Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #91
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
In the fax, is it better to ask for a building # and say why, or just say what you want to be closest to? For us, the view is not important, we just want to be as close to the lobby/buses as possible. And I know it's just a request, no guarantees, but do most people end up getting what they asked for?
By all means ask for a building number if you wish, but do make sure you tell them why you want it. I'd suggest doing reason first, and then a building number as an example. That way if there's a better option in another building you might get it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #92
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
In the fax, is it better to ask for a building # and say why, or just say what you want to be closest to? For us, the view is not important, we just want to be as close to the lobby/buses as possible. And I know it's just a request, no guarantees, but do most people end up getting what they asked for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
By all means ask for a building number if you wish, but do make sure you tell them why you want it. I'd suggest doing reason first, and then a building number as an example. That way if there's a better option in another building you might get it.

Andre
Yeah what he said lol. If it ends up being a reason of closeness to something or a view of something you hope to be able to see, then that should be listed first. Then state the building that you would hope for then it is always good to have a back up building or room choices to show them you aren't too picky lol.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #93
miklaur
Earning My Ears

I would like to first say thank you to all who contribute to these threads and make things so much easier for the rest of us. Venom and Andre, thanks just don't seem to be enough...

I sent my fax in on Monday to POR. We arrive on 8/8. I received a confirmation fax back from my fax service stating it was sent successfully. Should I be looking for something from the resort as well or will we just see if we receive a little extra pixie dust when we arrive? We are so blessed that our family of 4 trip has turned into an extended family of 8 trip that we are determined that if we are not sprinkled with the extra magic, it will not hamper our vacation in any way.

Thank you all again. I am hoping to be able to pay this kindness forward once we return from our trip!

Have a great day!
Laurie

miklaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #94
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
I sent my fax in on Monday to POR. We arrive on 8/8. I received a confirmation fax back from my fax service stating it was sent successfully. Should I be looking for something from the resort as well
Not necessarily, no. Sometimes people get email replies, but I guess it depends on how busy things are.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #95
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

We're coming up on our first stay at POFQ in about two weeks and I can't wait!!! We did book a garden view room because we had the Free Dining PIN and couldn't use it with a standard room. Honestly, view isn't that important to us, but I'm sure it will be nice. Since we're used to values and schlepping to our room, the small size of POFQ is really appealing. We decided not to put in any requests because all the buildings seem to have advantages--closer to bus/food, closer to POR for a walk there, closer to water, closer to pool, etc. We decided to leave it to the room assignment powers-that-be and be happy wherever we end up! We did ask for an upper floor, just to avoid foot traffic outside our room.

But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge. Our previous stays were at values before they had fridges, so I know the cooler/ice thing all too well! Having a fridge was a luxury we were looking forward to (Yes, we're easy to please!). Is sending a fax for this request reasonable? Since we're not making any other requests, and I'd even give up the upper floor preference, do you think faxing a request for a fridge would help our chances?

I see so many people asking for a specific location, even specific rooms, and getting them. We're being wide open as to where we end up--just want the fridge! That should be easy enough, right? Please tell me I'm right!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #96
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
We're coming up on our first stay at POFQ in about two weeks and I can't wait!!! We did book a garden view room because we had the Free Dining PIN and couldn't use it with a standard room. Honestly, view isn't that important to us, but I'm sure it will be nice. Since we're used to values and schlepping to our room, the small size of POFQ is really appealing. We decided not to put in any requests because all the buildings seem to have advantages--closer to bus/food, closer to POR for a walk there, closer to water, closer to pool, etc. We decided to leave it to the room assignment powers-that-be and be happy wherever we end up! We did ask for an upper floor, just to avoid foot traffic outside our room.

But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge. Our previous stays were at values before they had fridges, so I know the cooler/ice thing all too well! Having a fridge was a luxury we were looking forward to (Yes, we're easy to please!). Is sending a fax for this request reasonable? Since we're not making any other requests, and I'd even give up the upper floor preference, do you think faxing a request for a fridge would help our chances?

I see so many people asking for a specific location, even specific rooms, and getting them. We're being wide open as to where we end up--just want the fridge! That should be easy enough, right? Please tell me I'm right!
(Wrong Thread Posting on my behalf)

Last edited by Venomhatch; 08-09-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #97
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I think you may be looking for the POFQ thread. This one is for Riverside.

Here is the POFQ Q&A Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2924189
Ummm...isn't this the fax thread for both resorts?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #98
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Ummm...isn't this the fax thread for both resorts?
Sorry your right. I just woke up and had emails to this one and POR Q&A threads and thought I was in the other one. My bad, so what can I help you with on your fax?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #99
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge.
Yes, send a fax requesting a fridge if possible. POFQ is currently up to around 50% of rooms having working fridges, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to accommodate your request if they know it's a priority for you.

Andre

Old 08-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #100
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Sorry your right. I just woke up and had emails to this one and POR Q&A threads and thought I was in the other one. My bad, so what can I help you with on your fax?
No worries--I know what it's like to try to do anything pre-coffee!!!

I'm just wondering if it's appropriate, given the current situation, to send a fax request for a room with a fridge. As I mentioned, we're not at all picky otherwise and will be happy anywhere we end up. But would really, really like a fridge in the room. I know it's a little different than the usual room request things about location or view, but thought it might be a step toward getting a room with a working fridge. What do you think?

Thanks! And Good Morning!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #101
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, send a fax requesting a fridge if possible. POFQ is currently up to around 50% of rooms having working fridges, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to accommodate your request if they know it's a priority for you.

Andre
We must have been typing at the same time! Thank you so much! I'll send my request next week--glad to hear they've got that many rooms with fridge now!

Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #102
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

I'm getting ready to send in my fax request (arriving in 9 days!), but have never done anything like this before. Would you guys who have had success with this take a look at what I wrote and see if you think it will work? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Good Day Cast Member!

On Sunday, August 25th, my family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are very, very excited about our trip, since this will be our first time staying at your resort. We’ve been on several Disney trips and always stayed at one of the value resorts—lovely themselves, but we can’t wait to see your resort!

One of the things we were very excited about was having a refrigerator in our room. I do understand there’s been issues with some of them and for safety reasons they’re being replaced. I totally understand and appreciate Disney’s commitment to guest safety. However, if at all possible, we’d like to request a room with a working refrigerator. We’re not at all picky about what room or even what building you’re able to put us in. We have booked a Garden View room and will be perfectly happy with any location at your resort. We had originally requested an upper floor room, and that would still be a preference, but we’d be more than willing to forego that for a room with a working refrigerator.

We realize this is only a request and it’s impossible to fulfill every guest’s every wish, but if there’s anything that could be done to give us a room with a refrigerator, we’d truly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your assistance. We are counting the days until our visit from August 25th to August 31st!

Sincerely,

Old 08-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #103
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli
I'm getting ready to send in my fax request (arriving in 9 days!), but have never done anything like this before. Would you guys who have had success with this take a look at what I wrote and see if you think it will work? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Good Day Cast Member!

On Sunday, August 25th, my family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World and staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are very, very excited about our trip, since this will be our first time staying at your resort. We’ve been on several Disney trips and always stayed at one of the value resorts—lovely themselves, but we can’t wait to see your resort!

One of the things we were very excited about was having a refrigerator in our room. I do understand there’s been issues with some of them and for safety reasons they’re being replaced. I totally understand and appreciate Disney’s commitment to guest safety. However, if at all possible, we’d like to request a room with a working refrigerator. We’re not at all picky about what room or even what building you’re able to put us in. We have booked a Garden View room and will be perfectly happy with any location at your resort. We had originally requested an upper floor room, and that would still be a preference, but we’d be more than willing to forego that for a room with a working refrigerator.

We realize this is only a request and it’s impossible to fulfill every guest’s every wish, but if there’s anything that could be done to give us a room with a refrigerator, we’d truly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your assistance. We are counting the days until our visit from August 25th to August 31st!

Sincerely,
I would suggest:

Refrigerator
Top floor.

You lost me halfway through the "novelette".
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #104
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I would suggest:

Refrigerator
Top floor.

Guess I was going by the example in the first post which seemed to give a lot of details. Is that not the best way to do it?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #105
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:

Good Day Cast Member!

Sincerely,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I would suggest:

Refrigerator
Top floor.

Quote:
Guess I was going by the example in the first post which seemed to give a lot of details. Is that not the best way to do it?
I would go with what you said and Missytara. Sounds good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: