Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Resort day part 2 - Finding Nemo

I took a lot of photos this afternoon so I will probably break this up into several posts.

When I left off DS had just gone down for a nap and DH and I were taking turns exploring the resort. It wasn't long before we were itching to go to the pool and do some more exploring with DS. Of course that meant DS decided he was going to take a super long nap. Eventually we found a way to make a lot of noise while changing into our swimsuits, and wouldn't you know it DS just happened wake up

We started by waking around the back of the resort towards the playground by the big blue pool.

This is the edge of Nemo area. I love the light posts.

The playground is really just a slide, but that was enough for DS.

We did this for quite sometime.

Then we explored more of the Nemo area.

MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

I got cut off on that last post

Next we explored the splash pad.

Getting sprayed with water is not something DS really enjoys, so after he got a good look at all the creatures we decided to move on.

Next up a few more big blue photos and more of the cars section.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

Loved reading your trip report. We are going for the first time in August, love hearing another1st timers report. Souns silly but I love your snack mixes, great idea!
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
Loved reading your trip report. We are going for the first time in August, love hearing another1st timers report. Souns silly but I love your snack mixes, great idea!
Thank you! I was so glad everything lived up to expectations because we were pretty psyched!

Where are you guys staying? I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #35
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Really cute pics!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Really cute pics!
Thank you! I think the photos we took at the resort are my favorite. My favorites are still to come!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

The Cozy Cone

After we left the splash pad we decided to skip the big blue pool. It was rather noisy and crowded, and if you haven't figured this out by now, we like to avoid crowds. Instead we headed back to our cozy cone pool.

I did snap a few more not so great pictures of the Nemo section and big blue pool.

And hubby got some more photos of the cars section.

When we made it back to our pool we were able to get a cozy cone to rest in between swims.

DS loved this.

This might just be my favorite photo of the trip. It transports me back to a wonderful peaceful afternoon in my cozy cone. It is now my desktop back ground and DH had me print a copy for his office.

After a swim DS sipped on juice while DH and I enjoyed Piña Colava from the drop off.

DS even found things to climb on.

It was all very exciting.

After some time at the pool we visited with the cars some more.

I got a great photo of DS next to his favorite.

We were ready to explore the rest of the resort but needed to pop inside to get our shirts.

Next up, photos of the lion king and little mermaid sections.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #38
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your trip report and thanks for sharing it with all of us! Alot of good ideas! Your little boy is so cute and he looked like he had such a good time!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #39
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I enjoyed your trip report and thanks for sharing it with all of us! Alot of good ideas! Your little boy is so cute and he looked like he had such a good time!
Thank you! He had so much fun. I think I am dragging out the trip report because I don't want to stop reliving the magic
Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
kim712
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the trip report. I really enjoyed it and loved all the pictures. Your son is adorable!
kim712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim712 View Post
Thanks for the trip report. I really enjoyed it and loved all the pictures. Your son is adorable!
Thanks Kim!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #42
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Lion king

After a quick stop at our room we set off to explore more of the resort. We headed for the lion long area, which was kind of creepy. If you are in love with the Lion King you would like this area, personally I am glad we weren't in this section.

The statues were cool.

And DS had fun playing in the bone yards.

We made it through the Lion King section and got to see just how far away the LM section is. This is a complaint I have read a lot about. If you are staying in that section you have to be prepared for a walk.

Next up, photos of the LM section.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #43
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Last Night

After exploring the Lion King area DH went to scrounge up snacks in Landscapes of Flavor while DS and I went on to Little Mermaid. We didn't make it all the way to the Little Mermaid pool but we looked at some of the trinkets along the way.

We walked back along the lake which DS really enjoyed.

Of course we had to visit with the cars some more.

DS spent a long time playing with this window.

For dinner we just ate left over pizza, which was so good it deserves another picture.

Since it was our last night we let DS stay up late and went for a night time walk. We walked over to the "Generation Gap" (the bridge between AoA and Pop) and caught some of the Epcot fireworks.

It was a great way to wind down. We ended the day with some more silliness in the room.

Next up: Saying Goode-Bye
Old 06-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #44
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Here we are, the end

We had a super early start. Our flight left at 8:10, which meant the magic express would pick us up at 5:15!

I spoke to the luggage service and they said we could use the resort check in but we needed to be down there at 4:55! It meant getting down stairs an extra 20 minutes early but it was so worth it. I am supper impressed with Disney's baggage system. It was so nice to be able to check in and bring our bags no further than the lobby.

After checking our bags we took a last walk through animation hall. It was nice to see it so empty.

DS watched some cartoons while we waited.

Unfortunately we had a super long wait because our bus was almost 30 minutes late!

Good bye AoA!

But we made it to the airport with plenty of time.

Of course we used up every bit of that time going through the wrong security line. If you are a newbie like me, learn from our mistake. Orlando has two separate security check in points. It is not like every other airport I have ever flown in where once your trough TSA your good. No, it is possible to go through the supper long TSA line only to discover your airline does not fly out of that end of the airport and you need to leave security to get to the proper side.

Luckily we found a helpful TSA agent who directed us to the employees entrance since our tickets had already been stamped and we had already been through once. We still had to go through security again but we didn't have to wait in line.

We made it to our gate just in time. I don't know where DS got the energy but he was getting the wiggles out while we were on the Tarmac.

The flight was probably the worst flight I have ever been on. It was solid turbulence, and BAD turbulence. The plane would suddenly make drastic drops in altitude. The pilot kept coming on to reassure everyone, and explain the system we were moving through was bad at all altitudes. Can I just say, it is less reassuring when you can hear all kinds of beeping alarm sounding bells in the back ground.

The lady in front of me was reading the safety brochure, the kid behind me was saying "weeee!" DH was gripping the seat, DS was asleep in my lap, I was holding on to Duffy the bear, saying Hail Mary's and trying not to envision the news reel that would surely play when a plane full of families returning for their Disney vacation crashed into the Gulf of Mexico.

I honestly thought this might be it. Unfortunately I fly enough to know it was NOT normal. I flew through I lighting storm once that wasn't that bad.

Eventually we landed. I half expected a cheer to go up. We were that last ones off the plane as usual. DH started talking to the flight attendant. The flight attended told DH it was the worst flight he had been on in 7 years!

After that flight we treated ourselves to a "we survived!" lunch.

This food taste so good because we are not dead!

DS spent the rest of the layover running around and eventually found a cozy spot to rest.

The next flight was not very eventful (thank goodness!)

We made it home and started unpacking while watching our vacation video.

The vacation was over but DH had one more Disney surprise for me.

Up next, my final Disney surprise and the top 10 reasons we love Disney.

Last edited by MeeskaMomma; 06-03-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #45
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

We made it home the day before mother's day. DH and I don't normally do much for things like anniversaries, valentines day or mother's/father's day. It just isn't our style. We do sweet things for each other randomly through out the year, these holidays don't mean much to us so I didn't really expect anything.

During the trip we had periodically talked about things we would like to do again in our net trip, but I kind of envisioned some ambitious date in the future. After all it took us 5 years to go on this trip.

Then on mother's day DH surprise me with this card.

It says "2014 Disney, this check is your 2014 Disney Budget, 7 nights @ cars again"

Best husband ever? I think so.

So with that my trio report has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed it. I read somewhere the best way to get through Disney withdrawal is to plan your next trip. Now that this is done, it is timed to move on to planning Disney 2014. This time I think I will even do a Pre-trip report. If you enjoyed this TR follow along my next PTR.

Crafts, spreadsheets, and pixie dust...oh my!

I hope you guys enjoyed this and found it helpful. I will now leave you with a fun top 10 list.

10 reasons I became a Disney fanatic after one trip

1) Disney is getting us into shape. While I was doing research I ran across something that said you walk on average 14miles a day at WDW. I walk everyday with our son, but my husband has a desk job and hasn't had much time to exercise. We started taking a 2.5 mile walk on the weekend, and not only was it good for us but it gave us some great time to talk about the week. My husband enjoyed the walks so much he kept them up during the week even when he got home after 9 pm. Needless to say he started loosing weight!

2) The fun of planning. Sounds silly but I love planning. Before becoming a stay at home mom I was in finance. I had so much fun making budgets, spreadsheets, and putting together a nice organized trip binder. It gave me some of that orderly satisfaction you don't always get as a stay at home mom (Don't get me wrong I love being at home and there are plenty of other opportunities for OCD like order, but this is the most fun way to let your OCD flourish).

3) Appreciating the way Disney does EVERYTHING right (well almost). My husband is an engineer, and is cursed with a very efficient mind. Situations that only slightly annoy some people REALLY annoy him because he has usually instantly figured out a much more efficient way to do it. Disney does so many things right that there was a lot on the trip (the luggage system, magic Express, resort check in, park entry machines, and the FP system etc.) that were making him positively giddy. One night in our resort he sat back, smiled real big and said "imagine working in procurement for disney! Look at how much of this is single sourced! Imagine the contract negotiations!" (Weird things make him giddy) I think he has a new dream job.

4) Our son's reaction to everything. How could I not include that! I was worried 2 would be to young, but while he probably won't remember it, I really think it helped him grow. Also, we had fun watching him discover everything WDW had to offer and he learned so many new words while we were there!

5) We are more in sync as a family. It is hard to explain but by the end of the trip we just functioned more as team. We anticipate each others needs better and my husband seems more empowered as a father (he even diffused a temper tantrum all by himself).

6) Exposure to families from all over the country and world. Where else can you go and visit with so many families from so many places!

7) Everyone is so friendly! Especially the Disney employees. How to do you have a company so large and keep all the employees so empowered and happy? On a related note, the life guards were the most attentive life guards we have ever seen.

8) The memories. When my husband has a frustrating day we get the Disney binder out, reminisce over our past trip and day dream about our next one. It fixes everything.

9) You get to be a kids again. Everyone knows this, I don't need to explain.

10) You can let your inner geek out. Yes I went the full nine yards, matching shirts, stroller license, custom luggage tags, water bottles etc. My sweet husband humored me with all of this silliness.

We had a great Disney experience. So much so my husband said he never wants to take a non Disney vacation, and with Adventures by Disney we may not have to. I can't wait to return to the cars section of Art of Animation next May.

Last edited by MeeskaMomma; 06-04-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: