Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #661
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalynn11 View Post
Thanks! Hopefully they'll be able to get us close despite having 3 different booking categories!
They may upgrade or move things around to try and get you all as close as possible if they can!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #662
erikalynn11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
They may upgrade or move things around to try and get you all as close as possible if they can!
Ok. As long as we keep the accessible room and the royal room for the girls, we're good.
erikalynn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #663
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

I sent my fax in today! It's Monday and we fly out Friday!! We don't actually arrive until very early Saturday morning but since I'm paying for Friday I'm counting it .

I am getting super excited now!!! We are surprising my daughters friend with Riverside and I'm surprising both of them with a Royal Room for the last few days.

Ok, down to business. I requested a great view (booked garden), upper floor, away from parking lot. This is what I requested for both reservations (sent on the same fax). I tried not to be too specific to allow room for the assignment teams flexibility and wishing for a view better than just a big bush .
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
cherylsmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #664
GetAPaperBag
Earning My Ears

Just coming back by to let everyone know that I got everything I requested for our recent trip. We were booked for a Royal Room, river view. I asked for second floor, corner room with 2 windows and got exactly that. Loved everything about the resort. It was my girlfriend's 30th birthday trip but I also proposed during the trip, so POR will always be very special to us. We're already planning on getting married in WDW and plan on staying at POR again for our wedding trip.

Thanks for such a great thread with such great information.
GetAPaperBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #665
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getapaperbag View Post
just coming back by to let everyone know that i got everything i requested for our recent trip. We were booked for a royal room, river view. I asked for second floor, corner room with 2 windows and got exactly that. Loved everything about the resort. It was my girlfriend's 30th birthday trip but i also proposed during the trip, so por will always be very special to us. We're already planning on getting married in wdw and plan on staying at por again for our wedding trip.

Thanks for such a great thread with such great information.
congratulations!!!

09/03/14 - Official DVC Members at GF!!!
Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
POR w/DH & Family - Oak - 08/15 - 08/23 '14
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #666
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Coming to CSR on Thursday night late. Faxed my request to the number posted in the first page. Should I expect an email or something back? Should I call to verify they got my request?

Last December when I sent my request to POR, I didn't get any followup either but definitely know they got my request as it was perfect.

Now, to online check-in or not? That is the question...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 AM   #667
FungLu
Earning My Ears

Couple of days away from faxing a request. Is there a better time of day to send the fax? Early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, 3:30am?
FungLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #668
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungLu View Post
Couple of days away from faxing a request. Is there a better time of day to send the fax? Early morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, 3:30am?
Earlyish in the morning would be good, so it's there when people come into the office. I'd suggestion avoiding Sunday/Monday too as a general guideline.

But, really don't stress about it - as I've said before, there isn't a fire-breathing dragon which incinerates messages which arrive outside of the Official Faxing hours or days.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-04-2014 at 05:37 AM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #669
erikalynn11
Earning My Ears

We sent our fax in this morning. Hopefully they can work something out!
erikalynn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #670
allymouse
Mouseketeer

Where should I request to stay?

First timer at PORS. We are a newly married couple staying 4 nights during Food and Wine Fest starting Oct. 30 this year.

We just booked a regular ol room and I requested the Magnolia area. Can anyone make some suggestions for my room requests? Particular buildings you like?

I've heard that being close to the main bus stop is helpful. I also think we'll take the boat to DTD fairly often.

Thanks,

Ally
allymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #671
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Sorry I have been away been very swamped with Poly refurb and CR and GF situations. But I am back if anyone needs me still.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #672
DisneyInDel
Mouseketeer

Anybody getting any responses from Faxed requests?
I was told by a CM that their system had changed which renders faxed requests pretty much useless.
Wanted to know if anyone can confirm or refute this..
Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #673
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyInDel View Post
Anybody getting any responses from Faxed requests?
I was told by a CM that their system had changed which renders faxed requests pretty much useless.
Wanted to know if anyone can confirm or refute this..
I am telling you, as a "CM actually at a resort", that what you heard is untrue. It still works at the moderates, not the deluxes or values, but definitely still working at the moderates, I promise! I mean look at all of the guests still getting magic from us CMs. Must be an ill-informed CM. Now as them confirming you they received them well they cant reply to every fax they receive, because of it being school break and travel season has now increased.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #674
DisneyInDel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am telling you, as a "CM actually at a resort", that what you heard is untrue. It still works at the moderates, not the deluxes or values, but definitely still working at the moderates, I promise! I mean look at all of the guests still getting magic from us CMs. Must be an ill-informed CM. Now as them confirming you they received them well they cant reply to every fax they receive, because of it being school break and travel season has now increased.
Thank you for your informed opinion ..now i"m gonna give it a shot!

Wish me luck!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #675
lucas
°o°

Quote:
I have never had any luck faxing in my room requests. But, I think they were for deluxe or value resorts. Soooooo, I am taking your advice and I just sent in my fax to PORFQ. Fingers crossed!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: