Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #616
porterbl1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 104

Okay our trip is in 12 days. We are driving our own car. We'll get to Disney on May 19th. We have a garden view room booked in Alligator Bayou. Not preferred.

Our preferences are to be near the good pools, near parking, and hopefully a corner room. I was previously recommended blg 16, but that was before we were moved to Garden view for a promotion.

Is that still what I should request, and what day should I fax it? Thanks!
porterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #617
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbl1 View Post
Okay our trip is in 12 days. We are driving our own car. We'll get to Disney on May 19th. We have a garden view room booked in Alligator Bayou. Not preferred.

Our preferences are to be near the good pools, near parking, and hopefully a corner room. I was previously recommended blg 16, but that was before we were moved to Garden view for a promotion.

Is that still what I should request, and what day should I fax it? Thanks!
Yes I would put those items into the fax. You should be ok with that!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #618
porterbl1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 104

Thanks so much!
porterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #619
amy-bee-0
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20

Sent a fax Monday, April 21 for our check in on Saturday, April 26th for a week long stay. Mentioned that this was our second time at the resort and loved our last room un building 14 but understood it was now preferred. Requested building 16 or 17, corner room with strong wifi signal.

Was greeted at POR when we got off the Magical Express by a staff member with an iPad with our name on it, a nice surprise that we didn't have to wait in the line. Assigned Room 2454 which did have a stong wifi signal but no corner windows and obviously not building 16 or 17. 1 out of 3 requests granted.

It was nice to be right by one of the smaller pools (almost a pool view if you turned your head to the left when you left the room). The walk to the main lobby was approximately 8 minutes and about 3 to the west depot.
amy-bee-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #620
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy-bee-0 View Post
Sent a fax Monday, April 21 for our check in on Saturday, April 26th for a week long stay. Mentioned that this was our second time at the resort and loved our last room un building 14 but understood it was now preferred. Requested building 16 or 17, corner room with strong wifi signal.

Was greeted at POR when we got off the Magical Express by a staff member with an iPad with our name on it, a nice surprise that we didn't have to wait in the line. Assigned Room 2454 which did have a stong wifi signal but no corner windows and obviously not building 16 or 17. 1 out of 3 requests granted.

It was nice to be right by one of the smaller pools (almost a pool view if you turned your head to the left when you left the room). The walk to the main lobby was approximately 8 minutes and about 3 to the west depot.
Yeah not everyone of them is possible to grant. But if you were not happy you could have always stopped by Front Desk and we could have seen what we could have done for you.

Sorry it didn't work out for you on all of your requests but it is strange because I don't have a very bad history using my template with all of the guests on this and POR's main thread.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #621
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom
 
Eeyore's My Favorite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,894

Faxing my mini-request tomorrow. We've always stayed in the AB section, but since we're only staying one night I want to try the Mansions section so I requested Magnolia Bend when I spoke to the CM making the reservation. We're not going to the parks. This is my Mother's Day gift of just relaxing around the hotel - doing what I want to do - and shopping at DTD. Maybe even Splitsville. Absolutely can't wait!!
__________________
Me : & DH :


Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #622
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Faxing my mini-request tomorrow. We've always stayed in the AB section, but since we're only staying one night I want to try the Mansions section so I requested Magnolia Bend when I spoke to the CM making the reservation. We're not going to the parks. This is my Mother's Day gift of just relaxing around the hotel - doing what I want to do - and shopping at DTD. Maybe even Splitsville. Absolutely can't wait!!
Like it!!!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #623
masylimed
Mouseketeer
 
masylimed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 116

We are going to POR in 9 days. We are only staying there for 1 night - before our first Disney cruise. We have a river view room in AB reserved. I want to send them a fax to ask for some extra magic. We are celebrating our oldest daughter's HS graduation and our family's first Disney cruise. I'm not even sure what type of magic I'm expecting. I just thought it would be awesome to be surprised with something - note from "Mickey", etc. - in the room.

Anybody ever experienced any magic related to 1st cruises or graduations? Don't want to leave my younger 2 kids out of the magic by just focusing on the graduation.
masylimed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #624
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by masylimed View Post
We are going to POR in 9 days. We are only staying there for 1 night - before our first Disney cruise. We have a river view room in AB reserved. I want to send them a fax to ask for some extra magic. We are celebrating our oldest daughter's HS graduation and our family's first Disney cruise. I'm not even sure what type of magic I'm expecting. I just thought it would be awesome to be surprised with something - note from "Mickey", etc. - in the room.

Anybody ever experienced any magic related to 1st cruises or graduations? Don't want to leave my younger 2 kids out of the magic by just focusing on the graduation.
If you fax in stating that your celebrating that and maybe if you ask if they can leave a special note about the graduation then it is possible it may happen, but no promises. But we love to do a lil extra for guest, aka give you a lil extra magic. Also if you mention that to your cruise CM about the graduation then maybe they can arrange something for you as well. but I have never actually been on one of our cruises.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #625
mom21princess
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 36

Thank you so much for all the help. I sent in a fax according to your advice just asking that My In laws and Parents be as close as they could make since we had booked a Royal room and they had not. I never would dream to ask for or expect an Upgrade but I just received the sweetest Email telling us they upgraded my family and we all have connecting rooms! I was so appreciative I was crying.. Riverside CM's are the best!
mom21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #626
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom21princess View Post
Thank you so much for all the help. I sent in a fax according to your advice just asking that My In laws and Parents be as close as they could make since we had booked a Royal room and they had not. I never would dream to ask for or expect an Upgrade but I just received the sweetest Email telling us they upgraded my family and we all have connecting rooms! I was so appreciative I was crying.. Riverside CM's are the best!
I wish I could say I did it for a fellow Virginian, well I am an ex Virginian. But I just provide the tools and advice. Here is to hoping your trip is filled with magic and pixie dust!!!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #627
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom
 
Eeyore's My Favorite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,894

Two more work days til we check in for mothers Day. I sent my fax in bright & early this morning, just can't wait to check in at POR & give the mansions a try!!!
__________________
Me : & DH :


Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #628
mrsparker13
Mouseketeer
 
mrsparker13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 167

Thank you so much for this thread. We check in on Sunday for a week long stay at POR. I used your template and sent in my fax yesterday requesting a Magnolia Bend building close to a foot bridge. Fingers crossed I get it. I want to be closer to the food court area this trip. We stayed at CBR last fall and stayed in a pirate room (as far away as possible from the food court).
mrsparker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #629
disneygal55
DIS Veteran
 
disneygal55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,174

For some reason, I thought that I had to send my request fax two weeks prior to check-in...uh oh. Now I see that it should have been sent no more than five days prior to our 5/15 check-in. Should I write a nice note on another a repeat fax and send it again? On Saturday 5/10?? Don't want to look like a pain lol.
__________________
disneygal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #630
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
For some reason, I thought that I had to send my request fax two weeks prior to check-in...uh oh. Now I see that it should have been sent no more than five days prior to our 5/15 check-in. Should I write a nice note on another a repeat fax and send it again? On Saturday 5/10?? Don't want to look like a pain lol.
I would send again as you are saying and if anyone says we already recieved it play like you didnt know another family member sent it in, aka husband, etc. Odds are we wont worry about so you shouldnt worry either.



Also to: mrsparker13 No problem I love to help spread a little extra magic!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: