Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #46
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

What a great gift your husband gave you. I had to read that part to my husband!

You had asked where we are staying before, we are going in August to pop with 6,3, and 2 year old girls. Hoping to use a lot of what you did, have a plan but go with what actually works best when there.

Looking forward to hearing your planning. I am also OCD (which drew me to your thread). I am loving all this planning. Anyway great trip report, very entertaining.
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #47
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
What a great gift your husband gave you. I had to read that part to my husband!

You had asked where we are staying before, we are going in August to pop with 6,3, and 2 year old girls. Hoping to use a lot of what you did, have a plan but go with what actually works best when there.

Looking forward to hearing your planning. I am also OCD (which drew me to your thread). I am loving all this planning. Anyway great trip report, very entertaining.
Thank you! Oh the planning was fun! And now I get to do it all over again! I hope you guys have a great trip. I have heard nothing but good things about Pop. I hope u get to hear all about your trip. I love seeing what other OCD planners come up with

My husband is the best! He would get tired of hearing about my planning before hand, but sure did appreciate it when we were there. The other day he had a rough day at work and wanted to look at the new Disney binder, he was a little disappointed I haven't put it together yet. It made me giddy that he enjoyed it that much.
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #48
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Random update on the coffee mug my husband gave me. I still use it every morning. This morning I was drinking my coffee checking my email, when DS crawled up in my lap. He has been less cuddly lately so I was really excited for the snuggle....it turns our he just wanted to look at Mickey and the other Disney characters on my mug. Meh, I'll take it. More reason to use the Mickey mug.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #49
joanne.sear
Earning My Ears

Such a great TR, thank you so much! My DH and I are excited to take our DD back to WDW just after she turns 2 in January, her second trip. Seeing how much your DS got out of it makes me even more excited!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #50
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne.sear View Post
Such a great TR, thank you so much! My DH and I are excited to take our DD back to WDW just after she turns 2 in January, her second trip. Seeing how much your DS got out of it makes me even more excited!
Thanks Joanne! 2 is a great age for Disney!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

I love the little post card Disney sends you after the trip. Today I put some scrapbook paper and an extra frame I had hanging around to good use.

My son was very excited to have Mickey on the wall in his room.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #52
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! You had so many wonderful ideas and tips, and it sounds like you had such a great trip! I especially enjoyed your top 10 list at the end! thank you so very much for sharing it with us! Happy trip planning for your next one! I think I begin planning my next trip when I'm on a trip--can't bear the thought that it's coming to an end!
jenniferreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! You had so many wonderful ideas and tips, and it sounds like you had such a great trip! I especially enjoyed your top 10 list at the end! thank you so very much for sharing it with us! Happy trip planning for your next one! I think I begin planning my next trip when I'm on a trip--can't bear the thought that it's coming to an end!
Thanks Jenn! I am glad you enjoyed it! My husband and I started talking about our next trip while we were still there. It really is hard to let the magic end!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #54
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I loved reading your TR! Your DS is adorable, glad he had lots of Disney fun. We took our first trip to WDW in 2010 and we absolutely fell in love with the place. At this point in time, I cannot imagine going anywhere else.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #55
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
I loved reading your TR! Your DS is adorable, glad he had lots of Disney fun. We took our first trip to WDW in 2010 and we absolutely fell in love with the place. At this point in time, I cannot imagine going anywhere else.
I am so glad you enjoyed it! We are the same way, I was so surprised when DH decided we needed to do this every year, but it such great family time. We both drank the kool ade while there, DH is even counting down the years until DS is older for an adventure by Disney.

You count down looks about as far out as mine, thank goodness for DisBoards! I worry I am wasting time, until DH comes home and says "did you get to do any Disney planning today?" and then I remember he is just as excited as I am!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #56
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

I followed you over from my TR! It seems like you had a great trip!

I totally know what you mean about slowing down and enjoying the little details with a toddler in Disney! They take the smallest detail some times and get so much pleasure out of it. We had been on several trips, we got less done on this one then ever before, but I felt like we really "saw" things we never did before. Its hard to describe, but its pretty awesome!

I also know what you mean about dining with a two year old! Most meal DD was great, but when it took too long...whoa it was awful! I prefered the TS restaurants because you had a table in the a/c waiting for you (most of the time) rather than waiting in line and looking for a table. But we had to order fast and leave as soon as we were finished eating!

Your DH is awesome for that mothers day gift! I told my DH about that he said " you want me to do something like that?" I said of course that is why I told you about that. He said we'll see. So your DH may have inspired mine!

Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to hear about your next one!

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #57
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
I followed you over from my TR! It seems like you had a great trip!

I totally know what you mean about slowing down and enjoying the little details with a toddler in Disney! They take the smallest detail some times and get so much pleasure out of it. We had been on several trips, we got less done on this one then ever before, but I felt like we really "saw" things we never did before. Its hard to describe, but its pretty awesome!

I also know what you mean about dining with a two year old! Most meal DD was great, but when it took too long...whoa it was awful! I prefered the TS restaurants because you had a table in the a/c waiting for you (most of the time) rather than waiting in line and looking for a table. But we had to order fast and leave as soon as we were finished eating!

Your DH is awesome for that mothers day gift! I told my DH about that he said " you want me to do something like that?" I said of course that is why I told you about that. He said we'll see. So your DH may have inspired mine!

Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to hear about your next one!
Thanks for reading! Oh dinning with a two year old!c I am so glad John isn't the only one that gets a little wild father a while! But we still loved the TS restaurants! I noticed on true TR one of you always left with Charlotte while the other paid, that is exactly how we had to work it!

It really was the best gift! Honestly we didn't travel at all the first 5 years of our marriage because we were trying to be extremely frugal and invest heavily, so going to Disney two years in a row is a huge deal! So glad DH caught the Disney bug and the travel bug!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #58
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm late to the party, but I have started reading your trip report. Love it so far!

I have been a mostly SAHM for 15 years. Like you, my former job was pretty analytical. I totally appreciate the organization and details you put into planning your trips!

on your packing.

I have read through your first day at MK.

I love the Cars room and AoA. What a great resort for little ones!

You had a super morning plan at MK!!! Hitting Peter Pan first thing is really the only way to go. We will only ride that first thing, or with a Fast Pass. Possibly worst line in Disney.

on getting rides on PP, Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Pooh!

It cracks me up that your son loves the buses and trains. How did he like the monorail?

Finally- the picture of him at the Plaza is precious! What a great smile!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #59
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm late to the party, but I have started reading your trip report. Love it so far! I have been a mostly SAHM for 15 years. Like you, my former job was pretty analytical. I totally appreciate the organization and details you put into planning your trips! on your packing. I have read through your first day at MK. I love the Cars room and AoA. What a great resort for little ones! You had a super morning plan at MK!!! Hitting Peter Pan first thing is really the only way to go. We will only ride that first thing, or with a Fast Pass. Possibly worst line in Disney. on getting rides on PP, Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Pooh! It cracks me up that your son loves the buses and trains. How did he like the monorail? Finally- the picture of him at the Plaza is precious! What a great smile!

It is nice finding analytical outlets as a SAHM! And thank you! I get such satisfaction out of opening a well ordered suit case!

AoA was perfect for our little family! I would love to stay at beach club when DS is older, but right now AoA is perfect.

I have to give credit to DIS boards and EasyWdW for the touring plan. We were amazed at how smoothly it all went!

He loved the buses so much!! We thought he would just go crazy over the monorail, but honestly he was more impressed with the buses! 2 year olds are funny.

Thank you! We love the Plaza, perhaps in large part because DS loved it so much!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #60
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Loved reading this trip report Love the hotel and so so so need to stay there someday!!!
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: