Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #646
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAPaperBag View Post
This thread is awesome. First stay at POR coming up next week and this thread is full of such great info. I'm struggling to not fax my request before 5 days just out of pure excitement. Thanks to everyone for providing all the great information.
Yeah it used to be a battle with us before on past trips, so I know what your going through!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #647
cheerbop
DIS Veteran

We won't be home to be able to fax for our Royal Room request. We will be at Art of Animation at our 5 days out.
What do you think we should do to get in our requests?

(DH) (ME)
(DS-16) (DS-10) (DS-7) (DS-4)
cheerbop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #648
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbop View Post
We won't be home to be able to fax for our Royal Room request. We will be at Art of Animation at our 5 days out.
Call and have them added to your reservation. That is all I have ever done and our requests have always been noted on our reservation when checking in.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #649
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbop View Post
Ok to clear this up I am PMing you.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #650
farrahalex76
Mouseketeer

5 days till we are at POR. Just sent my fax in. So excited about this trip can't wait to get there. I think this is going to be a long week.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #651
porterbl1
Mouseketeer

We checked in today. I had paid for a Garden View room. I requested building 16 or 14 near parking, with a corner room. I was not expecting 14 because we hadn't paid for preferred.

We got 1412! A corner room, and maybe the closest to Ol Man Island?! We are so pleased! I even accidentally faxed at 6 days. Lol. Thanks!!
porterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #652
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbl1 View Post
We checked in today. I had paid for a Garden View room. I requested building 16 or 14 near parking, with a corner room. I was not expecting 14 because we hadn't paid for preferred.

We got 1412! A corner room, and maybe the closest to Ol Man Island?! We are so pleased! I even accidentally faxed at 6 days. Lol. Thanks!!
Yeah 5 days is more as a guideline to stick close to.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:17 AM   #653
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
That's even better than preferred, that's River View and in fact about the best located room in the whole resort (corner, river view, about 50 yards from the food court). Well done!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #654
dumbolove
Mouseketeer

I wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful tips! Got back yesterday from a wonderful stay at POR. My boyfriend had heard me mention about this thread and logged on to read about this. He wanted to surprise me with a royal room for my birthday/college graduation but could not afford to pay the extra price since it was sold out with out discount. When we arrived at check in we were told that the surprise was fulfilled and I was in shock. I did not know what was going on until we got to our room later. We were upgraded to a royal room!!! It was wonderful! I was so surprised and excited. POR was great. Had a few issues for bussing but it was only for MK. One day we decided to avoid the bussing when we had a reservation at California Grill and we just paid for a taxi. So worth the $20 when we are all dressed up! Thanks again and a wonderful resort! Will definitely return!
dumbolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #655
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:

That's a nice amount of pixie dust! Glad you got taken care of so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbolove View Post
I wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful tips! Got back yesterday from a wonderful stay at POR. My boyfriend had heard me mention about this thread and logged on to read about this. He wanted to surprise me with a royal room for my birthday/college graduation but could not afford to pay the extra price since it was sold out with out discount. When we arrived at check in we were told that the surprise was fulfilled and I was in shock. I did not know what was going on until we got to our room later. We were upgraded to a royal room!!! It was wonderful! I was so surprised and excited. POR was great. Had a few issues for bussing but it was only for MK. One day we decided to avoid the bussing when we had a reservation at California Grill and we just paid for a taxi. So worth the $20 when we are all dressed up! Thanks again and a wonderful resort! Will definitely return!
Well that is great. Very magical indeed! We guys can be very sneak and crafty when applied for the right reasons! I am so happy you had such a great time!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #656
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

First, I'm not sure I've ever thanked Venomhatch or whoever took our request last Xmas - he had a nice quantity of pixie dust with an upgraded room and beautiful view. Thank you!!!

Now, my two boys and I will be coming in for a quick Star Wars weekend. This time we'll be staying at CSR. Any suggestions on getting some pixie dust? We arrive right when a convention ends on 6/5 and leave when a new one starts on 6/8. Planing on sending a fax towards the end of the week.

Is there a similar thread for CSR or just use the info in the first post?

Thanks in advance.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

Last edited by su_A_ve; 05-27-2014 at 11:38 PM.
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #657
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Double post...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #658
erikalynn11
Earning My Ears

Fax request

I'm working on our fax request for trip in less than 2 weeks. Can you guys give me some insight on if it looks good or not, and if not, what needs to be changed??

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
Thursday June 5, 2014
Resort Confirmation# XXXX, XXXX, & XXXX

Hello, and good day to you!

On June 11th, my Family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We would be grateful if you could possibly accommodate our one request. We would love to be as close to each other as possible. We have 3 different room types as part of our reservation, one Royal Room, one Pool View, and one Fully Accessible handicapped room. Being close together is really our only request. We are requesting this since our Dad is a disable veteran and needs extra assistance at times, and we are also traveling with my 3 young nieces that sometimes need extra eyes and assistance as well. So it would be magical to receive any pixie dust if at all possible. We are celebrating several birthdays while at Disney World as well as the first trip for my youngest niece. My nieces are beyond excited about staying in a “Princess Room”, and I can’t wait to see their faces when they see it for the first time. Dad is also very excited about coming back to Disney World, because he can forget about his disability and have a great time with his family and granddaughters. We understand that this is a request but if you can help us out it would make our trip even more magical that it already will be. We are arriving at your resort very soon, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

* We don’t have a specific building request as we will have a scooter for my Dad.
* Paid for Royal Room, Pool View, & Fully Accessible Room.

Sincerely,

The Ritchey, White, & Wade Families
erikalynn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #659
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalynn11 View Post
I'm working on our fax request for trip in less than 2 weeks. Can you guys give me some insight on if it looks good or not, and if not, what needs to be changed??

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
Thursday June 5, 2014
Resort Confirmation# XXXX, XXXX, & XXXX

Hello, and good day to you!

On June 11th, my Family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We would be grateful if you could possibly accommodate our one request. We would love to be as close to each other as possible. We have 3 different room types as part of our reservation, one Royal Room, one Pool View, and one Fully Accessible handicapped room. Being close together is really our only request. We are requesting this since our Dad is a disable veteran and needs extra assistance at times, and we are also traveling with my 3 young nieces that sometimes need extra eyes and assistance as well. So it would be magical to receive any pixie dust if at all possible. We are celebrating several birthdays while at Disney World as well as the first trip for my youngest niece. My nieces are beyond excited about staying in a “Princess Room”, and I can’t wait to see their faces when they see it for the first time. Dad is also very excited about coming back to Disney World, because he can forget about his disability and have a great time with his family and granddaughters. We understand that this is a request but if you can help us out it would make our trip even more magical that it already will be. We are arriving at your resort very soon, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

* We don’t have a specific building request as we will have a scooter for my Dad.
* Paid for Royal Room, Pool View, & Fully Accessible Room.

Sincerely,

The Ritchey, White, & Wade Families
That looks great! Send it in about five to seven days out.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #660
erikalynn11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
That looks great! Send it in about five to seven days out.
Thanks! Hopefully they'll be able to get us close despite having 3 different booking categories!
erikalynn11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: