Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #76
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineClermont View Post
We are a couple visiting August 9-13th, Paid for King bed, and would love a quiet room with a nice river view ( we don't mind upper level if we get a better view). At night, we like our room the darkest possible. We really love the layout of the mansion rooms.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I should ask in my room request?

thank you very much!
From the site it says: King BedL Views of Landscaping, Courtyard, Garden, Bayou, Riverfront or Courtyard Pool, which could be anywhere, nearly.

I guess I'd simply request what you mention. You have a reservation for a King room which you'd like to request be located quietly with a river view.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #77
JasmineClermont
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post

From the site it says: King BedL Views of Landscaping, Courtyard, Garden, Bayou, Riverfront or Courtyard Pool, which could be anywhere, nearly.

I guess I'd simply request what you mention. You have a reservation for a King room which you'd like to request be located quietly with a river view.
Does anybosy have any room number to suggest? The focal point for me is the view.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #78
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anybosy have any room number to suggest? The focal point for me is the view.

You check out the maps: http://portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.phpbut I would hesitate to recommend specific room numbers. You can request a view of the river as your primary request... that makes it easier to fulfill a request.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #79
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
You check out the maps: http://portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php but I would hesitate to recommend specific room numbers. You can request a view of the river as your primary request... that makes it easier to fulfill a request.
Exactly. If you request a specific room number and it's not available, they're not going to know what a suitable substitute would be.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #80
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No one can tell you which building would be best for you without knowing what you want, what your family preferences are. Better to request what features you want rather than a specific building to be honest, as different parts of each of the buildings have different pros and cons.

Andre

Thanks so much this was just what I needed to hear and I found the post and called to make sure I had my request in my reservation. the CM on the phone was so great when I asked for it and said they really try hard to accommodate them when possible
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #81
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can pay extra for the river view you want and that way be assured of getting it. I'm wondering if you can get a river view just by requesting it if it's a category you can purchase? I hope you get want you want. We've had a river view and it was lovely! And very quiet. Never met another person going to or from our room.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #82
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
You can pay extra for the river view you want and that way be assured of getting it. I'm wondering if you can get a river view just by requesting it if it's a category you can purchase?
The OP has already booked a King Bed room, and that category does happen to include some rooms which overlook the river. You can't book River View and request a king bed though, as it doesn't work that way round. See my building floorplans, linked from my maps page.

My general suggestion, as always, is to fax with details of what you'd like from your room, rather than asking for specific room numbers (except by way of example to illustrate your point). For example, ask for "river view, preferably mansion building, fairly close to the main building if possible (for example, something like rooms 80xx or 85xx)".

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #83
JasmineClermont
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

The OP has already booked a King Bed room, and that category does happen to include some rooms which overlook the river. You can't book River View and request a king bed though, as it doesn't work that way round. See my building floorplans, linked from my maps page.

My general suggestion, as always, is to fax with details of what you'd like from your room, rather than asking for specific room numbers (except by way of example to illustrate your point). For example, ask for "river view, preferably mansion building, fairly close to the main building if possible (for example, something like rooms 80xx or 85xx)".

Andre
Thank you Andre that is very helpful!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #84
acribbs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------

And most of all relax, your at Disney World![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Can you suggest some room numbers for my family? We've booked a Royal Garden view...if you know of any good rooms, I'd appreciate your input - we're first timers!! I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor.

I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?

PS: what was crawling in the drawers?

Last edited by acribbs; 07-11-2013 at 01:29 AM.
acribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #85
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acribbs View Post
I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor. I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?
Then you probably should request a quiet room on an upper floor, rather than a specific room number which might well already be occupied. This may mean a room a little further away from the main buildings, but the resort is so small that no room is more than about a five minute walk from the facilities anyway.

Corner rooms are very popular because as they have two exterior walls, giving them a second window which makes the room lighter and feel more airy.

See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for lots more thoughts on room locations and requests.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #86
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by acribbs View Post
Can you suggest some room numbers for my family? We've booked a Royal Garden view...if you know of any good rooms, I'd appreciate your input - we're first timers!! I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor.

I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?

PS: what was crawling in the drawers?
Yeah Ill send you a PM here in a few minutes. I am just getting up now.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #87
jcchicago
Mouseketeer

Don't want to lose track of this page...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #88
Bortolossi
Mouseketeer

Sending a reuest to POR

Hi Yall,

We have a trip coming up on Sept 20-29 at POR. We will be 4 adults, 1 child and 1 Infant there. We paid for preferred room because of the girls, stroller and bags. We always use Disney transportation to go anywhere (Parks, resorts and DD). My question is if its possible to have a preferred room close to the pool, transportation and food court all at once. I know we are going to stay at Alligator Bayou because the occupancy (they have the fold-down ‘Murphy’ style bed). It's true that the corner rooms are bigger than the others?
I just want to have the best room possible for my family!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Bortolossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #89
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
My question is if its possible to have a preferred room close to the pool, transportation and food court all at once. It's true that the corner rooms are bigger than the others?
All of the preferred rooms are close to everything, that's the whole point of them. Some are a little closer than others of course - 14 gives you about the best access for food court, bus stop and main pool. 18 is better for the quiet pool. But you won't go far wrong in any of them. See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for maps are more ideas.

Corner rooms are exactly the same size as non-corner ones, they just tend to feel a bit more airy due to the extra window.

Andre

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #90
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

In the fax, is it better to ask for a building # and say why, or just say what you want to be closest to? For us, the view is not important, we just want to be as close to the lobby/buses as possible. And I know it's just a request, no guarantees, but do most people end up getting what they asked for?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: