Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #601
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No, you're definitely not alone. Why do you think there's an entire thread dedicated to making faxed room requests for 2 resorts.

Welcome to the club!
Ha I made this for all Moderates, but mostly deal with the POR and POFQ.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #602
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No, you're definitely not alone. Why do you think there's an entire thread dedicated to making faxed room requests for 2 resorts.

Welcome to the club!
That's why I love DIS boards, makes me feel normal for my obsession Here I am not judged - I may be flamed but it's all good!!
buggy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #603
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I would send it then on Saturday that will be just fine.
That's what I figured, better to be a day early than 2 days late and on the bottom of the fax pile obsession.....
Old 04-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #604
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy2727 View Post
So I'm revisiting my fax request after reading some posts here on this thread. We have booked a standard room but in my request can I "mention" building 14?
It never hurts to mention something that you'd like if possible, but do remember that there are no 'Standard View' rooms in building 14, so they would technically be giving you an upgrade. However if there is any capacity available they have been known to do that, so it can't hurt to just mention that building 14 would be your ideal if any rooms do happen to become available there.

Don't send your fax more than 5 days out though, as they generally won't assign category changes much further out than that (I assume in case any more bookings might still come in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Hi There,
I was planning to fax a room request encompassing requests for our families from April 30-May 7, but I'm wondering if I should mention our room only reservation for a possibility of not having to change rooms? Even if POR could accommodate that we would still have to "check-out" and "check-in" again, right?
I would definitely mention the extra one-day booking when you send your fax. The system is meant to flag this automatically (and they also run regular reports looking for matching names in consecutive dates) but just in case it gets missed it's worth mentioning anyway. They will usually try their best to avoid you having to change rooms if at all possible, but sometimes it can't be avoided depending on capacity.

You will technically need to check out and back in again, but if you can stay in the same room that's just a formality to get your new package items added and update your room access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy2727 View Post
That's why I love DIS boards, makes me feel normal for my obsession Here I am not judged - I may be flamed but it's all good!!
Hey, don't assume that you're normal just because you've found a whole load of other people with the same obsession...

Andre
(also probably not normal, but proud of it as "normal" basically means "average")

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #605
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Thank You Andre and Venom!!! I truly appreciate the help!!
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #606
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

deleted

Last edited by Candlelady; 04-26-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #607
coolers
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at POR from 5/7-5/10. We have 2 garden view rooms reserved with my parents. Which building should I try to request that is closest to the food court and best bus stop? Is there anyway I may can get a room upgrade? Can you email me the template? Also, which building will construction be on at that time? Thanks!

Last edited by coolers; 04-26-2014 at 08:43 PM.
coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #608
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolers View Post
We will be staying at POR from 5/7-5/10. We have 2 garden view rooms reserved with my parents.

1. Which building should I try to request that is closest to the food court and best bus stop?

2. Is there anyway I may can get a room upgrade?

3. Can you email me the template?

4. Also, which building will construction be on at that time? Thanks!
1. I would just ask to be close to the food court rather than a specific building.

2. You can ask if there's availability at check-in, but it should be with the expectation of paying for it.

3. It's in the first post of this thread.

4. The only building I'm aware of that has construction going on is Oak Manor, which is one of the Royal room buildings, so you won't have to worry about being put in it.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #609
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
1. I would just ask to be close to the food court rather than a specific building.

2. You can ask if there's availability at check-in, but it should be with the expectation of paying for it.

3. It's in the first post of this thread.

4. The only building I'm aware of that has construction going on is Oak Manor, which is one of the Royal room buildings, so you won't have to worry about being put in it.
Thank you for helping me out. I was really busy today! Plus have a killer headache!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #610
Sandyt05
Earning My Ears

We leave in 4 days for WDW and staying at POR. We are booked for a Royal Guest Room with a garden view. I really wanted to be in Oak Manor but with the roof construction, would you chose the other bldg even though it is the farthest building? What would you do?
Sandyt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #611
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

Sent my fax in yesterday!!! Can't believe we arrive on Friday!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Hey, don't assume that you're normal just because you've found a whole load of other people with the same obsession...

Andre
(also probably not normal, but proud of it as "normal" basically means "average")
Old 05-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #612
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Goodness me - I'm SO freaking excited!

I'm getting ready to send our fax on Wednesday this week - we check in on the following Tuesday, and I can't wait!!!
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #613
TeachTink
Mouseketeer

I am checking into POR on Wednesday, May 14. I am thinking that Friday, May 9 will be the day I send my fax. Venom, would I be able to PM you my fax to read and suggest changes? I already have it typed up.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #614
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTink View Post
I am checking into POR on Wednesday, May 14. I am thinking that Friday, May 9 will be the day I send my fax. Venom, would I be able to PM you my fax to read and suggest changes? I already have it typed up.
Pm me that is fine.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #615
DJT
DIS Veteran

We checked in today. I sent my fax on Wednesday. I had two requests and got them both. Very happy. It is so peaceful here.
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: