Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #766
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Just got off the phone with the Room Manager today and this is first hand info from his lips to the post here. 5-7 days is average best time to send. If you arrive on either Sunday or Monday I would use 7 days out. But if you are arrving on any other day 5 days out is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Just sent my building request yesterday (our 5 day mark)! I can't wait to see where we are placed.

Thank you so much for having this thread. It is very helpful.
No problem, I created it to be used for its tips and suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
I think we can do online check in at 30 or 60 days, right? Should we still do that if we are intending on sending a fax at the 5 day mark? Thank you
Yeah you can still do online check in. That wont mess anything up.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #767
wizneather78
Mouseketeer

Hi all! We will be checking in to POR for our WDW trip Sept. 16-21st! We are soooo very excited! I'm now doing some research regarding the room request fax. We have booked a Royal Room (standard view). I'm going to include in my request (that I'll send around 9/11) that we'd like a 1st floor room and a corner room, perhaps. I'd also like to be close(ish) to the food court.

Any experienced Royal Room guests here have any good room locations or suggestions for me to include in my letter? Like I mentioned, I really only want to focus on being on the 1st floor and closer to the food court. We'll have our 4year old daughter with us, so I'd like to minimize walking at the resort as much as possible!!

Thanks for ALL OF THE GREAT INFO posted here!! I enjoy reading the past posts!!

Adele
wizneather78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #768
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizneather78 View Post
Hi all! We will be checking in to POR for our WDW trip Sept. 16-21st! We are soooo very excited! I'm now doing some research regarding the room request fax. We have booked a Royal Room (standard view). I'm going to include in my request (that I'll send around 9/11) that we'd like a 1st floor room and a corner room, perhaps. I'd also like to be close(ish) to the food court.

Any experienced Royal Room guests here have any good room locations or suggestions for me to include in my letter? Like I mentioned, I really only want to focus on being on the 1st floor and closer to the food court. We'll have our 4year old daughter with us, so I'd like to minimize walking at the resort as much as possible!!

Thanks for ALL OF THE GREAT INFO posted here!! I enjoy reading the past posts!!

Adele
Well that I am sure is possible to accommodate. But with a standard view you wouldn't be too close to the foot bridge that leads to the food court/main building. But that is not to be a rain cloud on your sunny day by any means. Both the Royal Buildings are not more than 3-5 minute walk at a leisurely pace. I made it in 40 secs running lol and dodging guests. All of what your asking is reasonable requests. I wouldn't go to far to list specific room numbers, that may be a little harder to achieve. But asking what you have asked and just keep it simple, address the requests you would like, mention anything you are celebrating, first visits, birthdays, anniversaries, etc and I am sure the magic will show. By all means use the fax thread I have to help you out in your process, and if you need any help feel free to message me or post in that thread also.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #769
lmhannah516
Earning My Ears

Hello! I am a long time lurker, first-time poster. We have a reservation for a pool view room at POFQ for 8/24-8/30. I will be faxing over my room request letter next Tuesday. I would like to request building 5, top floor, corner room but I am afraid it might seem like too many requests. Building 5 and top floor are most important to me. Should I take out my corner room request? Thank you for your kind help!!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #770
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhannah516 View Post
Hello! I am a long time lurker, first-time poster. We have a reservation for a pool view room at POFQ for 8/24-8/30. I will be faxing over my room request letter next Tuesday. I would like to request building 5, top floor, corner room but I am afraid it might seem like too many requests. Building 5 and top floor are most important to me. Should I take out my corner room request? Thank you for your kind help!!
I actually think you will be ok with all of the requests you mentioned. Some actually try to go for specific room numbers. Now that is harder to achieve.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #771
lmhannah516
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I actually think you will be ok with all of the requests you mentioned. Some actually try to go for specific room numbers. Now that is harder to achieve.
Thank you so much!! °o°
Old 08-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #772
rosie49ers80
Earning My Ears

We got here first thing Monday morning and when they told us our room wasn't ready I wasn't surprised but our mansion room, 1st floor request was being met I didn't care. We had parks and ADRs. lol Only glitch was when we finally got back to the resort around 5 I still hadn't gotten a text. Checked at the desk, got our room number and off we went.
I consider our location perfect! Pool view in Magnolia Terr, exactly half way between the parking lot and main path. Best part, I consider it a little pixie dust is foot bridge to Ole Man Island is at the end of our corridor. And the East bus stop isn't too far either.

Thank you Venom for proofing my request letter. I really appreciated it.
2006-MK day trip
2007-Boardwalk stay
2008-All Stars Music
2012-POR Riverside Royal Rooms
2013-POR Riverside Royal Room
2014-POR Riverside Pool View
rosie49ers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #773
hbrc2125
Earning My Ears

Hello!
My SO and I will be staying at POR in 11 days! I have already done online check-in, but was thinking about possibly sending in a fax room request. It is just the two of us and as of right now, we have a Garden View room booked. Assuming that this means we will automatically get 2 queen beds, how would be go about requesting a king bed? Understandably, I am expecting a surcharge for the change, but that isn't something that can happen through fax.

I'm using the touringplans.com room viewer feature and when i choose 'Garden View-2 queen beds' the only buildings that light up are Magnolia Bend buildings 80 and 85, but when I choose 'Garden View- King bed' those 2 buildings light up along with about 8 Alligator Bayou buildings.

Would it be best to just wait until we get to the resort to see if we can manage to get into a King bed room? And should we try and get into one of the Magnolia Bend buildings or the Alligator Bayou buildings?

So many questions!! Thank you in advance though! The trip is quickly approaching and i'm getting antsy
hbrc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #774
ree1064
Mouseketeer

Do you want comfort or being close to lobby

DVC Member since 2001
VWL/BCV/SSRS &THV
Love anything Disney.....you should see my classroom!!
THREE TRIPS THIS YEAR!!! 8/14--POR 9/14 SSR AND 1/15 BCV
ree1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #775
ree1064
Mouseketeer

We were in building 80 and was in good proximity to all including North Bus Depot

DVC Member since 2001
VWL/BCV/SSRS &THV
Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #776
hbrc2125
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree1064 View Post
We were in building 80 and was in good proximity to all including North Bus Depot
Thanks for your reply! Good to know.
In the end, I think that being closer to the buses and pools will be more important. But I was just kind of hoping to not have an extra unused bed in the room! (plus, who wouldn't want a bigger bed?!?!)
I suppose it never hurts to ask once we get there
hbrc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #777
ree1064
Mouseketeer

Send your fax 5 days before arrival to make requests!
We did that and ALL requests honored!

DVC Member since 2001
VWL/BCV/SSRS &THV
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #778
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Thank you ree for replying to them! I would still send the fax with your reservation number on it when you do. If you have an area you want to be in make sure you add that to the request fax.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #779
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well actually, according to Andre's map at portorleans.org, there's only 2 rooms in building 5 that are top floor, corner and pool view.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #780
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Well actually, according to Andre's map at portorleans.org, there's only 2 rooms in building 5 that are top floor, corner and pool view.
This is true. But POFQ doesn't see the amount of requests POR does. I don't think POFQ guests know about room request faxes as much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: