Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #736
DarlingDumbo

Mouseketeer

Do you just fax the request sheet or do you include a cover sheet?
Old 08-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #737
Goofy1414
Earning My Ears

Awesome thank you for the tip . I will send a fax with a request for something near pool area my daughter will especially love this
Goofy1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #738
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlingDumbo View Post
Do you just fax the request sheet or do you include a cover sheet?
I usually do a cover sheet also. On it the usual stuff but adding, "Attention Room Assignment Team", how many pages, contact info, reservation number (s) if you have more than one, etc...
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #739
Jadyreen1282
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1414 View Post
Awesome thank you for the tip . I will send a fax with a request for something near pool area my daughter will especially love this
If you booked "pool" view you'd be guaranteed near a pool.

1977 Days Inn (I was 12)-1983 Just passing through on Spring Break-1985 Contemporary-1989 Disney Village(Grosvenor)-1996 Disney Village (Lake Buena Vista Resort)-1997 Dixie Landings-1999 Dixie Landings-2001 Off Site-2010 Port Orleans Riverside-2012 Port Orleans Riverside-2014 Port Orleans Riverside (Aug 2014 coming up!)
Jadyreen1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #740
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyreen1282 View Post
If you booked "pool" view you'd be guaranteed near a pool.
Yeah that would be a great location actually. Foot bridge to everything is right by the pool area! Oh and I like you BuzzTron!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #741
stky6
Whereabouts Unknown

We are heading down in about two weeks for our 24th anniversary. We are hoping for a room in the Alligator Bayou area close to the parking lot as we will be using a car to get around...also we'll have our two teenagers ages 15 and 17 with us so the extra bed would help with their sleeping arrangements , our 15 year old is pretty short so she would fit fine on the extra bed. Which buildings would be the best to request for this?

Thanks

Fort Wilderness August 2008

Universal (Left the kids with Grammy because we wanted to check out Universal to make sure they would like it before we took them there trip ) 2009

Watch our son march in the parade with Ross Marching Band 2013

August 2014 Disney/Universal
stky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #742
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stky6 View Post
We are heading down in about two weeks for our 24th anniversary. We are hoping for a room in the Alligator Bayou area close to the parking lot as we will be using a car to get around...also we'll have our two teenagers ages 15 and 17 with us so the extra bed would help with their sleeping arrangements , our 15 year old is pretty short so she would fit fine on the extra bed. Which buildings would be the best to request for this? Thanks
Check out www.portorleans.org for AB locations. You are only guaranteed an AB room if you booked preferred. That's what DH & I do since we only use WDW transportation & like to be close to everything else. Our car stays parked our entire trip.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #743
DashforCash
Earning My Ears

Hello all. I am planning for my family of 6 and looking at POR -FQ . Would I be able request adjoining rooms in either of these buildings? I would put my 4 kiddos in one room and hubby and I in another, but I want a door open between them. I am leaning more towards FQ because of the easy access to the bus stop, but would consider anything. We are traveling in February, so I am not concerned about pools. We have been before and stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at SS, however, the price for SS is thousands more than 2 rooms at POR, so we are trying something new!
DashforCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #744
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashforCash View Post
Hello all. I am planning for my family of 6 and looking at POR -FQ . Would I be able request adjoining rooms in either of these buildings? I would put my 4 kiddos in one room and hubby and I in another, but I want a door open between them. I am leaning more towards FQ because of the easy access to the bus stop, but would consider anything. We are traveling in February, so I am not concerned about pools. We have been before and stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at SS, however, the price for SS is thousands more than 2 rooms at POR, so we are trying something new!
You can do connecting rooms, just make sure to note that you need that in your reservation. You can also send in my request fax that I have listed at the beginning of this thread and state that in there. Also worst case scenario when you show up to check in you can double check with them at Front Desk about the connecting rooms. I agree SSR is nice but went up this year $$$!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #745
DashforCash
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You can do connecting rooms, just make sure to note that you need that in your reservation. You can also send in my request fax that I have listed at the beginning of this thread and state that in there. Also worst case scenario when you show up to check in you can double check with them at Front Desk about the connecting rooms. I agree SSR is nice but went up this year $$$!
Thank you very much! Yes, the prices increased hugely! Our package three years ago was $7200. The same package is now over $12K. Craziness.
DashforCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #746
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Do you know if they would accept a fax request for a reservation booked through Orbitz? I can't even get online check-in to work for our trip in October for some reason.

We have two rooms, one Royal Room and one regular Garden View, I'm hoping I can get them in Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace so we won't be spread out over the whole place.

I'm assuming that if I call, they'll tell me Orbitz has to make the request. Which I may try as well, but not sure how much I can trust them to take care of it, lol! Would a fax direct from me be looked at and considered?

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #747
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Advice on this fax??

Any advice on this fax request? I feel like I'm saying too much but I'm not sure how else to word it. I don't want to sound like I'm asking for an upgrade for my brother. If one were given that would be great, but really we just want our rooms to be close together:

Good Morning!

On August 15th, my husband and I and my brother and his family, will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. As we have two room reservations and are traveling together, we would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a few requests on room location. My room reservation is for a Royal Room Garden View while my brother’s reservation is for a Standard Room Garden View. We booked through a travel agent and there is a request locked in for adjoining rooms. I understand this may not be possible as we don’t both have Royal Rooms. But we would very much like to have rooms as close together as possible so my niece and nephew can visit our room during the trip without walking too far. Also, we are celebrating 4 birthday’s this trip! My sister-in-law’s, my brother’s, my nephew’s and my husband’s, so we would like to be close to each other so we can celebrate together.
It would be very magical to receive any pixie dust at all possible to accommodate our requests. We understand that these are requests only but if you could help to the best of your abilities it would be greatly appreciated. We will be arriving at your resort very soon and cannot wait to enjoy another stay at this very special resort.
*Buildings Requested Oak Building (####) & Magnolia Building (####)
*Paid For Royal Room w/Garden View (#####) & Standard Room w/Garden View (####)
*Other Room Requests We are all light sleepers so if both rooms could be on the top floor so we are not woken by passing traffic that would be wonderful
If you have time, could you please send an email or call to confirm you received our fax okay?
Thank you again!

Sincerely,

NAMES
Home Address: ADDRESS
Home Phone: ###-###-####
Email: EMAIL

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!
Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #748
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
Any advice on this fax request? I feel like I'm saying too much but I'm not sure how else to word it. I don't want to sound like I'm asking for an upgrade for my brother. If one were given that would be great, but really we just want our rooms to be close together:
It looks good. Honesty is the best approach. I would just mention you were really hoping to try and get the rooms next to each other or as close as possible together. If they know the reasons in your fax they will try to help you the best they can.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #749
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
It looks good. Honesty is the best approach. I would just mention you were really hoping to try and get the rooms next to each other or as close as possible together. If they know the reasons in your fax they will try to help you the best they can.
Thanks a bunch!!!

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!
Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #750
hockeymom519
Earning My Ears

We have reservations for a Garden View room at POFQ Sept 20-27. I'm thinking we want 3rd floor and something close to the main building/buses. It's our first time at POFQ. I haven't done online check in because it doesn't give 3rd floor as an option. I'd like to have a nice view when we open our door and not just a tree top right in front of us. Any thoughts on any requests? TIA!
hockeymom519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: