pnuemonia twice and then since April of last year, not been good since. I was in the hospital for a serious asthma attach over Christmas. No one seems to have a clue what is going on other than for some reason my asthma is out of control. I finally think I have the right meds, or the right combination.

For anyone who may know..singulair. I tried it for a few months but had such horrible headaches they were migraine like and caused vomiting and everything. Within a week of stopping it, no more headaches. Anyone had that happen to them? Did it go away? Honestly, the Singulair worked wonders. I using that Dec, Jan and Feb and that is the best I have felt in over a year. Those darn headaches though were horrible. I couldn't take it. Is there an alternative that you have used?

Kelly
Old 05-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
Thanks all! I did go back and get an antibiotic. I feel A LOT better. We had a weather break, cooler and less muggy and I have cleared up a great deal. I haven't had any issues like this in years. Last year I had pnuemonia twice and then since April of last year, not been good since. I was in the hospital for a serious asthma attach over Christmas. No one seems to have a clue what is going on other than for some reason my asthma is out of control. I finally think I have the right meds, or the right combination.

For anyone who may know..singulair. I tried it for a few months but had such horrible headaches they were migraine like and caused vomiting and everything. Within a week of stopping it, no more headaches. Anyone had that happen to them? Did it go away? Honestly, the Singulair worked wonders. I using that Dec, Jan and Feb and that is the best I have felt in over a year. Those darn headaches though were horrible. I couldn't take it. Is there an alternative that you have used?

Kelly
Yup. Headaches are the main side effect of singular and the main reason people discontinue it. I've tried singular 3 different times and all three times had to stop because of severe headaches. I've never found anything to replace it.

I routinely end up in the hospital two or three time a year for asthma. I'm a frequent flier at the hospital and my pulmonologistS and allergists offices. But for me, we are at the end of the line for treatment unless we try allergy shots again but I went into anaphylaxis twice while doing allergy shots last year so it's not the best option. I NEED xolair but I'm too sick for it...I don't qualify.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
I hear ya.

Right now for allergies I am taking: Zyrtec in the AM, Allegra in the afternoon, and Benadryl at night. I am using both Zetonna and patanase nasal sprays and patanol eye drops
For asthma I am taking: symbicort 160/4.5 3x day, xoponex nebs 2x day, pulmicort nebs 2xday and xoponex inhaler as needed.

It's ridiculous right now. On top of that, we have a nasty respiratory virus going around which of course I caught earlier this week.Have they given you antibiotics? You could have a recurring sinus infection that needs antibiotics.
I am at my wit's end and am wondering if it's allergies....dr asked if I am clearing my throat a lot and yes, I am (he said it's a drip, but I don't notice anything). I am wondering if that virus is what I have. What are the symptoms of that, if I may ask?

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom47 View Post
I am at my wit's end and am wondering if it's allergies....dr asked if I am clearing my throat a lot and yes, I am (he said it's a drip, but I don't notice anything). I am wondering if that virus is what I have. What are the symptoms of that, if I may ask?
Mine were congestion, wheezing, shortness of breath, and cough. I also had a decrease in my oxygen saturation. I don't know if it differs for someone without asthma (not sure if you have asthma or not?).

There was nothing to do but wait it out for me. My pulmonologist increased my maintenance medication dose and increased my use of my rescue inhaler.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Sorry to hear that. Right now, farmers in Mexico are doing a lot of field burning and there is a strong wind out of the south. That is wreaking havoc on many of us here in Texas. It feels a lot like allergies, but it doesn't go away. Lots of coughing and sinus congestion. I hate it.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

That's doesn't describe me. Although I haven't suffered with allergies for years, I know this is the worst year in a long time, so I was wondering if it was allergies or something else. I think the doctor was confused too.
Sounds like a mess though...hope everyone feels better soon.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: