Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #631
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Ha I made this for all Moderates, but mostly deal with the POR and POFQ.
About the rest of the moderates -- you list the fax info, but do they take fax requests? There are a lot of mixed answers on this. I've read through the past six months of posts on this thread but didn't see anything.

We are at CSR again. Last year, I used a TA and asked her to put my request in for an area, and when we checked in, we were originally put elsewhere. I asked if we could be where I wanted, and we were moved no problem. So either my request was not added by the TA or it was ignored, or not able to be met when they made the original assignment. I am checking in super late this year and realize there won't be as much opportunity to change like last time. (Not to mention the split stay part of the reservation I would also like to add notes on!)
Thanks
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #632
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
About the rest of the moderates -- you list the fax info, but do they take fax requests? There are a lot of mixed answers on this. I've read through the past six months of posts on this thread but didn't see anything.

We are at CSR again. Last year, I used a TA and asked her to put my request in for an area, and when we checked in, we were originally put elsewhere. I asked if we could be where I wanted, and we were moved no problem. So either my request was not added by the TA or it was ignored, or not able to be met when they made the original assignment. I am checking in super late this year and realize there won't be as much opportunity to change like last time. (Not to mention the split stay part of the reservation I would also like to add notes on!)
Thanks
There has been success at the other two mods, but I haven't had anyone try in about 3 months. Last report is they still do.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #633
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There has been success at the other two mods, but I haven't had anyone try in about 3 months. Last report is they still do.
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess it can't hurt to try!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #634
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess it can't hurt to try!
Yeah its Disney. Also I know the fax numbers are direct and are working so it will get there.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #635
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Venomhatch;51390342]I would send again as you are saying and if anyone says we already recieved it play like you didnt know another family member sent it in, aka husband, etc. Odds are we wont worry about so you shouldnt worry either.

Thanks for all of your help!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #636
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

We're back from POR and had a wonderful trip. Thanks to Venomhatch & Andre for all the info and help you both so generously dole out.

We got our request for building 16 and the room was perfect. We've stayed in Oak Manor on a previous visit prior to the Royal Rooms, but we enjoyed the AB rooms more than the Manor rooms.

The only issue was the connecting door. One night about 3AM my DH woke me out of a sound sleep by banging on the connecting door. Apparently, whoever was in the next room was trying to open the door and woke my DH since his head was next to the door. After banging on the door, the person stopped trying to open the lock. I think it was the same person who was chain smoking outside on the 2nd floor next to our room. Every time we opened the door, the smoke got sucked into our room. Yuck!! Didn't want to complain because it would have been obvious to them who turned them in and I didn't want any issues.

All in all, it was a great 1st trip for my granddaughter.
We got some great shots with the Memory Maker, but wouldn't you know, the Anna & Elsa photos are missing! Hopefully they will be able to find them for us.

Thanks again! Can't wait for another chance to stay at POR.
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #637
jacksmommy
Mouseketeer

Should we expect to hear back if we sent a fax? I sent one around midnight from an online faxing service (we are 5 days out) and have not heard back. Not sure if I should resend or not? Don't want to be annoying but want to make sure it was received. Thanks!

DH Me and DS Jack age 8 and our sweet Disney Souvenir Mary-Kate born 10/27/09

Trips to the World:
1983 offsite - just me
The fam's first trip and my 35th birthday celebration: Feb. 2009 AKL
Mary-Kate's first trip and our return to AKL with the inlaws! September 2010
Traveling with the in-laws again! BLT September 25-October 2, 2011 - our 7th Anniversary and MK's 2nd birthday!
3rd Trip w/In-Laws - SSR Sept. 22-29/2012
POR for Spring Break 4/1-4/5 2013 Sister and Cousins Trip!
SSR Christmas Time Trip 12/1-12/8/2014
40th Birthday & 1st SWW Trip 5/14-5/20/2014
jacksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #638
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy View Post
Should we expect to hear back if we sent a fax? I sent one around midnight from an online faxing service (we are 5 days out) and have not heard back. Not sure if I should resend or not? Don't want to be annoying but want to make sure it was received. Thanks!
Many don't hear back, unless you put your personal email on it, and even then, you may not.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #639
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Many don't hear back, unless you put your personal email on it, and even then, you may not.
Yes as you mentioned this is true. A lot has to do with the summer season is fast approaching us and we are steadily increasing business and guest count is increasing, so we don't have a whole lot of time to follow up right now. I do apologize for this.

To everyone...

Two things to think of. Requests are just that, if we can we will try an accommodate your needs or desires with as much as magic and pixie dust as possible. But sometimes they don't get a chance to fulfill all of them.

But rest assured if it is a medical need we definitely put that above all in importance.

And of course remember... your at Disney!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #640
jacksmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes as you mentioned this is true. A lot has to do with the summer season is fast approaching us and we are steadily increasing business and guest count is increasing, so we don't have a whole lot of time to follow up right now. I do apologize for this.

To everyone...

Two things to think of. Requests are just that, if we can we will try an accommodate your needs or desires with as much as magic and pixie dust as possible. But sometimes they don't get a chance to fulfill all of them.

But rest assured if it is a medical need we definitely put that above all in importance.

And of course remember... your at Disney!
Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate it! Excited no matter what to stay at POR again. Thanks for all of the help!

DH Me and DS Jack age 8 and our sweet Disney Souvenir Mary-Kate born 10/27/09

Trips to the World:
1983 offsite - just me
The fam's first trip and my 35th birthday celebration: Feb. 2009 AKL
Mary-Kate's first trip and our return to AKL with the inlaws! September 2010
Traveling with the in-laws again! BLT September 25-October 2, 2011 - our 7th Anniversary and MK's 2nd birthday!
3rd Trip w/In-Laws - SSR Sept. 22-29/2012
POR for Spring Break 4/1-4/5 2013 Sister and Cousins Trip!
SSR Christmas Time Trip 12/1-12/8/2014
40th Birthday & 1st SWW Trip 5/14-5/20/2014
jacksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #641
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate it! Excited no matter what to stay at POR again. Thanks for all of the help!
No problem. Odds are POR received it and they just don't have the time to do a follow up. It happens.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #642
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

Just a quick post.

We are here now and LOVE it! We checked in Monday. I was a bit apprehensive as I really like a nice hotel and was not sure I would like the outside corridors and room doors. No need! The grounds are beautiful....the atmosphere is just so relaxing and really takes you away to a different place. Love the CM's.

Boat to DTD is very handy. We do have a rental car, but take the bus to MK. We use the North depot mostly and have never had to wait long going to or coming home.

We are in Acadian House GV and could not be happier. Just steps from the quiet pool and a quick walk to the big pool and food court. After reading some reports I was concerned that the resort would be too big and spread out. We do not have any mobility issues and are active as a family. We find everything to be an easy walk and for us even the beach buildings of AB would be fine.

Tomorrow is our last day here and we move to BC for our last week. I just hope I like it as much as we do here!
Eddygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #643
TeachTink
Mouseketeer

Sent my fax in today using gotfreefax.com! What a greet and easy site. POR in 4 days!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #644
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTink View Post
Sent my fax in today using gotfreefax.com! What a greet and easy site. POR in 4 days!
Why thank you! Great to hear. Hope you get plenty of pixie dust!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #645
GetAPaperBag
Earning My Ears

This thread is awesome. First stay at POR coming up next week and this thread is full of such great info. I'm struggling to not fax my request before 5 days just out of pure excitement. Thanks to everyone for providing all the great information.
GetAPaperBag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: