Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #586
allykat73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
It definitely would hurt. I know the point of faxing in ahead is to allow them time to find a room best fitting what your looking for. So I say yes by all means fax us.
Do you think there is a possibility of losing my assigned room to people who check in earlier than me? For example....if somebody checks in and doesn't like their room...could I lose a room assigned to me if they give it away? Just wondering. Not much I can really do about it anyway. I will fax a request anyway though. :-)

I went to POR last April and faxed a request and got everything I asked for.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #587
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykat73 View Post
Do you think there is a possibility of losing my assigned room to people who check in earlier than me? For example....if somebody checks in and doesn't like their room...could I lose a room assigned to me if they give it away? Just wondering. Not much I can really do about it anyway. I will fax a request anyway though. :-)

I went to POR last April and faxed a request and got everything I asked for.
When they lock you in on a room, it can happen I wont tell you it is impossible. But I will tell you usually when we have locked you in on a room it is a great chance you will get that room. But worse case scenario you get upgraded. But like I said it really doesn't happen that often. You have better chances winning on a scratch lottery ticket.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #588
allykat73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
When they lock you in on a room, it can happen I wont tell you it is impossible. But I will tell you usually when we have locked you in on a room it is a great chance you will get that room. But worse case scenario you get upgraded. But like I said it really doesn't happen that often. You have better chances winning on a scratch lottery ticket.
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #589
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl42 View Post
And because it us just the 2 adults- a king bed would be perfect! Then we want a preferred room to be close to amenities- we will have an umbrella stroller- but would be nice to save energy for the parks! The preferred room us really the priority
You can book a King Bed room and request a room in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27, as some of the King Bed rooms are located there. However there's no guarantee your request will be met.

If you book a Preferred Location you will definitely get one of those buildings, but as a Standard or Garden View rather than a King Bed.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #590
disgirl42
Our first visit in over 20 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You can book a King Bed room and request a room in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27, as some of the King Bed rooms are located there. However there's no guarantee your request will be met.

If you book a Preferred Location you will definitely get one of those buildings, but as a Standard or Garden View rather than a King Bed.

Andre

Thanks, Andre!

Your website is just fantastic! I have learned so much about this resort- I am so excited to be staying at POR! FQ looks great as well!

Thanks for the feedback on my question! The more information that we have t- the better. I really feel that either the queen beds or the king bed in AB Preferred location would be fantastic! I saw on your building layouts that there are a few (not many) king beds in the preferred location- someone has to get them- it may be us! Can't hurt to ask! Either way- all will be awesome as we will be in Disney! woo hoo!!

Thanks, Amy
disgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #591
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Sorry I didn't see your question. I guess I missed it.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #592
disgirl42
Our first visit in over 20 years!!

Quote:
Sorry I didn't see your question. I guess I missed it.
You answered it as well! It was a portion of my previous post that you both answered- thanks!

On a side note- I just copied your packing list into my trip notes- great ideas on there!!

I'm super excited to get there and check everything out!!

Thanks again, Venomhatch!

Amy
disgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #593
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgirl42 View Post
You answered it as well! It was a portion of my previous post that you both answered- thanks!

On a side note- I just copied your packing list into my trip notes- great ideas on there!!

I'm super excited to get there and check everything out!!

Thanks again, Venomhatch!

Amy
Yeah I just see so many posts it is starting to blur a little sometimes. But glad it was answered period. I don't like missing guest's questions.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #594
jseiden420
Mouseketeer

Just have to say I'm so jealous of everyone taking about going to POR. We stayed there last October and absolutely loved it! Venomhatch is a wealth of knowledge and helped us create an awesome vacation. Can't wait to go back!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #595
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

So I'm revisiting my fax request after reading some posts here on this thread. We have booked a standard room but in my request can I "mention" building 14?

"... . We have 3 children aged 8 and under so a short walk would be helpful on the little legs (and even the big legs)!! We have a paid Standard View Room as part of our reservation so it would be lovely to have a nice view of the property. If possible, we would love a room that is close to the main buildings and bus depot – something around building 16 would be perfect for us! ...."

Of course I would love both a short walk and a beautiful view but honestly, I really prefer a short walk to a better view So should I take that part out and just leave it simple? Can I change the bolded line to say ...something around building 14 or 16??? I don't expect an upgrade for something I didn't pay for but I don't know if it *would* hurt to ask As with everything on this trip, I'm putting way to much (obsessive) thought into this!!!! I don't want to ask for too much but would rather get some of my requests than none
buggy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #596
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Need Advice....

Hi There,
I'm looking for some advice....

We have a package booked at POR (preferred) from April 30-May 7. We will be joined on our vacation by another family (our best friends-their family's first trip to Disney!). However, because of flight issues just our family had to come in the night before. Soooo...we have a room only ressie for the first night but it is a standard room. I was planning to fax a room request encompassing requests for our families from April 30-May 7, but I'm wondering if I should mention our room only reservation for a possibility of not having to change rooms? Even if POR could accommodate that we would still have to "check-out" and "check-in" again, right?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and guidance.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #597
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420 View Post
Just have to say I'm so jealous of everyone taking about going to POR. We stayed there last October and absolutely loved it! Venomhatch is a wealth of knowledge and helped us create an awesome vacation. Can't wait to go back!
No problem, glad you had a magical vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy2727 View Post
So I'm revisiting my fax request after reading some posts here on this thread. We have booked a standard room but in my request can I "mention" building 14?

"... . We have 3 children aged 8 and under so a short walk would be helpful on the little legs (and even the big legs)!! We have a paid Standard View Room as part of our reservation so it would be lovely to have a nice view of the property. If possible, we would love a room that is close to the main buildings and bus depot – something around building 16 would be perfect for us! ...."

Of course I would love both a short walk and a beautiful view but honestly, I really prefer a short walk to a better view So should I take that part out and just leave it simple? Can I change the bolded line to say ...something around building 14 or 16??? I don't expect an upgrade for something I didn't pay for but I don't know if it *would* hurt to ask As with everything on this trip, I'm putting way to much (obsessive) thought into this!!!! I don't want to ask for too much but would rather get some of my requests than none
Sure you can ask to be in the building 14, just don't mention that you know it is preferred. I say leave it the way it is, and that does sound like a good idea asking around building 14 or 16, sure. You'll be ok and remember its Disney, not an IRS audit. You don't need to be stressed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Hi There,
I'm looking for some advice....

We have a package booked at POR (preferred) from April 30-May 7. We will be joined on our vacation by another family (our best friends-their family's first trip to Disney!). However, because of flight issues just our family had to come in the night before. Soooo...we have a room only ressie for the first night but it is a standard room. I was planning to fax a room request encompassing requests for our families from April 30-May 7, but I'm wondering if I should mention our room only reservation for a possibility of not having to change rooms? Even if POR could accommodate that we would still have to "check-out" and "check-in" again, right?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and guidance.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly
Ok, on your fax I would do everyone's requests on one fax, leave out the room only part we can see that on the reservation when we look it up. But make sure you put both reservation numbers, family names, etc on the title area of the fax.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #598
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You'll be ok and remember its Disney, not an IRS audit. You don't need to be stressed here.
Haha, thanks (for the laugh AND the advice).

I saw in this thread that the person handling the reservations / faxes doesn't come in on Sunday or Monday (Sunday is my 5 day mark) so then I started obsessing on whether to send in my fax on Saturday or Tuesday!!! I had to laugh when I saw another person who wrote in with that same question! It's good to know that I'm not alone in overthinking things
buggy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #599
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Haha, thanks (for the laugh AND the advice).

I saw in this thread that the person handling the reservations / faxes doesn't come in on Sunday or Monday (Sunday is my 5 day mark) so then I started obsessing on whether to send in my fax on Saturday or Tuesday!!! I had to laugh when I saw another person who wrote in with that same question! It's good to know that I'm not alone in overthinking things
I would send it then on Saturday that will be just fine.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #600
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's good to know that I'm not alone in overthinking things
No, you're definitely not alone. Why do you think there's an entire thread dedicated to making faxed room requests for 2 resorts.

Welcome to the club!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: