Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #121
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Got to POR yesterday at noon. Our room wasn't ready but they told us they couldn't move us because of our requests. We had asked for a fridge and microwave for medical purposes and to be close to the main building and bus with no stairs. We had booked garden veiw. We got pixie dust and got in room 1427. but no fridge or microwave but after talking to a few people we got a new fridge and a microwave. Thank you for all the info here
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #122
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
Got to POR yesterday at noon. Our room wasn't ready but they told us they couldn't move us because of our requests. We had asked for a fridge and microwave for medical purposes and to be close to the main building and bus with no stairs. We had booked garden veiw. We got pixie dust and got in room 1427. but no fridge or microwave but after talking to a few people we got a new fridge and a microwave. Thank you for all the info here
Wow yeah I read your other post that was crazy! If you have further issues or just need some info don't hesitate to let me know.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #123
scard192
DIS Veteran

Checking into FQ on 10/19. requests in reservation are Bldg 4, upper floor, connecting rooms with my sister. I saw a post from someone who was in building 4 recently and she said the noise from the movies was loud in her room.

Did I chose the wrong building? Another Dis'er suggested that bldg 4 was quiet and near the bus stop and food court. We have a garden view booked.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #124
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Checking into FQ on 10/19. requests in reservation are Bldg 4, upper floor, connecting rooms with my sister. I saw a post from someone who was in building 4 recently and she said the noise from the movies was loud in her room.

Did I chose the wrong building? Another Dis'er suggested that bldg 4 was quiet and near the bus stop and food court. We have a garden view booked.
There are some rooms in building 4 fairly close to where the movies as shown, but not all of them. These are quite big buildings don't forget.

I've rarely heard anyone say that the movies have been a problem once the door is shut (and they'll be finished before 10pm anyway).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #125
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

I posted this elsewhere before finding this thread..I think you guys will be able to help me figure this out.

Myself, dh and my nephew have a standard royal room booked (it's the only option i had come up for the free dining & figured the nephew would get a kick out of it).

My son and my Mother are arriving 6 days after us and they are booked in just a regular standard room.

Are there even any regular standard rooms in Oak Manor? I thought there was but maybe they are all royal rooms?

How would I best word my fax to try and get us in at least the same building, I would prefer adjoining or connecting but is there even any chance of that? We would also prefer to be Oak manor as my Mom is elderly and the walking will be a lot for her. So I think Oak manor would be the best location in terms of bus stop/food area/pool.

Given that we are checking in 6 days apart would they even be able to accomodate such a request? Should we each be faxing the same request for our reservations..or would one fax be good?

I wish we would have been both able to book regular standard rooms to avoid the whole difference in room category's!
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013, CB Oct 2014, CS Dec 2014

Last edited by grover; 09-04-2013 at 10:08 PM.
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #126
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Are there even any regular standard rooms in Oak Manor? I thought there was but maybe they are all royal rooms?

How would I best word my fax to try and get us in at least the same building, I would prefer adjoining or connecting but is there even any chance of that? We would also prefer to be Oak manor as my Mom is elderly and the walking will be a lot for her. So I think Oak manor would be the best location in terms of bus stop/food area/pool.
All the rooms in Oak Manor are royal rooms. The best you could do then is that soom of the rooms in Oak Manor are pretty close to some of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #127
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
All the rooms in Oak Manor are royal rooms. The best you could do then is that soom of the rooms in Oak Manor are pretty close to some of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace.
Thanks for clarifying that.

So now that i know I have to request the two diff buildings..is it possible for me for to request this even though we are checking in 6 days apart? Should we both fax?
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013, CB Oct 2014, CS Dec 2014

grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #128
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I am sooo not good at waiting! You said to put requests in 3-5 days before arrival, I waited until it was after midnight, so technically it is 5 days before I just knew this weekend would be maddening, have to be in 2 states in one day and with all the driving, I knew I'd forget this minor planning detail. Not really concerned with the type of room we'll get, just feels like it's one extra thing to do to help us get excited that WE ARE GOING to DISNEY!!! My kids are all teenagers and I've had to sit through Tangled, Little Mermaid, and three other films just this week b/c my daughter wants to make sure we're in the Disney spirit for our upcoming trip...I almost have all the words to a Tangled song down much to my son's chagrin... Thanks for this thread and for helping those of us with planning uberitis manage our crazy need to Disneyfy everything!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #129
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Thanks for clarifying that.

So now that i know I have to request the two diff buildings..is it possible for me for to request this even though we are checking in 6 days apart? Should we both fax?
I recommend both faxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I am sooo not good at waiting! You said to put requests in 3-5 days before arrival, I waited until it was after midnight, so technically it is 5 days before I just knew this weekend would be maddening, have to be in 2 states in one day and with all the driving, I knew I'd forget this minor planning detail. Not really concerned with the type of room we'll get, just feels like it's one extra thing to do to help us get excited that WE ARE GOING to DISNEY!!! My kids are all teenagers and I've had to sit through Tangled, Little Mermaid, and three other films just this week b/c my daughter wants to make sure we're in the Disney spirit for our upcoming trip...I almost have all the words to a Tangled song down much to my son's chagrin... Thanks for this thread and for helping those of us with planning uberitis manage our crazy need to Disneyfy everything!
Yeah me either. Yeah we are all like that with Disney Stuff everywhere in the house almost all of the time. No problem that is what I enjoy, to help guests day in and day out make their trips as magical as can be!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #130
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank you for your advice and to let you know we got the building we requested! We were thrilled and are enjoying our stay immensely! We LOVE the CMs at French Quarter...the ones we see as we'll as the ones we don't see! Thanks again for your help!!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #131
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I just wanted to thank you for your advice and to let you know we got the building we requested! We were thrilled and are enjoying our stay immensely! We LOVE the CMs at French Quarter...the ones we see as we'll as the ones we don't see! Thanks again for your help!!
Glad to hear this. I hope you all have a very magical stay!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #132
jsanto79
Earning My Ears

Hi...we are arriving at POR Oct.2-8th originally booked a standard royal guest suite because the garden view was unavailable. I would prefer to not get a parking lot view. Is it ok to request an upgrade to a garden view, corner room and not on the first floor? Would they even consider a river view room for me? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Oh and we have friends (family of 4) that have booked a regular standard room that we'd like to be close to.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
jsanto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #133
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanto79 View Post
Hi...we are arriving at POR Oct.2-8th originally booked a standard royal guest suite because the garden view was unavailable. I would prefer to not get a parking lot view. Is it ok to request an upgrade to a garden view, corner room and not on the first floor? Would they even consider a river view room for me? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Oh and we have friends (family of 4) that have booked a regular standard room that we'd like to be close to.
When you fax, tell them that when you originally booked, the other categories were not available. Ask if any availability might have come up in the meantime and say you'd love to upgrade to avoid a parking lot view and be closer to the river if possible. Mention that you'd be happy to pay the difference in price if there is one of course. Do not fax before 5 days out as that's when they can start looking at discretionary category switches depending on availability.

You and your friends should already have arranged to link your bookings in the reservation system, but you can also add a mention of that in your fax too, to ask if you could be located somewhere fairly nearby to each other (e.g. Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace). There have even been occasions where people have been given pixie dust Royal upgrades to get rooms closer together, but best not to count on this (also best not to ask for it directly).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #134
jsanto79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

When you fax, tell them that when you originally booked, the other categories were not available. Ask if any availability might have come up in the meantime and say you'd love to upgrade to avoid a parking lot view and be closer to the river if possible. Mention that you'd be happy to pay the difference in price if there is one of course. Do not fax before 5 days out as that's when they can start looking at discretionary category switches depending on availability.

You and your friends should already have arranged to link your bookings in the reservation system, but you can also add a mention of that in your fax too, to ask if you could be located somewhere fairly nearby to each other (e.g. Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace). There have even been occasions where people have been given pixie dust Royal upgrades to get rooms closer together, but best not to count on this (also best not to ask for it directly).

Andre
Thank you for the suggestions! I will cross my fingers and hope for some magic!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #135
jsanto79
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will keep you posted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: