Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #721
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candis857 View Post
We are staying at POR in late October 2014 party of five. Three adults and two children 6&9. We had to pay for a pool view this being the only rooms left with our pin codes ( free dinning starting Oct 19). What are some special request recommend as far as room location goes and upgrades for a party of five?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
A party of five will be assigned to Alligator Bayou for the murphy bed, so not mansions or Royal Rooms.

I suggested in another thread that requesting building 18 would be a good choice, as there are six Pool View rooms there which are all very nicely located for access to main areas and buses.

Andre
If you notice they say rooms. Maybe a mistake I don't know. If they are staying in one room then I agree with you.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #722
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
If you notice they say rooms.
LOL, that's a stretch... They say "pay for a pool view", as those were the only room types available under the PIN code - i.e. I read it as many rooms available, but they only booked one of them.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-30-2014 at 09:23 AM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #723
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
LOL, that's a stretch... They say "pay a pool view", as those were the only rooms available under the PIN code - i.e. I read it as many rooms available, but they only booked one of them.

Andre
No worries I saw this, "the only rooms left". Its early here. Well 9am but earlier than I want to be moving around.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #724
Candis857
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well this thread is just to try and request to be near certain areas, pools, river, gardens, etc. Also not near parking lots etc, or to be as close as possible to main building amenities. Details like that. It isn't to get "Free" upgrades, even though it tends to happen by the way of a little pixie dust thanks to a CM here, cough cough, and an awesome Management team at POR. As to room location options, well with your groups ages, you have open possibilities to location on the resort. If you didn't pay for Royal Guest Themed rooms then you can be most likely in the mansions and or if they want to assign you to Alligator Bayou, you could be there also. But, unlikely as they save that usually for groups of 5 in one room. If I were to suggest some requests I would need to know more about if you have a regular room or royal, or if you have preferred. Let me know and Ill see what to suggest.
We have a party of five and I paid for a pool view. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Candis857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #725
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candis857 View Post
We have a party of five and I paid for a pool view. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
I would just keep the requests simple and ask for building 16 or 17. Those are two of the closest buildings to the main building without being preferred. You would be close to a quiet pool, close to laundry should you need to do any, and only a 2-3 minute walk at a leisurely pace to the main building.

If you have any other requests include those as well.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #726
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

subbing.. Can't wait for our 2 week stay at POFQ next summer!

Venomhatch- Thanks for all the great info!! Do you know if all of the rooms at POFQ are the same size? From some of the pictures I've seen, it seems like some of the rooms are slightly larger (not talking about King rooms.) Maybe it was just the way the pictures are displayed.

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #727
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga1 View Post
subbing.. Can't wait for our 2 week stay at POFQ next summer!

Venomhatch- Thanks for all the great info!! Do you know if all of the rooms at POFQ are the same size? From some of the pictures I've seen, it seems like some of the rooms are slightly larger (not talking about King rooms.) Maybe it was just the way the pictures are displayed.
The only differences I've noticed is on the handicapped rooms the door is flush with the main wall instead of a pushed in entry. Also some in room differences obviously. But with the door flush with the main window wall it allows for a little more room in them.

As you can see in the first and second pic the door way is different than the doorways near them.

(All Images below are the property of www.PortOrleans.org.)

Old 07-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #728
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I have a one night stay coming in November at POR Riverside... I was wondering if it was easy to get an Aligator Bayou room on request?

Thanks in advance.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #729
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I have a one night stay coming in November at POR Riverside... I was wondering if it was easy to get an Aligator Bayou room on request?

Thanks in advance.
It is possible yes. I would put that and any other requests you may have into your request letter for faxing.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #730
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is possible yes. I would put that and any other requests you may have into your request letter for faxing.
Thank you. Are you aware if it is possible to request it during online check-in as well?

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #731
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

Thanks Venonhatch for the pictures! Yes, I was looking at the interior of an accessible room. Had I seen a pic of the bathroom, I would have figured that out! Thanks so much!

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #732
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
Thank you. Are you aware if it is possible to request it during online check-in as well?
You can but I don't remember if there is a notes area for that. If there isn't then you could always use the fax template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga1 View Post
Thanks Venomhatch for the pictures! Yes, I was looking at the interior of an accessible room. Had I seen a pic of the bathroom, I would have figured that out! Thanks so much!
No problem!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #733
Goofy1414
Earning My Ears

Counting the days

Hi all!
We are counting the days till we arrive 8/12 staying in royal rooms POR my question is what are the preferred rooms in the royal mansions so that we can maybe experience extra magic in our stay. Also is there Wifi available in resort?
Thank you
Goofy1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #734
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1414 View Post
Hi all!
We are counting the days till we arrive 8/12 staying in royal rooms POR my question is what are the preferred rooms in the royal mansions so that we can maybe experience extra magic in our stay. Also is there Wifi available in resort?
Thank you
There are no preferred rooms in the royal rooms; all the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section. There is Wi-fi available.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #735
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
There are no preferred rooms in the royal rooms; all the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section. There is Wi-fi available.
The 'next best' option to a Preferred Location, but staying within the Royal rooms area, would be a Pool View Royal Room, as those are all located very close to the footbridge which leads over to the main buildings, bus stop, etc. River View Royal Rooms also have some great locations, but also some that are a bit of a walk from the main areas (although still very nice views).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: