Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #676
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Sorry I have been away been very swamped with Poly refurb and CR and GF situations. But I am back if anyone needs me still.
I know about Poly refurb, of course, but what does CR and GF "situations" mean? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #677
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am telling you, as a "CM actually at a resort", that what you heard is untrue. It still works at the moderates, not the deluxes or values, but definitely still working at the moderates, I promise! I mean look at all of the guests still getting magic from us CMs. Must be an ill-informed CM. Now as them confirming you they received them well they cant reply to every fax they receive, because of it being school break and travel season has now increased.
I know that faxed requests work at POR and POFQ but do you know if they work at CSR and CBR?
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #678
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfamilyrobinson View Post
I know about Poly refurb, of course, but what does CR and GF "situations" mean? Thanks!
I am deal with training and retraining of CMs at all three.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #679
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am telling you, as a "CM actually at a resort", that what you heard is untrue. It still works at the moderates, not the deluxes or values, but definitely still working at the moderates, I promise! I mean look at all of the guests still getting magic from us CMs. Must be an ill-informed CM. Now as them confirming you they received them well they cant reply to every fax they receive, because of it being school break and travel season has now increased.
Thank you so much for all of the info about sending a request fax. Never got an email response but when we arrived all of our requests were met. And even more magic....we were put in the preferred room section which was closer to the food court area than we were originally hoping for!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #680
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
Thank you so much for all of the info about sending a request fax. Never got an email response but when we arrived all of our requests were met. And even more magic....we were put in the preferred room section which was closer to the food court area than we were originally hoping for!
Well very glad you received your pixie dust!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #681
lucas
°o°

Just returned from our trip to WDW & PORFQ. Only speaking from my personal experience....

Once again a fax sent to any Disney hotel (this time PORFQ) did not bring me any pixie dust. I specifically requested on my original reservation and in a separate fax not to be placed in building 7 or 1. At check-in, guess which building we were assigned to.... 7! We told the CM about our request and she was able to check us into building 4, 1st floor, very close to the food court. It was a perfect location. If I hadn't spoken up, we would have been in building 7 and someone else would have had this great location.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #682
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Just returned from our trip to WDW & PORFQ. Only speaking from my personal experience....

Once again a fax sent to any Disney hotel (this time PORFQ) did not bring me any pixie dust. I specifically requested on my original reservation and in a separate fax not to be placed in building 7 or 1. At check-in, guess which building we were assigned to.... 7! We told the CM about our request and she was able to check us into building 4, 1st floor, very close to the food court. It was a perfect location. If I hadn't spoken up, we would have been in building 7 and someone else would have had this great location.
Wow both times. That is amazing. I think they misread not to be placed and thought you were asking for that. I dont know. Maybe you may have to be one of my special circumstances of help.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #683
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

So I sent my fax in this morning! Hoping for some Pixie Dust!

Im just wondering if people have been getting confirmation emails lately? I know last year I didnt get one but got exactly what I had asked for so Im not too concerned just curious! TIA!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #684
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

This is one of the peak seasons you may not get an email or call, but some do.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #685
julluvsdisney

Quote:
This is one of the peak seasons you may not get an email or call, but some do.

This is what I was thinking! Thank you!

WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #686
allymouse
Mouseketeer

Just bumping this up b/c the thread is active, thanks!

First timer at PORS. We are a newly married couple staying 4 nights during Food and Wine Fest starting Oct. 30 this year.

We just booked a regular ol room and I requested the Magnolia area. Can anyone make some suggestions for my room requests? Particular buildings you like?

I've heard that being close to the main bus stop is helpful. I also think we'll take the boat to DTD fairly often.

Thanks,

Ally
allymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #687
julluvsdisney

We like the preferred rooms but those are in AB not the mansions. If I was going to reccomend a building in the mansions based on location I would say building 85- magnolia. It is right over the footbridge from ol man island and the pool bar. Thats about as close as you can get in the mansions to everything you are looking for. Congrats!!!

Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #688
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hi Venom... I used your fax template last year, and it worked perfectly...

Now I have another question... Since we are allowed to check in online now, I assume that faxes are still looked at - so we should still do both, right?

Thanks so much!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #689
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymouse View Post
First timer at PORS. We are a newly married couple staying 4 nights during Food and Wine Fest starting Oct. 30 this year.

We just booked a regular ol room and I requested the Magnolia area. Can anyone make some suggestions for my room requests? Particular buildings you like?

I've heard that being close to the main bus stop is helpful. I also think we'll take the boat to DTD fairly often.

Thanks,

Ally
There's only 2 buildings in Magnolia Bend that aren't royal rooms, so I would just ask for what you want rather than a particular building.

I would suggest checking out this page on Andre's site, and in particular, look at the map to see where everything is located:

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #690
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hi Venom... I used your fax template last year, and it worked perfectly...

Now I have another question... Since we are allowed to check in online now, I assume that faxes are still looked at - so we should still do both, right?

Thanks so much!

D~
Yeah I still did online check in with my faxes and I have had other guests that have had no problems with the fax and online so I say, yes go ahead and do online check in and just leave the request area on the online check in blank.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: